Co-Operative Industries Aerospace

Reset
Sam Symonds

1. QA Tech

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Co-Operative Industries Aerospace (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great CEO. He treats all employees liked his own family members.

Cons

It's kinda sad when economic was down. And I was one of unlucky employee. But, I did understand the company down side.

Advice to Management

Continue on teams work.

2. Working at BAE Systems was the best career choice I made 27 years ago.

Former Employee - Senior Project Financial Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Financial Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Co-Operative Industries Aerospace full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits; strong D&I advocates; work flexibility.

Cons

Not much room for advancement.

3. Good place for students and recent grads

Current Employee - Purchasing Analyst in White Settlement, TX
    Current Employee - Purchasing Analyst in White Settlement, TX

I have been working at Co-Operative Industries Aerospace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work for students and recent high school or college grads

Cons

No job structure, No flexibility, the company plays favorites, not much promotional potential, pay is low

5. UNPROFESSIONAL AND NEPOTISM

Former Employee - Purchasing in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Co-Operative Industries Aerospace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In theory this place looks good on a resume. In reality the experience is NOT worth the short paragraph on your resume.

Cons

The company is wrought with nepotism, unprofessionalism and really poor management of resources. Prior to working for the company cut wages by 10% across the board. Management is out of touch with how to properly manage their employees. Employees are referred to as Lower Ranks and Higher Ranks by the CEO. Basically a new employee is given a day or two of training and then turned loose in an ERP System, PLEX, and expected to muddle their way through. Drawback to that is the company didn't turn on all of the PLEX modules so the information within the ERP is consistently invalid. Because of the rampant nepotism if you are encountering an issue with a co worker it is HIGHLY unlikely anyone will attempt to correct the issue because there is a high likelihood they are related. Fraternization is NOT frowned upon or discouraged which leads to Sr. Management or Higher Ranking personnel carrying on inappropriate relationships with Lower Ranking employees and promoting those employees into positions they do not have the training, background, experience or education for. This practice is the leading cause of poor management of resources. There are raises recommended but not given, the benefits are HORRIBLE, and there is zero appreciation shown to the employees.

Advice to Management

INVEST INVEST INVEST IN YOUR HUMAN ASSETS. DEVELOPE A TRAINING PROTOCOL,DISCOURAGE FRATERNIZATION AND ELIMINATE NEPOTISM.

Disability

Pros

50% of the staff if friendly

Cons

Two years ago this company agreed to a disability that i have in my right arm but after 3 yreas of employment ( and i had proven myself many times in that 3 years ) they let me go and also no more than a month after a good review, they said budget cut but i did find out it was because of my arm, they did keep the other employee who has only been there 6 months and plays words with friend 80% of the day..... Co Operative is not a good conpany in my book for long term employment

Advice to Management

Do better job when it comes to those who count on you to be there for them.

Great company but poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

They are growing and have a bright future. The President/CEO is a great guy and cares about the company and the employees, and it shows. They have employee appreciation lunches and incentives often . They work very hard to produce quality product to the customers. Overall this is a great company to work for.

Cons

You are treated differently depending on your manager. They have procedures in place but they are not followed the same amongst the managers. If you work in sales it is clear that you can come in late, leave early and miss all time you want with no consequences. The manager allows you to bring your kids to work and joins in on the gossip and lies. Other areas, your are reprimanded and written up. It is obvious where the favoritism lies withing the company. This is unfortunate and upsetting to many and ultimately brings down the moral.

Advice to Management

Insure that managers are treating employees the same and follow procedures that are set in place. Open your eyes and see what the rest of the company can see and fix the broken buddy system and gossip in sales. This would raise moral and productivity and make the company that much better of a place to work.

Good and Bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Look great on resume, and you are able to get experience working with other aerospace companies.

Cons

No room for growth. Bad pay.

Advice to Management

Do not micro-manage.

9. Love it here!

Pros

I feel as though Co-Operative Industries is one of the few companies out there today that still values it's employees and works hard to build an inviting place to work. I came from working at two different Fortune 500 companies where I was sick of working 12-hour days just to be treated like a number. Here at Co-Operative I work 40 hours a week and enjoy coming to work. The President treats all the employees fairly and has such a welcoming demeanor that makes him easy to talk to and communicate with. What I value most about this company is the small company atmosphere and warm and inviting culture. The company has had growing pains but it has also doubled in size in the last five years. Even with the new growth the company has continued to stay true to what made it great in the first place. Each month the company buys a huge cake to celebrate each employee's birthday. Each quarter the company pays for lunch to be catered in and lets us take an extended lunch. Each year the company has had an employee appreciation day and gives all of us a two-hour catered lunch. The President also holds a meeting each month with the entire company to discuss company business. I enjoy being a part of what is going on with the company rather than just the top management knowing the day-to-day business. But at the end of the day I feel like I am paid well, that management listens to me, and that I am a valued employee.

Cons

There were some problems with the management staff but because of complaints from all of us the manager in question was fired. Everything is much better now.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and take action when there is a problem. Otherwise there are no other complaints.

HORRIBLE!

Pros

The company is growing and the president is a great guy. Easy to get another job after working for them.

Cons

Management can be described with one word: HORRIBLE! One of the VP mean mugs everyone in the company, and the engineering manager yells at her engineers constantly.

Advice to Management

Get rid of these two managers if you want to get things done right the first time. There is a reason why engineers keep quiting. Think about it.

RSS Feed </> Embed