Coach Reviews

3.6

Coach CEO Victor Luis
Victor Luis

Pros
  • There is a GREAT DISCOUNT and many perks within the company (in 33 reviews)

• There is also a decent employee discount available to employees whether seasonal or otherwise (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of work / life balance and now the new leadership does not talk about that any more (in 25 reviews)

• Dress code is strict and you are not reimbursed for the clothes you are required to purchase (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

A fun place to work as a part time job.

Former Employee - Stock Associate  in  Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Stock Associate in Brea, CA

I worked at Coach

Pros

A somewhat relaxed place to work. It is a high class type of store to shop at, so there is a minimal level of professionalism that needs to be adhered to. Overall, it was a good place to get some hours in while going to school, or for a holiday position. Above minimum wage page, opportunities for bonuses, good discounts, and usually fun people to work with.

Cons

Because it is a retail store, your hours are expendable and can be cut anytime. If bills are at risk of not being paid, I'd look for a job that has more stable hours.

Overworked/ Underpaid

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Decent discount on handbags for friends and family

Cons

Absolutely no work/life balance. low salaries with above reasonable expectations.

Amazing place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Awesome discount, knowledgeable management and very nice

Cons

Dealing with customers can be a hassel because Coach always thinks the customer is right

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's okay

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Coach

Pros

It is a good place to get sales experience in a fashion retail setting. Employee discount is 50% off merchandise.

Cons

All sales associates are paid on an hourly basis with no opportunities to make commissions on any sales. Average pay is only 10 to 11 dollars an hour. Also, the benefits are not very generous.

Try to get a commission pay structure in place for sales associates. Offer more full time positions for sales associates.

Greatest company I've worked for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Coach

Pros

Coach has great pay and tons of upside potential.

Cons

Retail is a tough industry.

Satisfied

Current Employee - Sales Support  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Great Product, Generous Discount, Wonderful coworkers

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Strong performance expectations can create stress even for part-time

Provide lots of feedback.

Coach provided a great environment for learning and career development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Coach

Pros

Constantly learning. Ever changing work environment. Great product. Opportunity to be surrounded by extremely smart individuals to learn from and be mentored by.

Cons

The only downside I find with working at Coach is the lack of work - life balance. There are long hours and I find myself working even when I leave the office.

The worst company I have ever worked for!!! Run......

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Coach

Pros

Employee discount (50% discount on handbags and small leather goods, 40% on everything else).

Cons

It is a productivity based company (Which they did not tell me when offered a full-time position) so whatever position you have, except for management, if you do not meet your numbers your hours will be cut from a maximum of 35 per week to about 7-13 hours a week. Managers see employees as numbers, they do not see them as real people. All coach cares about is numbers, numbers and numbers, nothing else. Very stressful environment to work, managers will be breathing on your neck if your sales are down! You also get a write up for using your sick hours, even if you provide legal documentation that shows you were sick.

For the store manager I will suggest her to take some classes to teach her how to talk to employees because she NEVER talks to employees, she always sends lower management people to talk to the employees when it should be her job too. Continous and extreme pressure as well as harassment does not work equally on everybody, so "do not assume that tactic will motivate eveybody equally to sell". Overall, if you have other options beside coach, I suggest you run from this company!

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!