Coach

Coach Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Coach CEO Victor Luis

Victor Luis

Pros
  • There is a GREAT DISCOUNT and many perks within the company(in 33 reviews)

• There is also a decent employee discount available to employees whether seasonal or otherwise(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work / life balance and now the new leadership does not talk about that any more(in 25 reviews)

• Dress code changes and your responsible for your own attire per their standards w/ no reimbursement(in 25 reviews)

Good company that takes care of employees

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Alpine, CA

ProsI worked for a factory store and the management really lets you be your own person, try new things and help you grow within your position. Also bonus for increases in selling and things like that, and for working certain hours a year.

ConsThe way the set up the opportunity to get sick time, I was working enough hours to be eligible to start getting some sick time hours but I couldn't because I wasnt formally put into the level of PT1.
    They also control every aspect about you, hair color, nail color, accessories, footwear etc..

One of the best companies to grow with.

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDepending on volume size, great work life balance & 60-75% off deletes. Lots of incentives like teamshare, SOPS, etc.

ConsDress code can be expensive. Company is strict on "looking the part". And Black Friday times keep getting earlier.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more within and provide more discounts on jewelry, shoes, & mens belts to make "looking the part" more affordable.

Very strict and not a lot of hours. Clam to be fashion forward but the dress code makes us look like little kids.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsA lot of prestige working for Coach. Good for starting out in luxury goods.

ConsRude and unprofessional managers and employees. Everyone talks about each other behind their backs. Super strict about attendance, dress code, nail polish/hair color, lockers. Push too much on sales and a very disorganized company with an extremely high turnover of employees and managers. Hours depend on what level of part time you are and there is a lot of sale stealing

Advice to Senior ManagementHire professional managers and employees. Distribute hours equally. Only 1 or 2 sick days a year is ridiculous and get rid of the November-January blackout days for requesting off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work place, communication not the best.

Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGreat starting pay for a retail starting job, and better with experience. Definite chances to move up in the company. All benefits offered are great, and at a great price taken out of your weekly paycheck (which I think is very convenient). Most people are absolutely great to work with and professional.

ConsHours are being cut, still technically at full time hours, but the bare minimum. Then many new employees are being hired, which is counterproductive. Management has many miscommunications with various issues, and they also tend to play favorites in my particular store. Customers are sometimes extremely mean when not given exactly what they want (even when policy states you cannot do that specific thing, and regardless how nice you were about informing the customer of it).

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to communicate in a effective and structured manner. The company should not tell stores to hire new seasonal, part time, or full time employees, if they cannot give their regular employees a full schedule that they need and want. Corporate should also implement a cut off point in which a customer is being too unreasonable. I love making my customers happy and giving them great service, but when they make an employee cry because they were so verbally mean to them, something needs to be done. That customer should be asked to leave if the employee was doing their job assigned correctly. That has happened a few times in my store, and the customer ultimately got exactly what they wanted via management, even though policy said "No we cannot do that.", and the employee was correct in their choice of words, and choice made.

Great Company

ProsGood Pay, good staff, good benefits

Consmall hours, too much change at once

Great product, disorganized company.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat product, deep discounts, better work life balance than most retailers.

ConsThere is little to no training tools provided when on-boarding. The company isn't performing, therefor, there isn't opportunity for growth. The technology in the POS system and back office is poor and outdated. The company keeps trying to re-brand itself, but can't seem to decide on which direction to take.

Coach Management Position

ProsCompany invests in associates. There is definitely room for growth.

ConsOnly con is that the work-life balance tends to depend on the division you work for and your relationship with your boss.

Retail Hours and far away

Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) Elizabeth, NJ

ProsIncredibly friendly coworkers, young sales team including the managers and everyone was very down to earth

Consit's retail so you're working odd hours, short hours at times, etc

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing on call should be illegal.

Only as good as your leader

ProsThe benefits are very good. There are also lots of performance incentives.

ConsIt's so hard to get rid of under-performing employees and managers. A lot of promotions seem to depend o who you know. There used to be a job posting list for the entire country; now, you have no idea what positions are available unless someone tells you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild accountability for performance, not just Time & Attendance.

Good, solid company to work for.

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsDiscounts on merchandise, access to the newest merchandise, respectful managers and employees, clean environment, prestigious retail position, bonuses offered monthly and yearly. If you sell a certain amount within one fiscal year you are given a big bonus check.

ConsCan get stressful at times during busy days or holidays. Pay isn't as much as it should be considering the expectations from management. No commission. Difficult quotas to meet. A lot of rules to learn and follow. For a retail position, with the pay that is given, sometimes did not seem worth the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is not much opportunity to move up within the company, sometimes I felt like a little kid with all of the rules, some managers were condescending at times.

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!