Cobalt Reviews

Updated August 12, 2014

3.7

Cobalt President and CEO John W. P. Holt
John W. P. Holt

Pros
  • Work-life balance is here is you are willing to sacrifice any career advancement (in 45 reviews)

• They allow some positions to work from home on a part time of full time basis (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Preference is given to employees who have no work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Low pay, clueless upper management, many people in jobs above their ability level (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

learned a lot

Current Employee - Account Advocate  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Advocate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than a year

Pros

desk share
    great culture
    great managers
    freedom to manage our accounts
    relationship focus
    ability to take ownership, develop relationships, do your own creative, website design. SEO, Social Media

Cons

Too many accounts to manage fully making new requirements unrealistic. Position has changed. Compensation lacking. Constant fear of escalations.

Less meetings. Excessive work load given the new responsibilities. More conversations with AA's individually.

Cobalt is where I finally found the job I was looking for my whole career.

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with some amazing people at Cobalt. They are smart, and very good at what they do. Politics are at a minimum. You can't get away from them, but they don't hamper progress. The managers I encounter look out for their people. They support us and make sure we have the tools we need to do our job. They embrace people here. If you are honest and do your job, you will do well here.

Cons

Cobalt as a part of ADP no longer has that start-up vibe as far as culture; for example there are no giant parties (but there are some good ones). Still some of this is actually good.
    Some of the things that you would expect they would have down-pat they do not, but I am stretching to come up with this Con.

A more consistent and intuitive review system would be nice.
    There is a great work/life balance. I think the balance between making the "new and innovative" and "supporting the existing/infrastructure" is pretty good, but there are still some frustrations when the established tools/processes/products break.

A couple of the best reasons to work at Cobalt is the Culture and the Managers.

Current Employee - Digital Advertising Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Digital Advertising Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have excellent benefits compared to all the other companies I have worked for. I can only speak from experience in the Digital Advertising department but from my experience Cobalt really cares for their employees. I also have noticed that if you have the drive to succeed, you will.

Cons

Promotions take longer at this company than I have seen at other companies I have worked for. That being said I have never worked for such a large company in the past so the competition is fierce here due to the great talent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time

Pros

The culture is the greatest part of working here. It is fast-paced, fun and challenging. The company cares about the customer experience as well as employee growth. The company also values diversity and encourages volunteering in the community.

Cons

If you don't handle change well this isn't the place for you. You must be flexible and open to new ideas.

Loved Every Minute

Current Employee - Senior Designer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone that I had the pleasure of working with was immensely talented and smart. They managed to adopt the Agile Methodology in a way that worked fantastically for the product and engineering departments. The project managers all know exactly what they're doing and motivate you to do the best you possibly can. You have to do great work to succeed but everyone makes you want to. They often paid for training and sent my group to seminars and workshops. The pay was very good and so were the benefits. This is honestly the best job I've ever had.

No, I'm not management writing some paid review, I'm an ex employee who had to relocate. I would love to continue working there if I could.

Cons

There's nothing I can think of

Excellent career growth, opportunities for professional development.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A stellar team of "nerds". The talent of the employees constantly challenges you to perform better and grow your skills. Interaction with client teams adds to this even further.

Cons

It's a challenge to extend the culture of the company to remote, home-based associates. There's awareness of this, but more can be done.

Great job! Keep it up, and continue to create a dynamic work environment with solid advancement opportunities.

Welcoming, open, and comfortable.

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Channel Strategy  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Channel Strategy in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time

Pros

Upon starting I was very gratified in my choice to move my career to Cobalt. The people here were not just very welcoming, but exceptionally helpful and interested. At least half a dozen people have gone out of their way to help me get oriented and integrated. Many more than that have done large and small things to ensure that I have felt included and a part of the team from day one.

From the moment I got settled into my office I found the whole place to much less stressed, frenetic, and tense than my former large, Redmond based employer. I am very happy to be a part of what Cobalt is building here. With my limited experience thus far, Cobalt seems unlike other places I have worked who claim to offer a start-up environment. There definitely seems to be a sense of urgency and an ability to execute. People have a lot of responsibility and seem to have a lot of freedom to execute within their discipline.

Comp is good and opportunities seem both available and attainable.

Cons

The ADP vs Cobalt on-boarding can be a bit confusing and the logistics of the hiring process can be tedious.

None now.

Loved working with great people!

I worked at Cobalt full-time

Pros

great people, benefits and technology

Cons

travel kept me away from my family

hire road warriors but help them manage their on the road life better... limit travel to 3 weeks per month

Fast paced

Current Employee - Account Advocate  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Account Advocate in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Cobalt full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Great employees and co-workers who enjoy their job

Cons

Pay is hourly and not salary based

Great place to work and learn.

I have been working at Cobalt

Pros

I get to work with some of the brightest minds in Seattle on some interesting, complex, and unexplored problems. The office is in a fantastic location, with easy access to transit.

Cons

There is an unfortunate lack of free parking near the office, but it's on a light rail and Amtrak station. The neighborhood needs a good place to get a salad that isn't Specialty's.

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!