Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated

Be The First To
Add Photos

Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated Chairman and CEO J. Frank Harrison III

J. Frank Harrison III

Pros
  • Good pay, good benefits, must be a hardworker(in 5 reviews)

• Great company pride at coca cola(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long Hours, Chinese overtime, unrealistic expectations(in 13 reviews)

• The warehouse I'm at has 3 managers, 7 full-time employees, and 10 part-time(in 6 reviews)

sales

ProsGreat people and great organization

Conspersonal growth distance from Lake Norman

merchandiser

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

Prospart-time merchandisers make decent money and work around 16-20 hours in a weekend and our expected to work holidays, but don't have to. The management and employees are very good and try to work around your schedule.

ConsThe opportunity to move up in the company is very hard, because there are not many jobs required to run a warehouse. The warehouse I'm at has 3 managers, 7 full-time employees, and 10 part-time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, but offer more incentive to keep part-time employees around.

Great place to work

Flex Merchandiser (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsI enjoy working with merchandise and helping customers, like a lot to create sales

Consmerchandise it water very heavy.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat job

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company depending on which branch you work out of.

Account Developer (Former Employee) Fayetteville, NC

ProsGood advancement opportunities. Quality co-workers. Company integrity. Decent benefits.

ConsInconsistent management. Long hours. Some goals were set in contrast to other goals where failure was almost assured in one category or another.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people in the trenches. Understand that the blanket approach is not always the best approach.

Was worth working here to get my foot in the door of the job world.

ProsGreat work/life, If I needed off for any reason my boss would let me go, 15min breaks along with 30min lunches.

ConsIf it is a small CCBCC then goodluck getting a full time job there, as the smallers ones usually have 1 full time guy and like 10 part time guys avg 20-30hours a week.

Absolutely no work-life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFrom my experience, the pay has been at decent levels.

ConsFrank Harrison is a Christ-believer, and he has boldly added God-honoring values to the company's mission statement. I strongly agree with this move. However, God-honoring values are not lived-out in the company. The employees are extremely overworked. The company will not hire more people because it would cut into the financial bottom line. (How much money does Frank Harrison need?) Frank may not realize how bad the work environment is at the office. He does not make himself seen to the common employees. This is no excuse. He should be more in-tuned to the employees and the demands of the various jobs. Requiring salaried employees to work 65 or more hours a week is not a honorable requirement or work atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead and follow the mission statement, daily.

Sales

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsWidely recognized brand. It is a good stepping stone. Boss was a good one and was always willing to help.

ConsGood ol' boys club attitudes. Computer system is archaic and you would think that a large company like this would have current technology.

BEST JOB EVER!!! Outstanding Company, outstanding culture, absolutely loved every aspect of my job during my tenure.

Technician (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsWork environment, coworkers, pay, perks

ConsEvery so often days could run a little longer than expected, but if you manage your time wisely you can avoid this issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the GOOD WORK!!

Bad

Route Driver (Former Employee)

Proshad weekends off only pro

ConsBad management, lies to get you hired

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good hires and keep them.

Bulk Merchandiser

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Halifax, NC

Prosdiscount on soft drinks.. that's about it

ConsLong Hours, Chinese overtime, unrealistic expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementChange overtime pay

Worked for Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated? Contribute to the Community!