Coach

www.coach.com

Coach Reviews

Pros
  • There is a GREAT DISCOUNT and many perks within the company(in 33 reviews)

• There is also a decent employee discount available to employees whether seasonal or otherwise(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work / life balance and now the new leadership does not talk about that any more(in 25 reviews)

• Dress code is strict and you are not reimbursed for the clothes you are required to purchase(in 26 reviews)

Paid the Bills.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsDecent pay for retail. Time off and sick time is reasonable

ConsManagement keeps everything a secret, we didn't even know what the next sale was going to be. They promoted people based on favoritism not performance and knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair and keep the work environment upbeat and fun

Overworked/ Underpaid

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent discount on handbags for friends and family

ConsAbsolutely no work/life balance. low salaries with above reasonable expectations.

Amazing place to work

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsAwesome discount, knowledgeable management and very nice

ConsDealing with customers can be a hassel because Coach always thinks the customer is right

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's okay

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsIt is a good place to get sales experience in a fashion retail setting. Employee discount is 50% off merchandise.

ConsAll sales associates are paid on an hourly basis with no opportunities to make commissions on any sales. Average pay is only 10 to 11 dollars an hour. Also, the benefits are not very generous.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get a commission pay structure in place for sales associates. Offer more full time positions for sales associates.

Greatest company I've worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsCoach has great pay and tons of upside potential.

ConsRetail is a tough industry.

Satisfied

Sales Support (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGreat Product, Generous Discount, Wonderful coworkers

ConsWork/Life Balance, Strong performance expectations can create stress even for part-time

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide lots of feedback.

Coach provided a great environment for learning and career development

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsConstantly learning. Ever changing work environment. Great product. Opportunity to be surrounded by extremely smart individuals to learn from and be mentored by.

ConsThe only downside I find with working at Coach is the lack of work - life balance. There are long hours and I find myself working even when I leave the office.

The worst company I have ever worked for!!! Run......

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsEmployee discount (50% discount on handbags and small leather goods, 40% on everything else).

ConsIt is a productivity based company (Which they did not tell me when offered a full-time position) so whatever position you have, except for management, if you do not meet your numbers your hours will be cut from a maximum of 35 per week to about 7-13 hours a week. Managers see employees as numbers, they do not see them as real people. All coach cares about is numbers, numbers and numbers, nothing else. Very stressful environment to work, managers will be breathing on your neck if your sales are down! You also get a write up for using your sick hours, even if you provide legal documentation that shows you were sick.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the store manager I will suggest her to take some classes to teach her how to talk to employees because she NEVER talks to employees, she always sends lower management people to talk to the employees when it should be her job too. Continous and extreme pressure as well as harassment does not work equally on everybody, so "do not assume that tactic will motivate eveybody equally to sell". Overall, if you have other options beside coach, I suggest you run from this company!

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!