Coach Reviews

Reset
3.6
Coach CEO Victor Luis
Victor Luis

Pros
  • There is a GREAT DISCOUNT and many perks within the company (in 36 reviews)

• Depending on volume size, great work life balance & 60-75% off deletes (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not always a priority (in 30 reviews)

• dress code change is way to frequent (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

This is a great company to work for, if you work hard you will be able to move up with the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Coach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good, nice discounts, great management, and the team is like a big family. Coach is becoming a lifestyle brand, and can't wait to see where it goes.

Cons

Coach should update their POS systems.

2. Absoulte Nightmare

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Coach

Pros

Good brand, stable, locted in NYC

Cons

people are terrible, mgnt sucks

Advice to Management

get a life

3. Stressful Job for just Part time

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Coach

Pros

Good pay, Good discount, first to see what's new and what's coming up

Cons

Very stressful, Expect you to memorize everything and be perfect from the start

Advice to Management

Don't use personal reasons as one of the reasons to fire someone, and be more clear about instructions as well as performance of associates

The worst company I have ever worked for!!! Run......

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Coach

Pros

Employee discount (50% discount on handbags and small leather goods, 40% on everything else).

Cons

It is a productivity based company (Which they did not tell me when offered a full-time position) so whatever position you have, except for management, if you do not meet your numbers your hours will be cut from a maximum of 35 per week to about 7-13 hours a week. Managers see employees as numbers, they do not see them as real people. All coach cares about is numbers, numbers and numbers, nothing else. Very stressful environment to work, managers will be breathing on your neck if your sales are down! You also get a write up for using your sick hours, even if you provide legal documentation that shows you were sick.

Advice to Management

For the store manager I will suggest her to take some classes to teach her how to talk to employees because she NEVER talks to employees, she always sends lower management people to talk to the employees when it should be her job too. Continous and extreme pressure as well as harassment does not work equally on everybody, so "do not assume that tactic will motivate eveybody equally to sell". Overall, if you have other options beside coach, I suggest you run from this company!

Horrible experience. I would advise against working here.

Former Employee - Merchant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchant in New York, NY

I worked at Coach

Pros

-A well known brand that definitely is a good addition to your resume

Cons

-Compensation is terrible. I am not sure if anyone took into account the cost of living in NYC. I could have moved out of the city I suppose but if I commuted I wouldn't have been able to put in the 18 hour work days that were required -No work life balance. Don't ask for vacation ever. -Management and leadership are lacking. -Turnover is high. Probably from some of the above things I have mentioned. -Organization and communication between departments needs to be regulated. It seems like it's "every man for himself" mentality. -Promotions and advancements are few are far between. And when I say far between I mean years, regardless of your experience.

Advice to Management

Please be more respectful and mindful of the way you are treating your team. Nobody wants to work hard for someone that is unkind, disrespectful, and threatening. It is not productive in any way. I had to go to HR to report the way I was being treated. They did nothing about it. I quit.

Don't be lured in by the name COACH

Current Employee - Customer Service in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Good health benefits minus the deductible you have to pay. Employee sales. Some people are very friendly. Some managers appreciate their employees.

Cons

Nothing is secret - even HR issues are not secret. A simple thank you is hardly ever received. Workload is completely overwhelming and the pay does not balance out. Gossip, gossip, gossip. Room for advancement & growth is less than spectacular. Review process is not fair - submitted to managers, senior managers and NY HR before presented to you (no matter what you say you cannot change the outcome of your review).

Advice to Management

1. HR issues need to remain as HR issues and not be spread around to others who are uninvolved in the situation. 2. Learn to value your employees. 3. Information & transfer of knowledge is impossible when team leaders are difficult to work with. 4. When numerous complaints have been made & suggestions about team leaders have been presented, please listen to the things that the team & others say.

8. God Awful!!!!!!

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Coach

Pros

The discount, if you can afford to use it!

Cons

I average 3-4 hours per week, something I wish would have been discussed BEFORE they hired me. Management team is catty and they spent all of my first day advising me about "not stealing", "don't sell my discounted items on Ebay", "not to wear too much make-up", instead of teaching me about my benefits and pay:( Futhermore, what discounted item can I buy with $26.50 per week? So far, I have still not been paid since they have messed up my payroll and this is the 3rd payroll that has passed. Obvious biases against employees of color and customers as well. As a longtime Coach customer, I am appalled at what I have witnessed which makes me not want to spend any future dollars with the company. Furthermore, why hire someone for a mere 3-4 hours a week? There is obviously no respect for my time and 5 managers who have no idea of what the other managers are doing or have done.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees with respect. Be honest about the potential work hours. Don't judge a book by its color, yes I said color!

Dismal

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Coach

Pros

Good pay and benefits, some good people, but management is quite poor at setting direction and accepting any sort of feedback.

Cons

One VP, when meeting with the CEO, has their director present the data. If the CEO doesn't like it, they they blame the bad results on the director. If the CEO likes it, the VP takes the credit. No one tells the CEO the truth, he is too threatening, only good news is shared for fear of loss of job.

Advice to Management

Companies are best run when they act on all information.

COACH a "New York" company but every item made in CHINA as stamped on every tag

Former Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Coach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, small circles of good people, have 4B in the nest egg

Cons

-IT is simply deplorable -IT Mgmt afraid to make decision allows Marketing to control everything -IT loves contractors so, be mindful if going in as a FT Employee -IT far behind most retail organizations -Stop with the this is the COACH way garbage. Its a job not a religion.

Advice to Management

Stop misleading people who join the orginization who add value and truly make a difference Need to remove some of the IT Mgmt that have Napoleon complex

Stay away....

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Coach part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

attractive work environment to be in on a regular basis, predictable inventory, structured days with the same activities going on predictably during opening, business hours and closing

Cons

high school mentality, poor management skills, immature behavior by management who seem troubled, "mean" spiritedness is allowed and actually encouraged, not a pleasant place to want to spend time in, wonder if upper management are aware of troubling store ethics.

Advice to Management

Get trained. Poor interpersonal skills and lackluster management, poor modeling can only take you so far....it impacts the store.

RSS Feed </> Embed