Coach

Coach Reviews in New York, NY

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Coach CEO Victor Luis

Victor Luis

Pros
  • There is a GREAT DISCOUNT and many perks within the company(in 33 reviews)

• There is also a decent employee discount available to employees whether seasonal or otherwise(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work / life balance and now the new leadership does not talk about that any more(in 25 reviews)

• Dress code is strict and you are not reimbursed for the clothes you are required to purchase(in 26 reviews)

70 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Director

Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsTalented team and aggressive company culture. Generous package. Opportunities was huge during high growth period. Summer hours.

ConsLack of work / life balance and now the new leadership does not talk about that any more.

Very positive experience as a Summer Intern.

Product Development (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe work environment is very casual and they give a lot of freedom to their interns. Interns interact with people of all different departments, so it provided an in depth understanding of the fashion industry.

ConsThe office was difficult to get to and the area was not very nice.

Coorporate

Product Development (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of good people to work with, friendly professional environment. Constantly learning and career development is encouraged.

ConsRoles and responsibilities are constantly changing so the job you hire into might change into something different. Regular restructuring of teams.
    High demands on employees in some departments and others much less, inconsistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract with those who will do the work when making changes rather than just other upper management. Make decisions that have longevity.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Coach Internship

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCoporate like. Very organized and employees are nice. So many things to learn! and my manager was very nice and gave me legitimate research work to do throughout the summer.

ConsLiving in NYC is expensive. With the minimum intern wage, I can barely afford living in the city. Also, HR/talent department are so busy they never replied back to any of my emails. I had to force myself to call them every day until they pick up.

Overworked, underpaid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you like a very corporate setting Coach is a great environment. They also offer incredible benefits such as classes, great discounts, team building and health coverage. I met wonderful people there as well. It was the people I worked with that made it bearable but the workload was overwhelming and we weren't compensated accordingly.

ConsYou will work long hours for little money. Takes forever to move up/get promoted. Very political and the company is currently undergoing a lot of changes. Improvements could be made if they increased head count in the right departments. They lead you to believe that you will be promoted to motivate you and then don't follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesn't reward people enough.

Great Internship Experience

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prospaid internship, friendly environment, good leadership, lots of relevant projects, opportunities to learn, discount on product

Consbest suited for people who thrive in fast-paced environments

Crash course in corporate culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSense of pride working for such a respected company with strong heritage

ConsOverdue for promotion, not enough male employees, no involvement from HR, unnecessary drama, not progressive with benefits, monotony, lack of upward mobility/resources designated to all teams

Advice to Senior ManagementSr Management needs to check in with reports two to three levels below to make sure Manager is not sabotaging report for promotion.

Great company at turning point.

Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFinancially, it is a great company to work for and I admired their mission statement. If you are working with people who love those mission statement all the time, it might be a dream company for you.

ConsNo structure for long term career growth. Although they have a very lengthy/detailed review/touch base processes, I felt managements were just filling out blank spaces. Too many short term goals which did not connect with their long term goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe this might be happening to all large corporations, however there are huge inequality in so many things between upper/middle managements and every day persons. Integrity were often compromised especially in new leadership team.

Great Experience.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsChallenging, competent management staff, great leadership development platform. Growth potential, great salaries.

ConsOverworked- all are expected to work long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe HR tides need to change. The relationship between Sr Management and HR is too strong, the allegiance is too often with tenured relationships with the Sr Mgr the HR generalist rather than with the employee or overall for the company.

Great but struggling company

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat coworkers ad collaborative environment
    Company with a global presence and legacy history
    Nice products and new ready to wear collection

ConsLot of pressure from competitors. Talented people are leaving. The work environment has drastically changed in worse after the poor Wall Street performances. Leaders are also changing but the Senior managers are not. Too many VPs are turning the company into a big tank not capable of reacting fast to the challenges from smaller companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not panic. Despite the calm shown by Executives in front of the press and the stakeholders, the employees perception is totally different with people quitting everyday and some lays off. Work on that from the inside.

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!