Coca-Cola Company

Updated July 20, 2014
1,313 Reviews

1,313 Reviews

Muhtar Kent

Pros
  • Good benefits, big opportunity to relocate, tuition assistance is very easy (in 79 reviews)

• Great work life balance but I'm not sure it was intentional on management's part (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the role, you could potentially have a non-favorable work life balance (in 65 reviews)

• Overtime summer time - during the summer expect to work long hours lots of overtime (in 82 reviews)

More Highlights

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Coordinator

Current Employee - Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Houston, TX

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

hours were long but beneficial

Great job in the right area

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

Pros

Great culture and good benefits with numerous possibilities

Cons

Management will over workload your position

Hire realisticly and spread the wealth

Do you want to be a temp?

Former Employee - A/R Manager  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - A/R Manager in Sugar Land, TX

Pros

I was fortunate to work with some great people, I miss working with them. Mostly everyone was professional and very helpful with any questions and training.

Cons

When I interviewed, I was lead to believe that I was going for a permanent position. Then when the offer arrived, I was blindsided that I was going to be a temp. I was a company referral and at no point did the temp agency assist me in getting my position, so why should they get compensated?

Once I started, I learned the truth that all new positions were being temped out. However, since I was a "manager," I was told I would go perm any day. After eight months of lies and illusions, my position was eliminated due to "budget." It was funny that I was the only temp cut on my team, but all temp positions come out of the same budget. Discrimination at its finest, it runs rampant throughout the company.

Hire some competent senior management that actually know what they are doing. I have never seen so many managers that work in finance that do not know excel to save their life or SAP. They dump their work on their staff, but keep their high title and pay. It is baffling to me that a manager that has been with the company for 30+ years does not know what a pivot table is.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nonplussed

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Sugar Land, TX

Pros

1) Great learning environment because of top down information and skill set asymetry. If you come in wanting to learn how to build new ERP systems without any help, this is the place. I came in knowing nothing about SAP and am leaving with near ABAP programmer level understanding of how the different modules interact with one another. It's anybody's game as far as wanting to learn about systems in this company. All it takes is your desire to learn.

2) Great work life balance but I'm not sure it was intentional on management's part

3) Some really great people to work with. The emphasis is on some.

Cons

1) CCR payscale is a joke. Salary ranges took a massive hit to the downside even though the work is the same.
    2) Benefits are laughable. Think IBM.....
    3) Management disinterested in developing the talent pool and focused on the impossible growth targets.
    4) Management employs tired incoherent old consulting jargon/talking points on almost everything you ask them. If you love hearing about synergy, 30 thousand ft birds eye views, boiling the oceans, body of work, circling back, cross pollinated effiiciencies, more with less and more synergy, then you have the stamina of a true Spartan and the hall of heroes awaits you in Valhalla.

It may be beneficial for management to retake some basic economics courses to understand how income and consumption models work. Squeezing blood from a stone generally doesnt work.

Not the company that your peers know of it being years ago!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Reputation among family and friends.

Cons

Low pay, low employee appreciation, most management uses intimidation to get results.

Treat your employees fair and the results will come easily.

offered a lot of benefits until lately

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX

Pros

discounts from cable, cellular bills, great work schedule, competitive pay

Cons

people quit often and their responsibilities became yours, often worked 6 days straight, 12-13 hour days.

Find a schedule that is consistent so that time could be spent with families, amongst other things. 6 days a week and the day varied could wear down anyone.

Coca-Cola Refreshments is in a constant state of change and there's no clear direction from management.

Current Employee - Senior Shopper Marketing Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Shopper Marketing Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

There are some really great people in this organization.

Cons

There is no structure in the chaos.

Communicate with your people instead of rolling everything out in PowerPoint phases.

Great Brand Name, EXTREMELY POOR Management!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The people you work with are great, dedicated, and hardworking.

Cons

Upper management is delusional, they have too many initiative going at one time, unrealistic goals and demands. They do not pour into the employees, no training, no development plans, no defined career paths, and NO work life balance. The more you work, the more they demand. You will get burned out quickly.

Develop training for your employees and set clear concise goals. Slow down and stop trying to do too many things at one time, get one initiative under control before launching another.

Coca Cola's growth plan seems to be overworking their current employees and giving them impossible goals.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Benefits are great and you are eligible upon employment

Cons

No work-life balance. Long hours in an unprofessional work environment for little pay.

Work on turn-over. We were constantly understaffed and lost an account manager every other week. This inconsistency brought morale down and forced employees to work extra hours

Getting too big

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Adaptation of new technologies through the company.

Cons

The number of stores per Sales person needs to be reduced as the number of products increases. Micro management in a big company kills creativity.

At Sales centers level,

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!