Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated

Be The First To
Add Photos

Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated Chairman and CEO J. Frank Harrison III

J. Frank Harrison III

Pros
  • Good pay, good benefits, must be a hardworker (in 5 reviews)

• Great company pride at coca cola (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours 14 hours days everyday not including coming to and from work as trainee I was working 64 to 67 hours a week (in 13 reviews)

• The warehouse I'm at has 3 managers, 7 full-time employees, and 10 part-time (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company To Work For

Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat company to work for. Very flexible with a great culture. Also the pay is good as well as the structured team environment.

ConsNeed to develop more job opportunities in the future.

Delivery merchandiser

Prosmoney, you do your own thing

ConsLong days, want a lot out of you

We worked long hours but made it fun

Quality Assurance and Machine Operator (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe pay is great. Great people. Some opportunity to move around.

ConsLong hours if working on 2nd shift. Hiring primarily part time people. Full time employees do not leave very often so you have to wait long time for that. Old equipment and dirty production floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf part time person wants to leave and there is opportunity to return full time, let them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Place To Work

ProsIt is great working for one of the most recognized brands in the world. In my three years of employment, I was able to gain experience in an area outside of my day to day job function.

ConsThe opportunities are limited because the organization runs lean and turn over is low in corporate.

It is a good company.

Box Maker/Crate (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits,and a good HR department.

ConsMoving around the plant ; from cold to hot . Then back to cold.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet operator help when machine go down. If operator have put crates on by hand.

Overall good, pay could be better. Most vendors make more money than a coke employee.

Bulk Account Merchandiser (Current Employee) Skyland, NC

ProsKeeps me in good physical shape. A lot of freedom with this job.

ConsDealing with bad calls from supervisors. Routes will get cut and add extra work to other employees. The part time system in bulk is ridiculous. They want to pay someone $9 hr to kill themselves. Holidays are tough and they won't send everyone help, just a select few. Account developers get incentives for selling incremental displays to stores. However merchandiser gets nothing and consistently gets more product to work and manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementPart time system will be the collapse of the company. I see it every week. We give our customers terrible service. Pepsi is killing coke in this area. They actually keep their shelves full and have excellent customer service. We are falling to the same level as RC!!!!

sales merchandiser

Prosno boss constantly on your back, work life balance and compensation could be better

Consmanagement, decision making, accounts, routes

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay

Account Manager 1

Account Manager I (Former Employee) Beaumont, TX

ProsWeekend off!!! Not in the office every day. Half off drinks once a month.

ConsTo demanding! The pay is unfair!!!!! The company decisions are very very questionable Limited career opportunities..

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employee!!!!!!!

Worked in the Production facilities in Nashville, TN and the distribution facility in LaVergne, TN.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone that I worked with was extremely helpful and hard-working. They tend to really promote and take part in the ideal of having a work/life balance.

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement due to few management/supervisor positions.

merchandiser

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

Prospart-time merchandisers make decent money and work around 16-20 hours in a weekend and our expected to work holidays, but don't have to. The management and employees are very good and try to work around your schedule.

ConsThe opportunity to move up in the company is very hard, because there are not many jobs required to run a warehouse. The warehouse I'm at has 3 managers, 7 full-time employees, and 10 part-time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, but offer more incentive to keep part-time employees around.

Worked for Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated? Contribute to the Community!