Coastal Sunbelt Produce

John Corso

Work Culture

Current Employee - Selector in Savage, MD
    Current Employee - Selector in Savage, MD

I have been working at Coastal Sunbelt Produce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company has good benefits and the hiring process is quickly administered. The HR Staff is efficient and this is good for new hires.

Cons

The management supervisors for the night shift are not as skilled as perhaps they should be. They allow too much playing around on the job and the workplace is not harassment free. I feel the management staff should be better trained in managing the workplace to ensure all employees are treated fairly and respectfully.

Train management employees how to be a supervisor. A better trained supervisory staff will make a more effective work culture and ensure a harassment free workplace.

Going nowhere slowly

I have been working at Coastal Sunbelt Produce

Pros

The only pro I can think of is that I can buy restaurant quality produce from the company wholesale. I work full time nights. The only reason I've stayed is that I have a part time day job that I really like.

Cons

I've been with the company more than 2 years and even though I've been a high producer with a low error rate, I have yet to see my first raise.

give a little recognition to the workers in the company if you want to keep the good ones.

Not the best but not the worse

Former Employee - Route Driver in Savage, MD
    Former Employee - Route Driver in Savage, MD

I worked at Coastal Sunbelt Produce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ok money and opportunity for overtime

Cons

Long hours when you have a route in Va or Dc you might work 12hrs but your daily pay is $100

Listen to your drivers more and dont put so many stops on your drivers that travel outside of state

Good company with friendly people

I have been working at Coastal Sunbelt Produce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

With a more laid-back working environment and friendly employees it is a good place to work. Jobs are always posted internally giving employees the opportunity to take on new roles. The company has an open door policy with executives that will sit down and talk to you.

Cons

Some managers tend to pick favorites which makes getting promoted a little more difficult if you don't make their list. Also, the pay (while good) could be better.

You aren't a nationwide or global company. If you want better employees or to retain the ones you have you need to pay them a little more.

Pleasant experience

I have been working at Coastal Sunbelt Produce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, nice work environment.

Cons

Could be better pay and opportunity for raises

average job

I have been working at Coastal Sunbelt Produce

Pros

friendly peers and friendly environment

Cons

very very very poor mgmt

do you home work and get better

Felt Neglected by Management

I worked at Coastal Sunbelt Produce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company, good benefits and compensation

Cons

Felt neglected, asked for help multiple times and never received it. Bosses won't even answer simple questions. No guidance or training, even though it is promised. Set up for failure.

Help employees when they ask for it, don't just brush it off. If you help them, they will perform better and succeed.

Disappointed

Current Employee - Purchasing in Savage, MD
    Current Employee - Purchasing in Savage, MD

I have been working at Coastal Sunbelt Produce full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on the person, workload is very minimal, supervision and overall responsibility is irrelevant, and pay is equal to, if not more than, the pay that the company gives to those left with the workload, responsibility, and liability associated with the operations of the warehouse and entire company.

Cons

You're the opposite of the above, the employees in this group are expected to arrive earlier, on time, and if not exactly on time, reprimanded. Female employees favored, male employees exhausted with all the load. Very unfair treatment in the eyes of the workers, each employee is treated different.

See who the real workers are, the talented ones, and reward them and treat the others who get by with the same harsh reality of getting work done, or pay them less.

Started out so well

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jessup, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jessup, MD

I worked at Coastal Sunbelt Produce full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial attitude
    Family type atmosphere
    Innovative Pay and Incentive Structures
    Customer Service

Cons

Very cliquish
    If you aren't a driver, or haven't worked there for 15 years you don't matter

Be more collaborative and transparent. Listen to all employees, not just a select few. Make strategic decisions not knee jerk ones.

Great place to be a driver

Former Employee - Human Resources/PR Manager in Jessup, MD
    Former Employee - Human Resources/PR Manager in Jessup, MD

I worked at Coastal Sunbelt Produce

Pros

growing company, constantly changing job

Cons

company is growing too fast, and not adjusting to a medium sized mentality well.

Collaborative management is much more effective than secretive. Increasing transparency in what you do as managers will establish trust and loyalty among your employees.