Clutch Group Reviews

Updated April 2, 2015
31 reviews filtered by
3.9
Abhi Shah

Dynamic, cutting-edge company in the legal, compliance, risk and consulting space.

Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at Clutch Group

Pros

Smart, driven colleagues
    New challenges on a regular basis
    Collaboration/teamwork are hallmarks of the culture
    Independent thought and action valued
    Tremendous growth opportunity

Cons

With any growing company, there will be moments where the pace of change and influx of new employees tests the existing systems.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster independent/thought and action and offer positive reinforcement for hard work.

2. Like all other document review companies, they don't really care about reviewers

Former Employee - Document Reviewer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Document Reviewer in New York, NY

I worked at Clutch Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay was relatively good. For the most part no one was on top of you or watching your back.

Cons

Senior Management kept a really poor assistant manager on for a long time, making huge problems in workflow.
    Company expansion led to hiring reviewers as permanent employees which led to them slacking off.
    As time went on, managers really dropped the ball on properly communicating with offices in other cities regarding project needs and protocols, which led to an end of reviews in NY.
    Company seemed to not want to pay at the end of the year for earned sick time as required by new NY Law.
    Company is too concerned with cutting costs even though their profits seem to be huge.

Professional Law Service Company

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clutch Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for growth, wonderful culture, fun and fast-paced environment, able to work in banking, medical device, and other fast-developing areas of commerce. Wonderful benefits and excellent pay. I am very happy to be working for Clutch Group and consider myself blessed to have this wonderful opportunity come into my professional life.

Cons

I really can't say anything bad about this company, the people are fantastic, there is a work-life balance, and best of all I can apply my legal skills and not work for a law firm.

Amazing People Doing Amazing Things

Current Employee - Management in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Management in Washington, DC

I have been working at Clutch Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clutch Group is a catalyst for change in the legal and compliance market. We are a client-centric organization that has one goal, to help our clients reduce the noise and solve their most complex and data-driven challenges. Clutch Group is defined by an unparalleled group of creative, knowledgeable, and decisive professionals working across the most heavily regulated and highly litigious industries. On a daily basis, the management team is awe struck by the dedication, innovation and resourceful nature of the global team.

Cons

Our success has driven a culture of demand. This intensity and work culture can, unfortunately, infringe upon your personal life. However, we are actively working to fortify our support functions and to focus on work/life balance.

Advice to Management

We need to replicate the same passion we bring to client satisfaction to employee satisfaction.

The most exciting job I've ever had with the best people I have ever worked with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clutch Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a rapidly growing company in a dynamic industry. Innovation and creativity are part of the culture and the company is full of motivated, A+ talent. The days are full of interesting challenging work and the client base are leading companies in their respective industries. Fun place to work.

Cons

Start up mentality can sometimes interfere with more reasoned and measured approaches.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Clutch is a company that's changing the market, with a dynamic and never-boring working environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clutch Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are probably the people that I hand out with most, which is great. Everyone works hard, and everyone plays hard. You have a lot of freedom and flexibility to plot your own course and accomplish your goals-- and at the same time you have the opportunity to interact with the upper management at some of the largest companies in the world. Global travel is a definite plus. It's fun to be part of an innovative, growing company.

Cons

There is always work to do, so timetimes work-life balance is a challenge. Because Clutch is global with offices around the world, sometimes communication is an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate effectively and often with teams; increase transparency.

Unique and exciting place to work!

I have been working at Clutch Group

Pros

Clutch Group is a great company to work for. Each day is different and the opportunities to handle projects and travel are endless. The company is growing rapidly in the last few years. The leadership team has a great vision for the future of the company.

Cons

The only con to working with the company is the unpredictability. With the right attitude and approach this is not an obstacle.

Advice to Management

The management are very passionate about the work that we do. They value and appreciate the employees and take the time to help those that are new to the company! It's a big company feel in a small community.

A Creative & Innovative Company

I have been working at Clutch Group full-time

Pros

The people at Clutch can achieve the impossible. The work at Clutch is complex and interesting and is for very large clients. You get the opportunity to work with very senior executives at large banks. The pace of growth has been both an advantage and disadvantage, but it keeps things exciting! The people at Clutch are fun, intelligent and considerate. They are a diverse group and the company does support diversity. There are opportunities for growth from a compensation and title perspective. These opportunities are not spread over a long period of time, you can see substantial merit based growth within a few years. The senior management cares about the employees.

Cons

The company is a demanding (but rewarding) environment. The work is difficult and the hours can be very long. The pace of growth has made it difficult to scale individual employee and professional development plans but that appears to be a current focus. The CEO, Abhi Shah, plays no real role in the business and is distant.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!!! Invest in your people. They will drive your revenue, profit, culture, and success.

The best litigation services company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Clutch Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-The company "gets it" - smartest people around in the legal technology and process space
    -Extremely friendly culture - my coworkers are people I'd actually be friends with "in real life"
    -Work for some very interesting, high profile clients -- front page of Wall Street Journal type of cases
    -Explosive growth recently, it's exciting (and potentially HUGELY rewarding) to be involved

Cons

-Growing so rapidly that workload can be intense at times
    -Chaos and stress (though, I will say expectations are reasonable and adjusted)

Advice to Management

Communication across project teams needs to an ongoing priority, especially during these fast-paced times.

11. Tremendous Potential, Will continue to grow with right improvements

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Clutch Group full-time

Pros

Dynamic, fast-paced work environment. Everyone contributes from Day 1. Company is growing fast, providing great opportunity for growth. Good work is recognized and rewarded. Schedule can be demanding at times, but great flexibility in terms of when/where to work from, as long as you get the job done and meet deadlines. Lots of very ambitious, hard-working people; and my team in particular is great to work with.

Cons

Company is entirely focused on results and bottom-line at all costs. High turnover rate among associates and directors. As fast as its growing, the company will crumble quick if it doesn't do better to sustain and retain the most valuable of its employees. Must do better to provide for and encourage work/life balance. Lots of Type-A's leading to frequent office drama. Once they realize that happy employees lead to even greater productivity and higher margins, the possibilities are endless.

Advice to Management

Must do better to provide for and encourage work/life balance. Better Benefits. More Vacation Time.