Coca-Cola Amatil

Add Photos

Coca-Cola Amatil Group Managing Director Terry Davis

Terry Davis

GREAT BRAND GREAT PEOPLE BUT TO MANY MANAGERS WITH TO MANY AGENDAS

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)
    Brisbane (Australia)

ProsBrand
    Perks
    Free car
    BDE team are some of the hardest lovely people

ConsManagers promoting those who are not the best choice
    Unfair favoritism for awards
    bonus (red rewards) not paid in full or target is unreasonable

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of market managers
    have a develpment program with gaurenteed movement, hr tells us that BDEs should be in a role for 12-18 months, most are there for over 2 more often 3-5

Extremely high expectations, no reward and recognition. Only care about sales and not their people. Going downhill fast.

Human Resources (Current Employee)

ProsSome of the people
    New CEO (Alison) - great communication.
    Brands
    Drinks allowance each month
    Share plan (although in decline)

ConsPoor leadership- Empty promises about career pathways so you put yourself under extreme pressure to perform & get nowhere.
    Don't care about people, only care about numbers.
    A lot of change to leadership and middle management needs to happen for this company to be an employer of choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower and trust
    Reward people
    Build REAL career pathways
    Lead don't micro manage

Focus is no longer on people and recognition

ProsMostly the people are good, share plan is a good incentive, higher superannuation if in management role, free beverage allowance each month is good, in some roles flexibility is good in terms of working from home.

ConsWhen I started with CCA the culture was pretty good, diversity was a strong focus for a while, and recognition was ok. In the past 2 years that has slowly slipped away and now it seems all the company cares about is cost efficiency and sales results, not their people and not recognition.
    Even our best talent are not being promoted, or recognised appropriately. Expectations of them are high, however there is no career path or plan for these people (including myself). Female talent are not promoted enough, if at all. And previous experience outside of CCA seems to be disregarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the people and culture. Make it a fun place to work. Recognition is so important as well as developing and succession planning of best talent.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Progressive company, fast-paced environment but too process-based - no room for free thinkers or true innovation.

Brisbane (Australia)

ProsCulture is inclusive, they 'talk the talk' well re motivating and empowering employees, perks are good - share plan, company vehicles, product sampling.

ConsPay isn't competitive, very attached to the 'Coke way' and not open to innovation generally, big organisation = wheels can turn slowly. My personal experience was that they are not good at a supportive return to work after serious illness. I was made to feel like there was a 'non-performer' stigma attached to me afterwards.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people more! Promote based on suitability to the role, not just seniority.

Not an easy place to work

Auckland (New Zealand)

ProsThe people, external perception, product allowance, inhouse training opportunities, a new Managing Director might help fix many of the cons.

ConsToo many Senior Leaders on the gravy train
    Very silo driven, collaboration often doesn't exist
    Too many egos
    Very high turn over rate, especially high performers
    Poor performers often moved rather than managed
    Plenty of Managers, very few Leaders
    Not an easy place to work, assumed knowledge without supporting documentation
    The exiting MD was very good, although unable to rectify many of the above issues

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek advice from the experts and don’t assume your way is the right way

Good company to work for

Inbound Sales (Former Employee)
    Sydney (Australia)

ProsExcellent development structure and rewarding culture of supportive people especially from sales and marketing. Aggressive strategy does make it easier to make good commissions. Fast paced environment with lots of opportunity.

ConsCan me too process orientated - many levels of approval. Patience is required for forward thinking or implementing new sales ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure management is effective at communicating with front line staff, some leaders are much more effective than others.

Great Immediate Team to work with, however no support from Managers. John Murphy is destroying the place.

Sydney (Australia)

ProsSampling, CCA Shares, Brands - new and old, variety of work. Line staff willingness to work for each other.

ConsJohn Murphy joined CCA from CUB with a reputation of restructuring companies to be closer to their customers. This may have financial benefit to the business / shareholders however destroys the culture through redundancies, disengaged employees who are over worked, underpaid and unappreciated. It's not uncommon for 1 person to be doing that of 3!

The business is constantly reviewing expenses - this has resulted in having to buy my own note pads and pens!!! For a business that constantly make hundreds of Millions of dollars every year, this isn't good enough and is penny pinching.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking at the bottom line and worrying about the shareholders returns - engage the staff and they will work for you. John Murphy you have lost the respect of the front line staff. Get out of Head Office spend time with people to learn their about their pain - you may gain some credibility. This goes for all Snr Mgr in Head Office - go to the other site / locations.

People are inspired by leaders they can relate to, spend time in Northmead, Eastern Creek, ACT, Newcastle, Tamworth and Dubbo. You may be surprised what effect this has will have on company engagement before you start to lose great people.

Tick Tock John!!!

Great place to work

Melbourne (Australia)

Pros-Lots of promotion from within
    -Plenty of perks - enough beverages to last me a lifetime!
    -Had plenty of opportunities to travel for team workshops and strategy meetings
    -Great brand to have on your CV

ConsA bit of a political minefield, but you can't really escape that with any company!

On balance great challenge, great people but an average leadership culture

ProsFast paced, exciting industry
    Appetite to invest (where there are clear returns)
    If you are in technology, IT has direct reporting line to CEO - viewed as a key enabler with positive investment backing and credibility
    Business makes and acts in decisions quickly when the prize is big
    Overall good people to work with who want to make a difference

ConsExtremely hierarchical environment, with empowerment being a major issue
    Still extremely silo'd in nature (you will invest a lot of time just maintaining alignment)
    In some areas be prepared to deal with egotistical leadership, "old school" fear as a motivator and low emotional intelligence

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a harder look at empowerment
    In all areas treat people as though they are an asset not just a resource

Focus is on results not people

Sydney (Australia)

ProsPerforming better than its peers in the public arena so good public profile
    Strong tactically
    Some smart people

Constoo much work, political, lack of prioritisation, lack of inspiration / vision
    Micro-management from senior management
    Poor masterdata and systems
    Current no internal moves allowed unless business case approved by Head of HR.

Worked for Coca-Cola Amatil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coca-Cola Amatil reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coca-Cola Amatil CEO Terry Davis. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Coca-Cola Amatil employees.