www.coach.com

Updated November 21, 2014
3.5

Coach CEO Victor Luis
Victor Luis

Pros
  • Great discount, worked with great people, great bonuses at the end of the year (in 36 reviews)

• Depending on volume size, great work life balance & 60-75% off deletes (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work / life balance and now the new leadership does not talk about that any more (in 30 reviews)

• Dress code is a bit strict, but hey its a boutique so you need to look nice (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Coach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good discount. Rack up paid vacations pretty quick. Great insurance. Sadly that's it.

Cons

I don't know where to begin. No manager there is happy because all of us were not trained from the get go. Upper management expects us to communicate well when we don't even know what we are talking about. They don't have time to train us so we were told to train ourselves. The company micro manages and wants its managers to micro manage. I am not a micro manager and I don't like hounding my staff every 15 minutes about their sales and asking "have you talked to that customer? Why hasn't your SPH gone up?" We weren't making our ridiculously high numbers in our FIRST year, so they lowered our goal. Now that we are making the numbers, you want to lower it again and take more hours? Because we aren't making last year numbers? Again, WE'VE BEEN OPEN A YEAR. At one point we had no GM, SM or DM. All at the same time. I can't tell you how many managers have been cycled through. People are quitting every week because rules change every week. Honestly, Coach really disappointed me.

TRAIN YOUR STAFF. Set some time aside to train a new store. Even customers can see it's easy to get overwhelmed there.

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Coach full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great uniform standards
    -Good retail experience.
    -Good discount

Cons

-Too many managers that do not communicate well.

All managers at one store need to get on board with a cohesive plan of action.

Good place to start first retail experience

Current Employee - Cashier in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Coach part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learn to work at a fast pace. The hours are flexible and we all work as a team. Can learn multiple jobs throughout the store. It has lots to offer if you want to consider to stay with the company.

Cons

the challenge here is that you need to be consistent. You need to learn the products and know how to up sell all the time. Even though you don't run off commission, the company still has its goals to make.

depending on certain manager, sometimes there need to be better communication with their employees

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Coach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, bonus checks every month base off goals,

Cons

poor upper management, dress code needs to refresh to reflect the "fashion" in trends

Don't take staff for granted

Sales Associate

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Good working environment. Amazing training program by managers.

Cons

Uncertain amount of working hours.

Good with the Bad

I worked at Coach

Pros

Great compensation and benefits

Cons

Disrespect from Corporate managament and unreasonable workload

Store level puts the money in their pocket. Respect the staff. Give payroll so things can get done.

Great Co-workers, but poor management

Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier
    Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier

I worked at Coach part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers were very helpful in training the new comers. Training is easy, but boring.

Cons

There is just too many managers so you really don't know who you are suppose to ask for help. It was a seasonal job so there weren't too many hours given since they over hired. Since management hired too many people, management will not remember your name. The discount isn't great either.

Fun always changing environment

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Coach part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for over 7 years in both part and full time capacity. It is a very fun work environment and a great part-time opportunity. Coach is not a commission based selling environment which as it's pros and cons but I like to consider it a pro, as it helps to encourage a team environment. There is always lots of training materials on product knowledge and materials and you are strongly encouraged to take advantage of those tools. In my experience everyone is quick and happy to help you succeed. The company gives you generous discounts but you are expected to carry and wear their products.

Cons

The major con I'd have to point out is lack of opportunities to move up or into the corporate world. It appears to be so difficult to move up or laterally that it feels like you're discouraged from do making any moves. There isn't much turnover on a management level so don't go into an associate position thinking you'll be able to quickly move up.

Please provide employees with better resources to accomplish the goals and expectations you set forth.

Amazing opportunity to grow and learn from other creative professionals.

Former Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Coach full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company for designers to design quality products. Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

No cons. Just get to work on time each morning and show enthusiasm for the work.

Jacksonville Distribution Center

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Coach full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits compared to market, time off policies are generous, even for newly hired, some really wonderful people to work with throughout organization.

Cons

Work-life balance could be minimal depending on which department you work for and cross-functional communication not always successful.

The company, though very focused on valued to share-holders, needs to remember there is life outside of Coach and that a burnt-out employee is not as productive.

Coach Photos