ClubSport

Great Employee Benefits

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Fremont, CA

I worked at ClubSport

Pros

Friendly Staff
    Good working environment
    Great employee benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Compensation is a little bit low

A company that reinvests in it's success. From the facilities to the employees.

Current Employee - Personal Trainer
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer

I have been working at ClubSport full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The culture of a business starts with leadership from the top and I believe that ClubSport is a great example of this.

Cons

People. If you don't like working with, them or for them this is not your company.

I think you are doing a great job realizing your best assets are your employees.

Oregon location going down hill

I worked at ClubSport full-time

Pros

You get a free membership and get to meet a lot of high up people in other jobs.

Cons

New management has taken over Oregon location and it has gone completely down hill. Many members are just waiting for the new gym to open close by at the end of summer so they can leave. Pays incredibly LOW!

Get new senior management that is strict, stays past 2:00pm, and doesn't allow manager's to do yoga classes all day instead of doing their work.

Huge personal growth opportunity.

I have been working at ClubSport full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company values, membership, great executive teams on all properties. Definitely a work hard/play hard culture.

Cons

Can be stressful when busy and during certain times of the year.

If you want a chill part-time job,this is it.

I worked at ClubSport full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A good starting wage, and there is room for advancement.

Cons

they will take advantage of you whenever possible. worked for many years received one minuscule raise.

KidsWorld is a great place for a transitional or college job.

Current Employee - KidsWorld Attendant in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - KidsWorld Attendant in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at ClubSport part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked at ClubSport in the KidsWorld department for less than a year during college. They are really willing to work around your school schedule. The ours It is a great place for a transitional job, but there is little opportunity for any long term growth. Coworkers, supervisors and managers are all awesome, great people to work with.

Cons

Pay is low - many long term coworkers have not received raises for years. Extremely high turnover. Many talented people with supervision potential seem to be underutilized.

Eliminate turnover by giving associates the raises and responsibilities they deserve!

Like Family

Current Employee - Senior Lifeguard/Instructor in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Lifeguard/Instructor in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ClubSport part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Great pay
    -Free gym membership
    -Everyone treats you like family
    -I was able to come and work summers between college or on weekends when I moved home to work a full time job
    -The Aquatics director was like a non-related uncle AND boss, he was very supportive yet cared about his employees and made them feel like family

Cons

The general manager and other managers need to allocate more money towards aquatics. What many high end gyms don't have is a nice outdoor pool- sometimes the ONLY reason patrons are staying at ClubSport. With the competition like the new CitySport and the SuperSport in Fremont, they need to work on what makes them stand out, which is the aquatics department.

The general manager has been very extreme. She is trying to fire people who have been there longer than she and who have done much for ClubSport.

Working at Club Sport

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Lifeguard in Fremont, CA

I have been working at ClubSport part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly, management is nice even if you're young, the pay increases if you teach swim lessons, lots of young lifeguards, fun, little stress

Cons

Hard to move up as a lifeguard or to get an increase in pay

Since the costumers are charged so much, can we make a little more ?

Great place to work in college - not a place for a career.

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Tigard, OR

I worked at ClubSport

Pros

Clubsport is a nice environment, and if you're in the right department (like Aquatics) your departmnet management and colleagues are fantastic. The free membership is a fantastic perk, and in some departments, you can make your own schedule if you're an instructor.

Cons

Some departments (like Kidsworld) are terrible because they hire many undereducated single-mom dropout-types who are content living paycheck to paycheck, or just complain about everything. It's a nice place to work in high school and college, but unless you're a true athletic professional (i.e. trainer, ect.) there are NO opportunities for meaningful skill development or advancement. The pay sucks too, even when you work there for years. They give you a raise on a yearly basis, but as long as I was there, it only kept pace with the rise in minimum wage.

I understand that it's just good business to hire cheap labor, but if they really want to retain good entry-level employees and avoid turnover every few months, they need to consider increasing compensation and giving annual reviews/raises as promised upon hiring.

great position

Former Employee - Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at ClubSport

Pros

Great co-workers, good pay, easy job, treat employees well, feels like a family atmosphere

Cons

some members are rude, can be hard to get the hours you want, have to work weekends

great time working there but managers should be more prepared in an emergency, more specifically...know where the AED is and know how to use it.