Coast Guard Exchange

Coast Guard Exchange Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A great place to work in retail.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsJob satisfaction is always outstanding.
    Management support is consistently strong.
    Growth opportunities abound.

ConsAverage pay scale
    Distinction between our staff and GS employees is unreasonable

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on our mission.

DO NOT WORK HERE

I'd Rather Not Say (Former Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsThere are NO pros. None. Don't work here.

ConsToo many to list and I don't want to waste anymore of my life thinking about this place. Read other review, I nearly choked on my coffee when I read "will throw you under the bus". I can't tell you how many times I've said the EXACT SAME THING. and she/he's correct.. NO TRAINING. They will tell you "do it like this", the next time "oh you did it wrong, we now do it like this" over and over and over again... GOOD GRIEF. This place is a living HELL.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out YOUR job. WRITE policies and procedures so they aren't changing DAILY to cover each others mistakes. TRAIN employees. OWN UP TO YOUR OWN MISTAKES AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS OR LACK THEREOF.

Exhausting. Terrible communication. Will throw you under bus to save themselves.

Management (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits ok. Only good thing is no one else wants the job.

ConsToo many to list. Terrible training, little communication, expect you to know rules regs etc.. without proper training. They will throw you under the bus to save themselves, which is why you are there, to protect their jobs. Don't waste your time in this place- you're going no where. Better to start somewhere else where you'll be appreciated! I had to leave to save my sanity and have never looked back.

Advice to Senior ManagementTRAINING TRAINING TRAINING. Train HQ to effectively train employees in the entire chain of command. Take responsiblity for your lack of training and communication and fix it.

Worked for Coast Guard Exchange? Contribute to the Community!