Coca-Cola Company Reviews

Reset
3.2
Coca-Cola Company Chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent
Muhtar Kent

Pros
  • There was a good work life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Strong brand good benefits global opportunities (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is very challenging as a supervisor you are tied to your phone even on your days off (in 74 reviews)

• I had to work a lot of very long hours (in 90 reviews)

1,787 Employee Reviews

1. Exciting Place to Work at the Pinnacle of the Marketing Industry

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

There is something new every day! In industry, there is no more respected company and everyone will take your call and is excited to be a partner. And Free Beverages throughout the day!

Cons

Very little true process, which makes it difficult to get projects through to market.

Advice to Management

Allow for a Google-like flexibility in developing specialized areas of expertise.

2. CCE Talent Acquisition is a great place to work

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

It's a recognized brand all over the world, great management team that has innovative ideas for our Talent Acquisition team. No micro-management. Work/life balance is very important to leadership team. TA Manager and Supervisor are bringing great ideas and changes to our team. In the past 6 months since new management came onboard, things have changed for the better. It's almost like a "family" atmosphere.

Cons

Wish they gave you more vacation time off.. only 2 weeks (for less than five years). Most companies I have worked for, give you 3 to start. Sometimes, you do have to put in long hours during the summer but it's the nature of the business.

CCE, A Great Place To Work & Grow

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Maspeth, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Maspeth, NY

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

The best reasons to work for CCE is the pay is good, the hours aren't crazy, and there are many opportunites to grow within the company. Many people who complain about the company don't know what they are talking about. NY is the hardest market and for people to complain in less hectic market units it isnt a fair comparison. Things in the Northeast are run tight and the management works well with other staff. CCE is a good job if you work hard and make your presence/name known to all management,

Cons

There Are No Downsides Working At Coca Cola Enterprises

Advice to Management

I think Senior Management Could Develop A More Organized Trimester Bonus Structure

Hard Physical Work

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

If you work hard you will be rewarded. From the merchandising position you can one of two areas. Into sales or driving + warehouse. The job has a lot of perks for not having to have a college degree and there are many ways to move up.

Cons

There can be very long days along with the physical rigors of the job.

Advice to Management

Be supportive and promote from within when the candidate shows a possibility for success.

6. Innovative engineering

Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineering Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

Welcoming and respective atmosphere in engineering. A lot of innovation is occurring at Coke. A lot of talent and diversity is seen in the engineering group. The people working in the group are very helpful and knowledgeable. There is a sense of camaraderie among the engineering group that makes it stand out. And of course, free drinks.

Cons

Amount of time put in, but can change work week accordingly

Advice to Management

It seems that the deadlines set by marketing interrupt the flow in the engineering group

7. Coca Cola

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

Coca Cola is an incredibly supportive company and a great place to work. Everyone I met there was kind and helpful, and many opportunities existed for employees to have a fun day at work (promotional activities, free concerts, celebrity appearances). Offices are wonderful and free coke is everywhere!

Cons

Coca Cola does not have a very large young workforce---most people are over 30. Also, the large company aspect makes it difficult to move up at times.

Advice to Management

I would advise upper management to focus more on looking at their in-house resources and establish more measures for promotion through and throughout the department.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Paralegal II in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Paralegal II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

The Company is an awesome place to work. Most of the employees are willing to help you and take pride in their work. If you want to take on challenging assignments, depending on the lawyers you support, the opportunities are there.

Cons

There aren't any promotion opportunities for paralegals. In order to be promoted you have to want to give up your profession in law and start over on the business side or leave the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work overall. Sr. Mgmt in Legal division should consider promotion opportunities for paralegals.

9. Good place to work

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

The hours are a bit early if you're full time and set for the weekend. Pay is good. I'm a weekender and there were 105 applications when I hired on. Everyone wants to work here because of the good pay and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Might be a bit too lax in regulations.

Advice to Management

Institute Personal Management Interviews.

10. Overall a great Experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

Very competitive wages and benefits package for similar careers. Great communication within all parts of the company. Good schedules. Lot's of vacation days!

Cons

I have found it difficult to advance within the company. There are a lot of overqualified persons so competition is very tough. The sales centers seem to hire within rather than transferring from a different area of the company.

Advice to Management

Give more opportunity for advancement/challenges. Incentive pay is great, but maybe offering more responsibility as well.

11. The Coca-Cola Company is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

Brand recognition, loyalty, committment to excellence, global strength is unparalleled anywhere else, breadth of portfolio, interest by people outside of Coke.

Cons

Work life balance is sometimes questionable. Management sometimes disconnected wth subbordinates, needs to work more on being rewards based on results driven culture. Too old school culturely speaking.

Advice to Management

Invest more in employees in order for them to develop; have more opportuities abroad for employees that are lower than group or division presidents. There is a lot of untapped talent - you just need to look for it and help this talent develop.

Showing 1,787 of 1,914 reviews