Coca-Cola Company

Coca-Cola Company Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.1 1,223 reviews

Muhtar Kent

Pros
  • Good benefits, big opportunity to relocate, tuition assistance is very easy(in 77 reviews)

• Great work life balance but I'm not sure it was intentional on management's part(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the role, you could potentially have a non-favorable work life balance(in 65 reviews)

• Overtime summer time - during the summer expect to work long hours lots of overtime(in 82 reviews)

1,223 Employee Reviews

Very structured, lots of red tape, but overall there are a lot of fun aspects.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe people, benefits and the home office.

ConsGetting approval for anything takes time.

Global Organization

ProsThe Experience Gained, and also flexibility of work life balance.

ConsNo clear direction with role out of various programs.

Long term Contractors and no full time.

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCoca Cola provides a major stepping stone for your Resume. Who doesn't recognize the most recognizable brand in the world. The provide frequent events during the weeks for workers to enjoy and the Corporate is a beautiful place to work.

ConsUnfortunately coke is now mostly hiring contractors to fill positions that are needed at the time. In certain departments, even with significant contributions employment is unlikely. Also Coke is becoming so large and department separation is becoming problem as most departments are only looking out for their side of the processes and will turn the other cheek at issues that may be found in the system that don't effect them (as was my experience).

Contractors are worked constantly with no Holidays or Vacations or even sick days making it very hard to justify the pay at times. Advancement is also very competitive and limited if at all in most cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementDefine a career development plan for contracting employees who may be valuable to your company in the future. Give contractors some standard benefits and recognize workers for finding bugs that can be fixed or areas that can be optimized.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not what it used to be.

Market Development Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible working conditions, setting your own work schedule; but that going away. Looks great on the resume.

ConsUnprofessional atmosphere, more geared towards entry level sales. Morale is in the toilet. Every year they are taking away perks. Creating more of a micromanagement culture, that is getting worse quick. Bonus's that are nearly impossible to max out. Zero transparency when it comes to sales goals and bonuses. Truly, you have no idea what the goal is for max, or where you are currently sitting in the quarter. And when you get your bonus, there is no explanation for what you did or didn't do, to get your bonus. So essentially, you get what you get, and there is absolutely no recourse. They don't what your input or opinion, just run the play. Moving up in the company is much, much more difficult then you would think. A lot of churn, there never used to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's not much Management can do either. The direction comes from Atlanta, they also must run the play. The one area that they have control, is with meetings. More responsibility should be put on Managers, to train and mentor new hires. But to put professional sales people through, prospecting 101, time management training or to have sales people read aloud off of the PP presentation to the rest of the room. We are not in grade school. Respect our time, be clear and concise in meetings and send the deck out for information that we can read on our own. They haven't figured out yet that they've lost the room within 15 minutes. This style of rambling, talking down to, raising your hands, keeping your hands up, read aloud to the rest of the class management style is demoralizing. Oh, by the way... Sales professionals are motivated by earning money. I think you have forgotten this.

Account Manager

ProsJob Security was the greatest pro. The mid level management always talk about how you will never need to work anywhere else.

ConsThe hours can become grueling during contract time and I constantly felt underpaid for the amount of work and also compared to the same type of role in other industries.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the people become outliers with new regulations on promotions in regards with what type of education someone has.

Good company to work for but still room to be great

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat benefits(i.e. medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and etc), dress casual to work, good managers

ConsPay should be better since we place orders for their customers all over the country. Room for growth is not always the case for some departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a RAISE!! It's stressful job so if we really contribute that much to the business why not make us happy so we could continue to make the customers happy.
    Interview method SUCKS!!
    Promotion; Instead of the S.T.A.R method, how about we pick the person with the better, character personality and passion and stop nitpicking on who stuck to the S.TA.R method during the interview or who answered the questions better

Structure of company is odd and not effective. Pay rates are all over the place.

ProsThe only good thing is getting 3 weeks paid vacation the first year - if you start early enough in the year.

ConsLow pay for a lot of responsibility. Lack of opportunity to step up the ladder. Pay rates are all over the place without rhyme or reason. Nepotism. Does not matter if you work your tail off or slack off, you are still going to get a teeny tiny annual raise: not rewarded for hard work (salary raise).

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat company, with great benefits.

ConsThey literally make females, college grads lift and do lots of physical labor, when it should be to a minimal

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more involved. They have a team, just because they dont quit, but according to my experience everyone there was not satisfied.

Recent reorganization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosfocus on work life balance, no late nights in the office, advance opportunities as long as your manager likes you which is not a culture I want to be part of.

Consrecent reorganization - lack of communication, employees feeling at a loss, management not wanting to discuss issue of job loss, lack of strategic plan, talk of 2020 vision is still not clear. lack of communication at all levels within the organization.

Advice to Senior Managementthe company is continuing to go through reorgs, management should be aware of the way they communicate or lack of communication when announcing the reorg. Be open to feedback from impacted employees understanding this is life changing.....

Sales representative/merchandiser

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsLove the benefits
    Great managers
    Great work environment

ConsPay could've been a lot better considering the amount of work you do

Advice to Senior Managementacknowledgement is definitely needed for great workers.

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!