CoStar Group

CoStar Group Reviews in White Marsh, MD

CoStar Group President, CEO, and Director Andrew C. Florance

Andrew C. Florance

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Only as an extreme last resort. You'll hate everyday

Research Analyst (Former Employee)
White Marsh, MD

I worked at CoStar Group full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay, Decent benefits, it's a job

ConsRead all the reviews. Heavy review of every action you take. Calling brokers and asking for every detail of every deal they make. If they don't answer keep calling and calling until something happens. You have to pretend you only work 40 hours per week, but in reality you're working 50+ and getting paid for 40.

If you want to wake up everyday thinking your life sucks, this is the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit

Very Disappointed and Unappreciated

I have been working at CoStar Group

ProsSalary is decent. They provide expense paid market visits. Decent benefits plan. New facility in DC has top technology and perks.

ConsCannot expect career growth unless you plan to move to DC. No job security. Salary increases/merit increases frozen almost two years. Cut our company match on 401k down to 50%. Management for the most part is incompetent and lacks people skills. Employees are not treated with respect. The metrics do not capture ones abilities or worth in the company but are the only things looked at to measure an employee's importance.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue those that work hard. Dont expect miracles with the metrics. The goals that are set forth are always unattainable. People lack motivation due to feeling disrespected and unappreciated.

Work here only to avoid unemployment

Research Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at CoStar Group

ProsThe only reason to work at CoStar is the pay and the benefits. Compared to other employers they are, on average, higher.

ConsPlan on selling your soul. I was asked to many things that would be deemed unethical by two layers of management. Senior management will change pay scale and bonus scheldule on a whim. At an office I worked at yearly turnover was over 75%. A few people quite every week, including managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training on how to treat people. Respect is key in keeping employees motivated. Also, just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should. Finally, treat you customers better.

I ESCAPED COSTAR AND SO SHOULD YOU!!!

Research Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at CoStar Group

ProsPay is fair, location was good. However my advise to you is RUN as fast as you can. You will find that the minute you walk in the door there is no such thing as job security or even job discription. No matter how bad you need a job right now, you are better off working at McDonalds fipping burgers. Trust me!!!!

ConsChange, change and oh did I say change. They change their minds, rules and metrics faster and more often than I change my underware. Be prepared to get dizzy and never measure up. BTW dont bring anything personal from home to put on your desk, most people get discharged without warning and your stuff gets left on your desk. Management will tell you that your friends got fired for performance, but you can see the public metrics for yourself, and your friend was doing better than center standards. No rhyme or reason for the disposable empolyee mentality. STRESS STRESS and more STRESS to meet goals and oh btw, even if you are doing better than your manager asked you to, if someone else does better than you, you end up on the bottom of the metrics and therefore you dont get a bonus and can get fired. Where else can you meet and even exceed the company goals and still get fired because others did better?

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to school. You need some serious training in managment. For real, a good idea to create a company does not a good CEO make. Get some training.

Not bad for a TEMPORARY job

Research Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at CoStar Group

ProsThe pay and benefits were decent - and most of the people are great. Plus the job turns everyone into an alcoholic so I now have many great drinking and bar buddies. The location was great for me and I even liked my managers at White Marsh. While people quitting all the time and the firings are scary, the "CoStar Drama" is top notch. Who doesn't like a little bit of work gossip?

ConsCompany Moral. Job Security. People being fired seemingly with no reason. The metrics! 40 phone calls a day to people who do NOT want to talk to us... no thanks.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of your butt

Worked for CoStar Group? Contribute to the Community!

CoStar Group Videos

CoStar Group – Why Work for Us?

We’re CoStar Group. For 25 years we’ve made it a priority to help our employees achieve their best. From accounting and research, to marketing and product development, we know our success is reflected in in the success… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CoStar Group reviews and ratings in White Marsh, MD — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CoStar Group CEO Andrew C. Florance. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by CoStar Group employees.