CoWorx Staffing

Michael R. Epstein

Mail Handler

Former Employee - Team Lead
    Former Employee - Team Lead

I worked at CoWorx Staffing part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros about working there would be, it was a good start to get your foot in the door if interested in working at the Post Office.

Cons

The cons of working there was the drive and the only available hours they had open to work.

Don't work here. They lie from day 1

Former Employee - AT&T Web Assistant Representative  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - AT&T Web Assistant Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at CoWorx Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay. That's about it.

Cons

They told us we were there full time. Then after we started they told us we were only there for the Apple Event for AT&T. They told us we would work 10-7 Mon. - Friday when hired then said we could be working 5am-8pm even on Saturdays and Sundays. I quit a job to come here.

Be honest.

not good at all poor

I have been working at CoWorx Staffing for less than a year

Pros

Its A pay check if you need it

Cons

the company is extremely unorganized

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unrealistic expectations for insufficient technical support and training

Former Employee - Call Center Agent  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Tucson, AZ

I worked at CoWorx Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reasons for working there was the pay and the friends I got to work with and associate with every day.

Cons

When I was first hired, I knew it was temporary and I was almost laid off, but I was "transferred" to another "department" within CoWorx and I got more hours and felt it was better than being let go like so many others were due to lower volume than expected in our department. Each time I went through training, it was one week's worth and then there was the "nesting" where we were basically thrown out onto the sales floor and expected to know what to do. Team leads were not always plentiful nor were they always quick to respond, and being micromanaged down to the minutes you took for breaks and lunches was just ridiculous. We had to pretend to be employees of AT&T to the customers whose inbound calls we answered, and mistakes were rarely tolerated and job termination was a constant theme if we screwed up. We were expected to do a whole lot with very little, and if we couldn't meet or exceed expectations, it was our fault, even if it was over something we had not been sufficiently trained for. Also, they would promise schedules and then change their minds or deny that the promise was ever made. The way management treated us call center agents, you'd think we were untrustworthy and unable to think for ourselves. Take my advice: do not work for this company. They only worry about results and numbers, and their silly incentives were not worth it at all.

Upper management should not act so uppity that they forget that they were once a lowly call center agent themselves and that we don't need to be talked down to and treated like second-class employees. Deliver on what you promise, and stop micromanaging employees into a stupor.

I wouldn't recommend CoWorx as a good employment agency

I worked at CoWorx Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I got the temp job pretty quick... that was about the only "pro"

Cons

I got a job at a company through CoWorx that seemed great - pay was decent, job was interesting. Went through 2 weeks of training before actually starting. I was told at the time I was hired through this agency that it would be a long-term position. After 3 months, my assignment was terminated because apparently the volume of work was low and they didn't want to continue funding some people for the assignment. No notice given whatsoever. I was asked to bring my badge and security key and was told that once I brought them back I would receive my personal belongings from my desk. When I went to return the badge & key, my belongings hadn't been collected yet... the very next day I got an e-mail saying I could come get my stuff. Why am I gonna drive all the way back to this office when I was just there the day before?

One of the managers at CoWorx was really nice and helpful, but that was about it. The people at the company I worked for (Cartus) were pretty unhelpful and always seemed to talk down to us. Never made us feel like we were doing a good job and basically just looked at us "temps" - definitely weren't shy about the fact that we wouldn't be there long. After my assignment was abruptly ended I got zero help from CoWorx. I e-mailed one of the recruiters who basically told me there were no jobs for me. I went to another agency and got a full-time position within one day. I recommend looking elsewhere.

Don't hire employees promising long-term positions then cut them off after only 3 months. Be honest about the length of the assignment at the start - if I had known this would only be a few months I would have considered taking other opportunities.

Ok Staffing

Former Employee - Office Assistant  in  Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in Warren, NJ

I worked at CoWorx Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quick Work,Nice pay ,Good Companies

Cons

Overturn Rate in the office,Lying about pay

Slow but Beneficial Process

Current Employee - Onsite Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Onsite Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at CoWorx Staffing full-time

Pros

This company is growing at the moment.

Cons

The Cons have yet to be determined as this is a new role for me.

HORRIBLE

I worked at CoWorx Staffing

Pros

There is not one thing that I can say good about this company, Absolutely horrible.

Cons

I was working for CoWorx Staffing about a month ago, when my assignment ended. The individuals from the Waterbury CT office went to collect my belongings from the company. I had asked that when they did this if they could contact me so that I could meet them as their location is over 45 minutes away and I am not suppose to drive due to a torn ACL. Now I have returned to work (still unable to drive) and am unable to get to their location to collect my personal belongings. I asked if the company could ship my belongings to me as they went to pick them up it is now their responsibility to get them back to me. I was told no. So this company collected my personal stuff without out my permission and now will not return it. What kind of crazy crooked business are you guys running? You pay your employees minimum wage then steal from them. Take my word of advice anyone reading this do not work for this company they will blind side you then steal from you. Great company to work for NOT!!! Look else were for more reputable staffing agencies.

Fire all of Waterbury and try again.

Diligent in getting me a contract position

I worked at CoWorx Staffing as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They were quite friendly and helpful in getting me set up within their system. Found me a contract position right away.

Cons

Staffing changed/moved on or whatever. When my contract position ended and there was nothing immediate in offerings, I needed to apply for unemployment - they were not clear as to the requirements for checking in so government unemployment requirements would be met. Had to elevate my concern to a government supervisor to get my unemployment check.

Have clear stated policies that ALL employees at CoWorx are aware of. Don't just parrot - "Well, didn't you read the fine print in our catalog?" My contract position went from an original 3-week assignment to 2 years. Do you really think I would remember that. Just reminding me would have saved us both time and hassle

Horrible in the Kennesaw, GA area

Former Employee - Imaging Clerk  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Imaging Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CoWorx Staffing as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

friendly atmosphere, pay is okay

Cons

Not organized, doesn't keep in touch with their employees, constantly got a voice mail and no reply

Worked for CoWorx Staffing? Contribute to the Community!