Coach Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

3.5

Coach CEO Victor Luis
Victor Luis

Pros
  • There is a GREAT DISCOUNT and many perks within the company (in 33 reviews)

• There is also a decent employee discount available to employees whether seasonal or otherwise (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work / life balance and now the new leadership does not talk about that any more (in 25 reviews)

• Dress code is strict and you are not reimbursed for the clothes you are required to purchase (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

great company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Coach part-time for less than a year

Pros

good health benefits, profit sharing and stock options, great product knowledge, wonderful discount

Cons

you don't have a life outside of work, you can't ever take a saturday or sunday off, coaching moments, talking to EVERY customer in the store even if they don't want to be bothered

lay back on the employees who are working hard and focus on the employees that deserve recognition rather than the "favorites"

Associate Toronto

Current Employee - Associate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Great team members, discount and training. Salary is good. Bonus and incentives are worth it if you earn them. Low turnover makes for a close knit team - great team work! Until management changes. You're only as good as your manager!

Cons

Lack of role clarity for operations role. Unrealistic expectations. Constant set you up for failures and lack of communication from management to associates. Aggressive attitude from particular management in front of team members. Irregular hours. Defamatory remarks.

More positive feedback rather than all negative make associates feel appreciated therefore makes your team work harder for you! Management need more skills in interpersonal and social skills to develop better working relationships! Makes for a better work environment.

Great place to learn but it's time to move on

Current Employee - Senior Analyst, Finance
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst, Finance

I have been working at Coach full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a really fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. I've had exposure to senior leadership and board members by giving presentations and leading meetings in small groups. The managers I've reported into have been involved in my career trajectory and I've been able to have open conversations about what I want to do. Working at this company is highly regarded among the Retail industry.

Cons

Work-life balance is not always a priority. Executive decisions are often made without full understanding the impact to current processes.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A wonderful overall experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Coach full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional team, great for work/ life balance, excellent training-the best in the business, monthly bonuses.

Cons

Ability to move up. Not a lot of opportunity because of low turnover. (which could be considered a pro!) Pay is inconsistent between managers. The difference in pay/benefits between assistant and associate managers is vast...not necessarily consistent with individual's talent, and skill set.

Reconsider the roles/compensation of FT Assistant and Associate managers as they are not very different...at least where I am.

Great learning experience

I worked at Coach full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Carrier growth well organized
    - Strategic and analytical

Cons

- No accountability
    - Limited exposure to decision making process

Asst. manager NYC

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Coach full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing health care, 401K, stocks,store incentives plus 50% -75% discounts. Fun up beat environment . Work hard and get to know your AM and DM to get noticed and promoted. With the new changes Coach is more likely to hire some one pretty and thin with no retail skills than someone with experience. Some things can't be taught. Black out dates for managers during holidays 3 months no requests off. I haven't spent Christmas,Thanksgiving or New Years in almost 8 years.

Cons

Very clear roles in some stores which makes it hard to learn and take on new tasks some managers feel you are stepping on their toes. Having to wake up very early in the morning on your day off to come in for a managers meeting sucks. Getting thrown under the bus for silly things.

The dress code is expensive giving a heads up when it will change is not asking to much. The return/exchange policy needs to change.customers bring in items 15 yrs old and want a new one or it repaired screaming and calling you a idiot until they get what they want. This isn't a used car lot.

Busy, busy, busy or slow like molasses.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Frisco, TX

I worked at Coach part-time for more than a year

Pros

great environment, easy tasks, great employer discounts. Managers were usually pretty grey to get along with.

Cons

Not too likely to move up to a higher position in a short amount of time. When you are trained, it all happens so quickly. I felt like I was just put out on the sales floor way too soon, maybe it was the shove I needed. I was second highest sales associate and i only worked part time.

Let employees know at the beginning of their shifts what their daily expectations are

alternative viewpoints unwelcom

Former Employee - Project Management  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Management in New York, NY

I worked at Coach as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

strong IT staff, fully capable of executing when asked to

Cons

senior management was closed to any ideas that they hadn't already had

you could learn by listening to your people - there was some great thinking that got smacked down hard -- and I saw that those people learned quickly not to offer ideas

COACH is an Awesome company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Monroe, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Monroe, OH

I have been working at Coach part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

COACH provides a competitive salary for retail and excellent benefits. They begin offering benefits to employees that work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Sales are based off the store as a whole, not commission based per person. This keeps a nice, healthy work environment. The management makes it fun to work here!

Cons

Retail hours require you to work an inconsistent schedule.

Bad Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Doing well technologically and an ok discount.

Cons

Corrupt, evil and racist management. You don't get recognized for the hard work you do. The managers are weird and seem like they want "something" from you in order for them to be nice to you. When they tell you to do something sometimes they shout and act extremely unprofessional.

Take management skill classes and do more to help out those below you. And stop being racist and be more brave.

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!