Coast Dental Services

Add Photos

Thomas J. Marler

Overworked

Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI gained a lot of experience while working there. The employees were great and management was sincere. the location was good and the view was excellent.

ConsWe were expected to work too many hours in the corporate office. Salaried employees were expected to work at least 50 hours a week and, when you tried to go home at a reasonable hour, jokes were made about working a half-day and you were looked down upon.

Company only interested in the dollar sign, not the patients

Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) Sebring, FL

ProsGood medical benefits. But you have to pay for 50% of your dental.

ConsOver load of patients. Pressured to sell, sell, sell. Company does not care about employees or patient care. I worked there for 3 years and could never tell you how much a prophy was. Prices were changed according to insurance. Hard to make a bonus.

A Learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to work wherever there are openings, whether in a dental office or at the corporate headquarters. Offices in FL, GA, NV, CA and TX

ConsFocus on sales, not patient care. Staff is encouraged to offer financing to all patients who walk through the door and to existing patients who need expensive cleanings or restorative work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to basics and focus on excellent patient care and word of mouth referrals. The only referrals out there now are pretty negative.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTime off, nobody really cares if you are here or not

Conshorrible environment, everyone is miserable

Advice to Senior Managementsell this company, quick.

Dental experience.

Managing Dentist (Former Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsDid quite a bit crown and bridge

ConsMost pt plans were HMO's

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more PPO pts

Assistant Manager

ProsClean facility
    Locations
    Advancement opportunities
    Flexibility if you have a good Office Manager

ConsAdvancement opportunities are difficult due to some upper level co-workers blocking you from advancing
    Quality of service they are providing to the patients is greatly lacking, but this depends on the provider at location. This puts you in a compromised position.
    Pressure to sell

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take the time to listen to your employees and patients. Try to provide a stress free environments that focuses on patient care instead of the bottom dollar by pressure sells to patients. You would have less complaints from patient if you hire or train people that know what they are doing. Create a balance!

It's all about corporate.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe access to company information is amazing & easy to access. Fee schedules are current, company is very efficient.

ConsIt's all about the money, not too much about patient care.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember it's not about the bottom line, it's about the people whose lives you improve & the word of mouth referrals.

A good place to work

Dentist (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsA large peer group. Good continuing education. Employee issues handled by management. Very easy to get replacement or substitute employees on short notice. I've been there for about 10 years and most of the staff for over 5 years. Very high quality of the staff members. Very low turnover in this office. Quality materials used in treatment. Modern facility.

ConsOccasionally dealing with middle management can be annoying. Balancing the budget can be challenging, but overall this is a minor issue. Having read some of the negative reviews, I would counter that these issues are "office specific" and not "company specific". The same negative comments could be said about many private offices. The quality and ethics of an office is determined by the dentist working there, not the company that does the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood upper management at the very top. Would recommend middle management have good business background as opposed to only dental background

Terrible working environment

Dental Assistant (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsA fast pace, sink or swim environment gives you a lot of experience in just a short amount of time. If you are okay with misleading patients to get a higher sale, then Coast Dental is the place for you! Although, you're not compensated well nor are you commissioned for up-selling treatment that patient's don't need... and because Coast has such a high employee turn over, if you stick around long enough your bound to climb to the top eventually. That's how most of your superiors got there, mostly just with reception back ground and NO dental or medical training whatsoever.

ConsI was promised the moon by my office manager when hired. She spoke of great bonuses when they hit their monthly quotas, but in the year's time I was there I never received one and we met or exceeded our goals more often than not. Long hours and little to no recognition. In fact my manager would remove my overtime from my clocked hours when I was forced to work late... probably so she wouldn't get in trouble for forcing it. Always running out of supplies due to managements "cut backs" on monthly ordering which always resulted in patients not receiving optimal care.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't look at every person walking through the door as a cash cow. Think about the PATIENT and don't push up selling techniques on doctor's/ hygenists/ assistants. The care that is NEEDED sells itself. Treat your staff well. Be PROFESSIONAL. Acquire training that actually makes you qualified for your job.

Neutral experience

Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsLots of patients, schedule always full

ConsLots of extra selling, pressure to produce

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways try to keep in mind employees' contributions

Worked for Coast Dental Services? Contribute to the Community!