ClubSport

Updated Nov 13, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Gilmour

KidsWorld is a great place for a transitional or college job.

KidsWorld Attendant (Current Employee)
Tualatin, OR

I have been working at ClubSport part-time for less than a year

ProsI worked at ClubSport in the KidsWorld department for less than a year during college. They are really willing to work around your school schedule. The ours It is a great place for a transitional job, but there is little opportunity for any long term growth. Coworkers, supervisors and managers are all awesome, great people to work with.

ConsPay is low - many long term coworkers have not received raises for years. Extremely high turnover. Many talented people with supervision potential seem to be underutilized.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate turnover by giving associates the raises and responsibilities they deserve!

If you want a chill part-time job,this is it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ClubSport full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA good starting wage, and there is room for advancement.

Consthey will take advantage of you whenever possible. worked for many years received one minuscule raise.

Like Family

Senior Lifeguard/Instructor (Current Employee)
Fremont, CA

I have been working at ClubSport part-time for more than 5 years

Pros-Great pay
-Free gym membership
-Everyone treats you like family
-I was able to come and work summers between college or on weekends when I moved home to work a full time job
-The Aquatics director was like a non-related uncle AND boss, he was very supportive yet cared about his employees and made them feel like family

ConsThe general manager and other managers need to allocate more money towards aquatics. What many high end gyms don't have is a nice outdoor pool- sometimes the ONLY reason patrons are staying at ClubSport. With the competition like the new CitySport and the SuperSport in Fremont, they need to work on what makes them stand out, which is the aquatics department.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe general manager has been very extreme. She is trying to fire people who have been there longer than she and who have done much for ClubSport.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Club Sport

Lifeguard (Current Employee)
Fremont, CA

I have been working at ClubSport part-time for less than a year

ProsThe people are friendly, management is nice even if you're young, the pay increases if you teach swim lessons, lots of young lifeguards, fun, little stress

ConsHard to move up as a lifeguard or to get an increase in pay

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the costumers are charged so much, can we make a little more ?

Great place to work in college - not a place for a career.

Lifeguard (Former Employee)
Tigard, OR

I worked at ClubSport

ProsClubsport is a nice environment, and if you're in the right department (like Aquatics) your departmnet management and colleagues are fantastic. The free membership is a fantastic perk, and in some departments, you can make your own schedule if you're an instructor.

ConsSome departments (like Kidsworld) are terrible because they hire many undereducated single-mom dropout-types who are content living paycheck to paycheck, or just complain about everything. It's a nice place to work in high school and college, but unless you're a true athletic professional (i.e. trainer, ect.) there are NO opportunities for meaningful skill development or advancement. The pay sucks too, even when you work there for years. They give you a raise on a yearly basis, but as long as I was there, it only kept pace with the rise in minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that it's just good business to hire cheap labor, but if they really want to retain good entry-level employees and avoid turnover every few months, they need to consider increasing compensation and giving annual reviews/raises as promised upon hiring.

great position

Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

I worked at ClubSport

ProsGreat co-workers, good pay, easy job, treat employees well, feels like a family atmosphere

Conssome members are rude, can be hard to get the hours you want, have to work weekends

Advice to Senior Managementgreat time working there but managers should be more prepared in an emergency, more specifically...know where the AED is and know how to use it.

Great place to begin my work experience.

I have been working at ClubSport

ProsYou get free membership, which is always great because the facilities are amazing. The people are also very helpful, and it's like a family within the different departments.

ConsSome of the customers are ridiculously rude sometimes, and you have to be nice to them and deal with them anyways. Club owners often don't give the club enough money.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more fun events for just the staff for people to bond, especially between different departments. Perhaps re-do the kidfit uniforms.

Coach

Coach (Current Employee)

I have been working at ClubSport

ProsGreat Place to work, fast paced every one is nice and it is a family type place to work, enjoyable.

ConsThe members are not great, they are not the friendliest. They can be difficult at times and also very strict regulations on the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a good job, make sure to treat your employees the same. Sometimes the younger workers do not feel appreciated.

Club Sports of Pleasanton

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ClubSport

Prosthe only good reason to work at club sport is that you get free membership and meet some cool people

Consthe management is horrible. constant surveillance at work. racist workers. gym members are snobby and spoiled. and the pay is horrible

Advice to Senior Managementyou should learn to treat people better instead of paying all your attention to customer service. i hope you guys learn.

Worked for ClubSport? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ClubSport reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ClubSport CEO Steve Gilmour. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by ClubSport employees.