Clyde Bergemann

Updated January 22, 2015
2.8

Clyde Bergemann President & CEO of Clyde Bergemann Power Group Franz Bartels
Franz Bartels

Came here after retiring from the Air Force and haven't even thought of leaving.

Current Employee - QC Department in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - QC Department in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Clyde Bergemann full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have seen several people (myself included) move upward within the company. The pay is comparable to similar positions with other companies. Time off (vacation time) grows by way of adding another week after 5 years, then again after 15 years, then again after the 20 year mark. Several holidays are paid days off, including Christmas through New Years Day. Management is receptive to, and encourages, new ideas for improvements. There is also the encouragement to receive set hour quantities for annual training.

Cons

When the company's busy time of year comes the work hours can become overloading for some people, up to 55 hours per week. This does come with overtime pay after 40 hours have been reached for that week. Not counted in the 40 hours are days off for holidays or vacation.

When hiring temps to beef up the work force during our busiest times, hire early enough to get them trained and up to speed BEFORE we get buried in work.

Good place to work

I have been working at Clyde Bergemann

Pros

Good place to work. Strong upper management

Cons

None. Sometime slow to react

Continue to lead by example

Review

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Clyde Bergemann

Pros

The time flexibility as well the the dress code.

Cons

Inequality in salaries as well as in growth opportunities.

Improve company culture and listen to employee feedback and promote change.

Ok company

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Clyde Bergemann

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility and there is not much interaction with the corporate office out of Atlanta to tell the office what to do.

Cons

People who have been working here for a long time don't share knowledge. At the same time the company doesn't have a good training program for new employees.

Listen to employees, specially the ones at the regional level who feel isolated.

Working at Clyde Bergemann has been both challenging and rewarding.

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Clyde Bergemann full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My co-workers are good to work with. I have lots of friends here, not just co-workers. The pay and benefits are good, and the work is interesting.

Cons

Normal challenges of a production environment. Short lead times, tight production schedules, and field issues.

None

Negative stars

Former Employee - Welder in Jesup, GA
    Former Employee - Welder in Jesup, GA

I worked at Clyde Bergemann full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay
    Uniforms provided
    Good benefits

Pros do not outweigh the cons. I would have loved to continue working with this company, but management in the company has no respect for hard working individuals.

Cons

Human resources is a joke- they do not take harassment complaints seriously.
    Unrealistic deadlines for production.
    Those that work hard are treated poorly, harassed, and ostracized while those that brown-nose are given free reign (shooting the breeze and such).

After my foreman was fired for intoxication, I was given all of his responsibilities. However, Clyde Bergmann refused to officially give me the title/pay of foreman or to hire someone else as foreman.

Provide real consequences for managers who mistreat employees.
    Encourage a work environment that does not make employees feel like they are disposable and insignificant. An employee's hard work should be recognized, not ridiculed.

Experience at Clyde Bergemann

Current Employee - Manager in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Clyde Bergemann full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are no known pros

Cons

Found to be very argumentative with clients. Typically files lawsuits against suppliers and customers. Experiencing many layoffs and firings for no real reason. Practices discrimination regularly.

None

Great work environment...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Clyde Bergemann full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clyde Bergemann offers competitive wages and an excellent work/life balance. The work environment is professional and fellow employees (including management) are always happy to assist. They provide all necessary tools/resources to enhance and keep employee morale uplifted. I appreciate that they do take their mission statements seriously and often ensure that we are utilizing them and treating each other with respect (both internally and externally with clients/customers). Training is a key component and is encouraged. Finally all levels of management are approachable and eager to listen to concerns and ideas about how to improve processes.

Cons

No monthly/regular meetings with other/supporting departments to collaborate on upcoming changes and/or processes and procedures.

While I haven't been employed with the company very long (this is my 2nd go around) I do see changes and efforts are being put forth and I for one appreciate it as it shows you are actively listening and being proactive with regards to employee's and the overall well being of the company.

Don't listen to any positive reviews that have been given 5 stars

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Clyde Bergemann full-time (more than an year)

Pros

dress code
    work hr
    competitive pay (but remember you will not be getting a raise/bonuses)

Cons

Upper management tells other managers to write good reviews on these web sites.
    You are welcome to give any feedback/opinion about the company, but once you leave the door your opinion is in the trash can.
    I'd say about 40% of new hires will leave the company within a yr.
    You have to be chosen one to be liked

None since you don't act after listening to other employees

#1 reason people stay with a company is the management...#1 reason they leave is the management

I worked at Clyde Bergemann full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work if you are one of the chosen few. These individuals are compensated well and advance within the company quickly and consistently. They are arbitrarily chosen to be members of a "young talent" program, which is actually based partially on age (management has no concern for age discrimination suits).

The majority of the coworkers are great people that provide an upside to the company, but the smart ones don't stay for long.

The CEO of the Atlanta (Boiler Efficiency) division is a nice guy, who is easily approachable and appears to listen to all thoughts/concerns, but as soon as you leave the room your thoughts are quickly bashed by the chosen few who have been advanced within the company.

The company is a great place to work if you are not concerned with your income and enjoy tedious tasks and beat downs from upper management. The company turns constant heavy profit, and will be sustainable for many years.

Company is lax on dress code, and flexible on working hours.

Cons

The company overspends by several hundred thousand dollars over budget on a long overdue building remodel, and has the gall to tell employees there may not be room for pay increases or bonuses. Building remodel was long overdue, but extremely poorly planned out. It was clearly designed by someone who has no clue how the company operates, and who needs to interact with whom (and that is with heavy CEO input).

Company seeks management positions to be filled from outside rather than recognizing current employees for their potential and for their work and promoting from within. These outside hires are unaware of what is in store for them, and do not last long (in the 7+ years I was there, I had 8 direct managers). The wet behind the ears hire made to run the execution group almost made an extremely intelligent decision to not accept the position based on the feedback given on this site, but he went against instinct and is struggling and aiding in the death of the department.

The #1 reason people leave a company is because of the management....and this is an extremely top heavy company.

The positive reviews that have been made for this company on this and other sites were directly the result of a mandate by the CEO for all managers to post positive reviews in attempts to quell the voices of the employees.

Extremely silo oriented company. If you attempt to push a coworker in another department so that you can meet your deadlines, their manager will blindly back them, and you will be branded as "does not play well with others".

Exceptional sales years are followed with <1% salary increases if any. Management has no interest in keeping up with cost of living for the average worker. If you seek out a raise, you are sent on a wild goose chase always ending with a statement that you will be reviewed in a few months, and when the time comes the conversation is always forgotten even when it is in writing.

Multiple coworkers have been institutionalized as a result of working for this company. Countless more have taken to regular doses of anti-anxiety medications. This is no way to live.

Walk the talk. You preach owning the end result and being for each other, but there is no true support for the workers in the company. Listen to the employees and not the sales reps. Stop viewing the employees as being easy to replace.
    Stop preaching the importance of job value quotient, and then spit in its face by putting the employees in laughably small glass boxes, while giving Directors palatial estates. Until you actually see employees happy and stop seeing the consistent turnover in departments, JVQ does not exist. Compensate accordingly.