Coach Reviews

Updated October 31, 2014
3.5

Coach CEO Victor Luis
Victor Luis

Pros
  • There is a GREAT DISCOUNT and many perks within the company (in 34 reviews)

• There is also a decent employee discount available to employees whether seasonal or otherwise (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work / life balance and now the new leadership does not talk about that any more (in 28 reviews)

• Dress code is a bit strict, but hey its a boutique so you need to look nice (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

This is a great company to work for, if you work hard you will be able to move up with the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Coach full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are good, nice discounts, great management, and the team is like a big family. Coach is becoming a lifestyle brand, and can't wait to see where it goes.

Cons

Coach should update their POS systems.

It was overall a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Coach part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company takes care of you real well. Good benefits for full timers. Everything it organized.

Cons

Getting a promotion is hard to get to. Hard to get time off too, even as a part time employee.

Good training, good pay, good people

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Coach part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of opportunity for growth if you want it. A lot of corporate interaction.

Cons

If you want to move up, you may have to move around. They are really heavy on sales, even as a cashier. The amount they want to help/train you is how your management is and your relationship with them. I have worked at a couple of the stores and have friends at a few others so it varies a little at each store.

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Coach full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training and answers to everything if you look at what they provide enough. Nothing less than excellent customer service and great benefits. Happy to promote you when the timing is right.

Cons

Scheduling at times, yearly pay increases could have been a tiny bit more generous. I often described working for this company as being in a sorority, which is something I never intended on. Felt a little cliquey at times. Could have been my location.

I appreciated the honesty from upper management in the district. She was pretty open with us and I felt comfortable talking to her.

Depends on your store and district manager.

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Have went through 4 district managers and 3 store managers... whole outlook on company depends on how they operate.

Cons

District managers have no clue what goes on in stores. Only talk to store mangers. Reviews of sm should have input from the staff they manage!

Good Company, Great discount

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Coach full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people, all the employees were nice to work with and would hang out after work. The manager and assistant manager were nice and helpful.
    They would do these "talks" were they would read a sale scenario and you had to tell them what you would say to the customer to get them to buy more product. They were a little cheesy, but not bad.
    You got 50% off discount off of the outlet price and 40% off the retail price.
    They give you daily sales goals that aren't to out of reach.

Cons

The holiday hours suck.

send new music more often. Listening to the same 12 songs all day everyday for a month straight will drive you crazy.

Best place in retail!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Calexico, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Calexico, CA

I have been working at Coach part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management team is always open to suggestions, they take care of you and listen to your needs. Always helping you improve. Flexible schedules! A lot of room to grow in the company

Cons

Goals sometimes might look unreachable, and no bonus will be made for the month. Too many on-call shifts.

Rotate the schedules! All people should work once in a while, i get it if maybe there are no hours to give but cut some full time and make space for part time. Its fair and everyone wins.

Love this company!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Coach part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone from the assistant manager to district manager has been extremely positive and professional. Part timers even qualify for profit sharing and stock purchase plans etc..

Cons

Dressing "coach" is very expensive and typically uncomfortable.

Our discount is awesome and can be shared with friends and family.
    Company is all about team selling which is extremely positive and NOT pushy.
    LOVE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Corporate has a horrible marketing strategy and always forces the employees to do more than what was fair in relation to pay.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Aurora, IL

I worked at Coach full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great discount, worked with great people, great bonuses at the end of the year

Cons

Impossible to grow or advance unless you are available to relocate

Really encourage and support the associates and hold realistic expectations in relation to their lack if compensation.

fun to work for but only suitable for short period of time

I worked at Coach

Pros

chill jobs but at times can get hectic, love meeting customers from all over the world. Benefit is great!

Cons

Depending on who your managers are, you might not get trained properly. not a lot of learning and development. Growth is limited

Coach Photos