Coach Reviews

586 reviews filtered by
3.6
Coach CEO Victor Luis
Victor Luis

Pros
  • Great discount, worked with great people, great bonuses at the end of the year (in 36 reviews)

• Depending on volume size, great work life balance & 60-75% off deletes (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work / life balance and now the new leadership does not talk about that any more (in 30 reviews)

• Dress code is a bit strict, but hey its a boutique so you need to look nice (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

This is a great company to work for, if you work hard you will be able to move up with the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Coach full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good, nice discounts, great management, and the team is like a big family. Coach is becoming a lifestyle brand, and can't wait to see where it goes.

Cons

Coach should update their POS systems.

2. Easy job, good retail/customer service experience. Talk to customers, suggest items, ring them up and send them off.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blowing Rock, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Blowing Rock, NC

I worked at Coach part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you have good management team, you will enjoy this job. The managers I had were laid-back and practical.
    It's an easy job that requires basic social skills. The store runs itself more or less, so just talk to customers and suggest items. Good retail/customer service experience for a college student.

Cons

Corporate seems to be struggling to stay relevant against other handbag retailers. They push company wide policies for "email capture" and "add-on sales." These policies have little to no effect on customers. Although I got along with the managers, I witnessed some workplace gossip/drama between coworkers (kind of funny to be honest.) The job itself can get kind of boring as you'll be doing the same thing every day - you'll find yourself talking to customers out of boredom. You will eventually lose steam and motivation due to sheer boredom and the static job responsibilities. Just do your job (it's super easy) and get along with others and you'll enjoy it.

I don't think the "email capture" rate, or add-on techniques, or team selling, or any of the sale techniques really work and are more or less common sense. Managers can't affect these changes, but I think the company should quit focusing on promo-sales and email capture rates, and focus more on investing in the quality of product.

3. Good company

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Good people - good work life balance

Cons

Politics can interfere with team dynamic. Leadership should pay more attention to the people who are working hard and actually know what they are talking about.

Work hard to keep your best talent. Too many smart hardworking people have left the company within the past year.

5. Great Intro to Luxury retail

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Fun work environment! Great way to network

Cons

low compensation and no commission on sales

6. Really great company for the most part.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Coach part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People were great! Store was small so easy to know where things were. Employee discount was fantastic! Bonuses if store achieved goals and individuals received bonuses too sometimes.

Cons

On call hours, not getting hours, low pay

The CEO has changed and coach seems to have gone down hill. Go back to the roots of what makes Coach so iconc.

7. Working at the Concept Store in NYC I have become a believer of the progress the brand has under it's new leadership.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Coach

Pros

If you really pay attention/are really interested, the weekly corporate visits will teach you a lot about the business of fashion if you want to move up in the industry.

Cons

There's a disconnect between retail to corporate jobs and advancing in the company outside of retail level management.

8. Okay for part time job

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I worked at Coach part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Able to work around school schedule

Cons

Work/life balance is basically does not exist. Store manager felt like your life revolved around the store. The store manager did not adhere to the policies for all employees.

District managers need to visit stores more often because they would get an eye full. A lot of the times when we knew we would see the district manager soon, that is when the policies were adhered to, and the store was looking its best.

9. It it a company that is unparalleled in fashion

Former Employee - Facilities Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Facilities Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Coach

Pros

Well besides the obvious discount on the various bags and other items I feel the atmosphere is simply amazing and the people were friendly and warm and very helpful

Cons

Way too goal oriented and towards the end of my time there they treated me like number instead of a person

Stop promoting individuals who don't actually know how to run a department much less staff

10. fun

I have been working at Coach

Pros

location of the retail store

Cons

payroll was tight for proper coverage

11. Great to not so great

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Great Product and company history

Cons

Not so great culture and work/life balance