Coca-Cola Company

www.coca-colacompany.com

Coca-Cola Company Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Muhtar Kent

Pros
  • Good benefits, big opportunity to relocate, tuition assistance is very easy(in 77 reviews)

• Great work life balance but I'm not sure it was intentional on management's part(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the role, you could potentially have a non-favorable work life balance(in 65 reviews)

• Overtime summer time - during the summer expect to work long hours lots of overtime(in 82 reviews)

25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sales representative/merchandiser

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsLove the benefits
    Great managers
    Great work environment

ConsPay could've been a lot better considering the amount of work you do

Advice to Senior Managementacknowledgement is definitely needed for great workers.

A Coke, and where is the smile?

AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCoca Cola provides great health benefits.

ConsLong hours, and comparatively low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership is very inconsistent. Also, they are not very skilled in evaluating their people. The direct supervisors who work day in and day out with their teams, has the least amount of say in the evaluations of their people. A very 'what have you done for me lately' company. One day your a rising star, and the next your one foot out the door.

good days and bad days

Account Manager (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosflexibility during day
    good benefits
    quality of product

ConsManagement is out of touch with what goes on in trade

You will not see a manager in trade unless they are forced to

Managers can not make a sales call unless a fellow manager is with them. They have a problem doing calls by themselves like others in the company do on a daily basis

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more within company. Working for someone with no experience is bad morale

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Bottling Facility Life is Undesirable!

Supply Chain (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat brand recognition for my first job
    Other interns that were the same age
    Opportunity to learn every facet of the business

ConsUpper management at facility did a poor job of creating meaningful projects for interns
    Barely any communication between direct manager and interns
    Decisions are implemented slowly and involve a lot of politics

Thieves and clowns

Account Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFuture employers will be impressed that you are were associated with Coca-Cola.

ConsPoorest incentivized sales team in the united states. Telemarketers have more excitement about making sale then do Coke sales associates.
     I have been an employee for over ten years and have watched a once great company, that I was so proud to work for, become a revolving door circus, where the most touted individual is the one who can create the most mesmerizing spread sheet with Excel.
     Key account reps, regional Directors, V.P.s and so on have made life long careers out of creating slide shows.
     The amount of work done above the Account Manager level is negligible. Sam.es men and women are regularly forced to additional work for no pay.
     Benefeits at this company are on the decline as leadership tries to float the yachts of stock holders upon a sea of past employee gains.
     Employees are lied to and led astray in regard to bonus monies, goals to again said bonus, and time of payment of bonus.
     In the past two years CCR as, with out shame, stolen 2 quarterly bonuses from its sales force. Begging their forgiveness with excuses that range from "We had a system crash." to "We lost the numbers."
     Current Coke management are thieves of the highest order, and the lengths they go to to try and hide behind their name plated doors is clownish.
     This is a company that is ripe great pit falls in profit generation. The sales force here has a desire to see its company fail.
     This hog will be turned on.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeg the forgiveness of the families who's tables you have stolen food off of over the past three years. Have a heart and treat our people with dignity.

Team work is essential

Market Development Manager (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosdifferent environment each day . team work atmosphere

Consno loyalty to contributing established employees

I never felt like I would be promoted to a higher level

District Sales Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosthe people you work with

Consunrealistic goals....people hosen for promotion before hand

Advice to Senior Managementunethical behavior by trying to reach year-end numbers

Great Company, I really like my job

Account Manager - Large Store (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI really enjoy working here and the people are so friendly and nice. What I love most about this company is that they really have your back as an employee. I have worked for companies where you are always scared to make a mistake and you are scared you will lose your job. I have never felt that way at Coke. They use your mistakes as a way to teach you and make you better. The manangment really cares about their employees and they treat you with hight levels of respect. The BENEFITS ROCK!! You get 18 days paid vacation your first year w/ the option to purchase additional 'unpaid vacation" the 2nd year. I chose to purchase 2 extra days this year and have 4 weeks vacation my 2nd year at the company. The 401K is amazaing and so are all the health benefits. The hours are very flexible and they pay very well for gas mileage if you are out in the trade.

ConsThey are always changing and sometimes you feel like as soon as you get comfortable w/ one way of doing things then they change it. Also, you have a lot of different things you are graded on as a sales rep and it's hard to really be able achieve all the goals.. so you sometime you have to pick and choose what you are going to focus on at any given time. It's really not possible to achieve them all at the same time. Sometimes what upper managment decideds to focus on and push for doesn't really make sence at store level and that gets frusterating.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the employess about what is and is now working out in the trade. I would advise that the case amounts and focus on Monthly Priorities be adjusted depending on the stores volume and demographic.

Culture shock!

Production (Current Employee) Grand Prairie, TX

ProsMedical, dental, three weeks vacation.
    One of the most recognized trademarks in the entire world.

ConsLack of managerial support, management says field policy supersedes corporate policy (field policy is whatever management and human resources chooses regardless of whether fair/correct or not) Management has no idea what they're doing, they manage through intimidation and fear backed up by human resources. G.P.,Tx. Location.

Advice to Senior ManagementLocation is a runaway train at shareholders expense!

Great career experience.

Manager FP&A (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCareer advancement opportunities, training, great products.

ConsBig company = big bureaucracy.

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!