Coach

Coach Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Coach CEO Victor Luis

Victor Luis

Pros:
  • "There is also a decent employee discount available to employees whether seasonal or otherwise"
    in 31 reviews
  • "There is a GREAT DISCOUNT and many perks within the company"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "Difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance"
    in 24 reviews
  • "The current navy dress code is horrible and makes everyone look frumpy and unprofessional"
    in 23 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great experience!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone on the team has the opportunity to get a monthly bonus. The training tools are unlimited. Management trains you constantly and helps you overcome your opportunities and acknowledges your successes.

ConsDress code changes and your responsible for your own attire per their standards w/ no reimbursement. Can be frustrating.

Love the culture!

Denver, CO

ProsMy experience at Coach has been phenomenal. For a retail company (which are some of the worst to work for), I have gained so much experience and being pushed out of my comfort zone on the daily was very beneficial to my professional skills. As a male selling high-end fashion items to predominantly female customers, it was not easy by any means, however I felt more rewarded when I had more satisfied customers. They really ensure that you are growing within your position. They also are very good about rewarding you for your efforts with store credits, and a shared commission if your team makes its monthly goals. There was not a day that I didn't feel comfortable in the Coach environment.

ConsLeadership turnover seemed to be a problem, but it's that way in any retail environment. Also, for the efficiency they expect with their hourly employees in terms of merchandising and operations, they need to streamline their efforts and practices as any corporate direction and communication seemed to be very convoluted and confusing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! I know that Coach is heading in the right fashion-forward direction, and that they know how to get their employees excited to stand behind their product. However, with that said, I think that there are some store operations pitfalls that could be greatly enhanced to lower their overhead. Take a page out of some of the lower-end retailer's books! They know how to merchandise large quantities of product in a smaller amount of time, as well as communicate effectively with their stores.

Leadership

Woodburn, OR

ProsVery strong Leadership among management. Job training is top quality.

ConsCustomers can be difficult at times

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good retail company to work for

Stock (Former Employee)
    Tinton Falls, NJ

ProsOverall, it is a great company. They give bonuses to all employees (based on hours worked) if monthly profit goals are met, flexible scheduling, great discount, diverse staff. There is a fair turnover rate for employees, especially part-time, but staff and managers are wonderful. They welcome and accept new people and you quickly become part of the "family".

ConsRetail hours aren't the best no matter what company you work for. Late nights doing floor sets and closing down store. Next weeks schedule is not out until Monday but you must request off a month ahead of time. Dress code is strict and you are not reimbursed for the clothes you are required to purchase.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers micromanage employees that know what they are doing and pay no attention to other employees who are unsure or not doing their jobs correctly. Also, some managers have different views on certain aspects of the business which can be confusing to employees.

Great part time company

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsGreat benefits- vacation time, sick time, yearly bonus

Consmanagement shows favoritism, low pay, low advancements

Love Coach

ProsGreat work life balance. Good on the job customer service training and sales leadership training.

ConsNeed a second income to make ends meet.

Camaraderie at its best

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsI worked at one of their stores as a seasonal Christmas sales two years in a row. The store manager was amazing, very caring, and made us seasonals feel just as treasured and appreciated as the year-round staff. Discount is amazing -- 50% off everything, and 65% off the "deletes" -- the merchandise that is not being carried forward. Also, loved that goals are "teamshare," you have individual goals, but the bonus structure is for the team achieving individual goals.

ConsIt can get a little competitive or awkward on the selling floor with other sales associates. Even though you're not on commission, it's still competitive, and some of the regular sales staff seemed to want to monopolize customers to their benefit at a detriment to overall customer service.

True Team Spirit

ProsEveryone works together as a team to attain or exceed sales goals, to help problem solve and management is very supportive and is able to motivate without ruling with an iron fist or micromanaging. Upper management is also wonderful. The discounts are amazing.

ConsThe pay is on the lower end of the spectrum but, I always look forward to coming to work so that is ok. No opportunity to advance in company or even get a full time position with benefits. They seem to hire a lot of part-time people versus a few full-time people and I guess from a business stand point I can understand that would be less expensive for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe keep the socializing and gift giving between managers outside of work. It makes the employees feel less than when their birthdays come and go without any acknowledgement at all

Coach takes great care of its employees

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent culture and plenty of room for growth. Great product, great team, and passionate individuals who are committed to the Coach experience. Everyone is fresh, vibrant, and eager to work hard.

ConsDifficulty in maintaining a work-life balance. Long hours mean taking time away from personal interests and taking work home with you. Taking a sick day means that your absence will be sorely felt.

Incredible experience

ProsGreat people and very collaborative environment.

ConsThere are office politics that can sometimes be frustrating

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coach reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coach CEO Victor Luis. All 443 reviews posted anonymously by Coach employees.