Coca-Cola Company

Updated Jul 10, 2014

3.1 1,204 reviews

Muhtar Kent

1,204 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, big opportunity to relocate, tuition assistance is very easy"
    in 75 reviews
  • "Great work life balance but I'm not sure it was intentional on management's part"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is very challenging as a supervisor you are tied to your phone even on your days off"
    in 57 reviews
  • "Overtime summer time - during the summer expect to work long hours lots of overtime"
    in 80 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

sales

Prosdrives car, people, the benefits

Conshours, scheduling, the low pay

Hard for Career advancement within CDM

Data Analyst (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people, company, and flexible work schedule

ConsCareer Advancement. It is hard to move within this division of Coca-Cola

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen more positions

Lost in a big company

Bulk Merchandiser (Former Employee)
    South Brunswick Terrace, NJ

ProsLots of overtime available during the summer months. Offered competitive pay and mileage reimbursement. Managers were very helpful at times.

ConsThey gave me a hard time when I took off for vacation and my mothers wedding. Only worked on weekends and when the off season came there was no work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your workers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Buy some one a coke...i guess....

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
    Tacoma, WA

ProsGood pay for the job, pretty good benefits. Most people are a pleasure to work with, lots of places to move around, great if you plan to work hard

ConsManagement doesn't always hold people accountable, company lacks some ethics or morality with some product placement (tum-e-yummie's), almost cult like obsession in management

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance would create a healthier work environment. Not everyone wants to go into stores to view displays on there "family" time, accepting that might save management a lot in divorce lawyer fees...

So far, so good

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
    Marlton, NJ

Prosdecent hours, good pay, travel compensation, friendly coworkers

Conslong hours, no training for some equipment, long travel distances at first.

Hard work - decent pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFreedom to manage business and time as you see fit.

ConsNot aggressive enough toward competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales training

Coca-cola has provided me the opportunity to have a great career as a Delivery Driver

ProsBeing out on my own in the truck working with a diverse number of customers. I enjoy the culture of the company and how the managers work with you to make you better everyday. I have learned life long lessons to help me grow professionally and personally in my life. The health benefits are outstanding. The company values are in line with mine. Always do your best, don't take anything personal, be impeccable with your word, and don't make any assumptions, are all important values this company cares about.

ConsI haven't worked with the company long enough to have any cons. I know what I signed up for. They set up the expectations very well for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep providing the support you are giving because we need it all.

in 1975 I started as a refurb tech on vending equip in shop. Before Pembroke Plant was built. Then became a service tech

Cst (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat Supervisors, and Coworkers. Pay was good along with great benifits. Is a great place to work, I worked for Coca-Cola CCE, CCUSA, CCBCC for 32 years.

ConsI really don't have any. Maybe retirement could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe kind to the people that make YOU look good.

Great company to work for!

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
    City of Industry, CA

ProsGlobal Brand, Well-Respected, Fun Environment,

ConsPromotions hard to come by, sometimes achievements overlooked, Very Hard Work

“Fortune 500 Company with a delusion behind it. Once you get into the business IT IS NOT what you see from outside and

Management (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation is fair upon initially starting. Make sure you get all the money up front because once you are hired it is extremely difficult to get annual increase over 3%. Fair benefits including pension.

ConsCareer advancement is all but obsolete making it extremely hard to move within the company. That is unless you are one of the lucky to be “tapped on the shoulder” from someone with clout.
    Lack of necessary learning tools readily available to be productive in any role.
    Lack of work-life balance due to being obligated to be on call 24/7 via cell phone and laptop event when on vacation and off work.
    Management is comprised of the “Good Ole’ Boy” era. The company lacks ethics and moral when it comes to protecting those with tenure making the environment one that is cut throat.
    Lack of accountability when it comes to the leaders of the Market Unit.
    Lack of diversity within leadership (although they make it appear they are a diverse and inclusive company but that only related to frontline associate)
    Extremely y low morale, across all departments, which is directly driven by the business not doing as well as they had forecasted.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage senior management team to genuinely appreciate the employees. It is currently comprised of fake leaders running the Market Unit, with a culture of gossip and “who you know”. Change the culture and environment to where people love to come to work, support the company. Too many times you walk by many people in many different Distribution Centers and when asked, “How are you?” the response is “Living the dream.” What is the dream as if to simply just say "it's just a job, it’s a paycheck".

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coca-Cola Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coca-Cola Company CEO Muhtar Kent. All 1,204 reviews posted anonymously by Coca-Cola Company employees.