Cobalt

Cobalt Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Cobalt President and CEO John W. P. Holt

John W. P. Holt

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance is here is you are willing to sacrifice any career advancement"
    in 43 reviews
  • "They allow some positions to work from home on a part time of full time basis"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Preference is given to employees who have no work/life balance"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Low pay, clueless upper management, many people in jobs above their ability level"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Cobalt is where I finally found the job I was looking for my whole career.

Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsI work with some amazing people at Cobalt. They are smart, and very good at what they do. Politics are at a minimum. You can't get away from them, but they don't hamper progress. The managers I encounter look out for their people. They support us and make sure we have the tools we need to do our job. They embrace people here. If you are honest and do your job, you will do well here.

ConsCobalt as a part of ADP no longer has that start-up vibe as far as culture; for example there are no giant parties (but there are some good ones). Still some of this is actually good.
    Some of the things that you would expect they would have down-pat they do not, but I am stretching to come up with this Con.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more consistent and intuitive review system would be nice.
    There is a great work/life balance. I think the balance between making the "new and innovative" and "supporting the existing/infrastructure" is pretty good, but there are still some frustrations when the established tools/processes/products break.

A couple of the best reasons to work at Cobalt is the Culture and the Managers.

Digital Advertising Analyst (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThey have excellent benefits compared to all the other companies I have worked for. I can only speak from experience in the Digital Advertising department but from my experience Cobalt really cares for their employees. I also have noticed that if you have the drive to succeed, you will.

ConsPromotions take longer at this company than I have seen at other companies I have worked for. That being said I have never worked for such a large company in the past so the competition is fierce here due to the great talent.

A great place to work

Seattle, WA

ProsThe culture is the greatest part of working here. It is fast-paced, fun and challenging. The company cares about the customer experience as well as employee growth. The company also values diversity and encourages volunteering in the community.

ConsIf you don't handle change well this isn't the place for you. You must be flexible and open to new ideas.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved Every Minute

Senior Designer (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsEveryone that I had the pleasure of working with was immensely talented and smart. They managed to adopt the Agile Methodology in a way that worked fantastically for the product and engineering departments. The project managers all know exactly what they're doing and motivate you to do the best you possibly can. You have to do great work to succeed but everyone makes you want to. They often paid for training and sent my group to seminars and workshops. The pay was very good and so were the benefits. This is honestly the best job I've ever had.

No, I'm not management writing some paid review, I'm an ex employee who had to relocate. I would love to continue working there if I could.

ConsThere's nothing I can think of

Excellent career growth, opportunities for professional development.

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsA stellar team of "nerds". The talent of the employees constantly challenges you to perform better and grow your skills. Interaction with client teams adds to this even further.

ConsIt's a challenge to extend the culture of the company to remote, home-based associates. There's awareness of this, but more can be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job! Keep it up, and continue to create a dynamic work environment with solid advancement opportunities.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Welcoming, open, and comfortable.

Senior Manager, Channel Strategy (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsUpon starting I was very gratified in my choice to move my career to Cobalt. The people here were not just very welcoming, but exceptionally helpful and interested. At least half a dozen people have gone out of their way to help me get oriented and integrated. Many more than that have done large and small things to ensure that I have felt included and a part of the team from day one.

From the moment I got settled into my office I found the whole place to much less stressed, frenetic, and tense than my former large, Redmond based employer. I am very happy to be a part of what Cobalt is building here. With my limited experience thus far, Cobalt seems unlike other places I have worked who claim to offer a start-up environment. There definitely seems to be a sense of urgency and an ability to execute. People have a lot of responsibility and seem to have a lot of freedom to execute within their discipline.

Comp is good and opportunities seem both available and attainable.

ConsThe ADP vs Cobalt on-boarding can be a bit confusing and the logistics of the hiring process can be tedious.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone now.

Loved working with great people!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people, benefits and technology

Constravel kept me away from my family

Advice to Senior Managementhire road warriors but help them manage their on the road life better... limit travel to 3 weeks per month

Fast paced

Account Advocate (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsFlexible work schedule
    Great employees and co-workers who enjoy their job

ConsPay is hourly and not salary based

Great place to work and learn.

ProsI get to work with some of the brightest minds in Seattle on some interesting, complex, and unexplored problems. The office is in a fantastic location, with easy access to transit.

ConsThere is an unfortunate lack of free parking near the office, but it's on a light rail and Amtrak station. The neighborhood needs a good place to get a salad that isn't Specialty's.

Great company with amazing opportunities!

Digital Solutions Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat experiences and so much knowledge! Meet high level decision makers within companies and help them grow.

ConsHard to manage work/life balance

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!

Cobalt Videos

Cobalt – Why Work for Us?

Why Work at Cobalt As a premiere automotive digital marketing firm, Cobalt hires the best of the best. As an applicant, this means you have your pick of places to work-why should you choose us? Read on to find out… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cobalt reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cobalt CEO John W. P. Holt. All 275 reviews posted anonymously by Cobalt employees.