Coca-Cola Company

Coca-Cola Company Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.1 1,223 reviews

Muhtar Kent

Pros
  • Good benefits, big opportunity to relocate, tuition assistance is very easy(in 77 reviews)

• Great work life balance but I'm not sure it was intentional on management's part(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the role, you could potentially have a non-favorable work life balance(in 65 reviews)

• Overtime summer time - during the summer expect to work long hours lots of overtime(in 82 reviews)

1,223 Employee Reviews

Horrible experience

Production (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsPay was good, benefits were average.

ConsHours. You are expected to work 60 hrs per week and also weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign. Let people that know what they are doing take over.

Driver/ merchandiser

Driver Merchandiser (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThe pay is ok my fellow drivers are great. Medical is ok home every night trucks are in good shape great customer's

ConsNo set routes not being treated like a human being your just a number if you work for this company you loose your soul this company will break you i've given 4 years of my life to them that i will never get back

Advice to Senior Management2014 vision meeting what a joke set routes more efficient routing did not happen angry vindictive supervisor and im supposed to be an ambassador i am the front line of this company customer's hate the sales people the blind orders the pricing fail fail

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

If I could buy the world a Coke... It would still be a bad place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

Pros3 weeks paid vacation, 9 paid holidays upon hire. Working for #1 recognized brand in the world.

ConsStarted out as a great place to work 9 years ago. Moved to a sales position. Not paid on commission. Bonus structure is unclear and never fully attainable. Must use personal vehicle for transportation. There is a reimbursement, but unless you drive a base model Chevy compact, it doesn't cover the payments. More emphasis on doing what the computer says instead of using common sense. Encouraged to manipulate accounts that are active. No work/life balance. Pointless meetings with managers reading off a slideshow put together by Atlanta. We have too many stores to manage to properly. There is only time for about 25% of them to get done. The rest of the stores, you must rush through and do a half-ass job.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has little flexibility on what they can do. This goes so the way up the chain. Advice to senior management: enough with the pointless meetings and inapplicable training. Bring us a commission based bonus system and watch your stocks soar.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

“Fortune 500 Company with a delusion behind it. Once you get into the business IT IS NOT what you see from outside and

Management (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation is fair upon initially starting. Make sure you get all the money up front because once you are hired it is extremely difficult to get annual increase over 3%. Fair benefits including pension.

ConsCareer advancement is all but obsolete making it extremely hard to move within the company. That is unless you are one of the lucky to be “tapped on the shoulder” from someone with clout.
    Lack of necessary learning tools readily available to be productive in any role.
    Lack of work-life balance due to being obligated to be on call 24/7 via cell phone and laptop event when on vacation and off work.
    Management is comprised of the “Good Ole’ Boy” era. The company lacks ethics and moral when it comes to protecting those with tenure making the environment one that is cut throat.
    Lack of accountability when it comes to the leaders of the Market Unit.
    Lack of diversity within leadership (although they make it appear they are a diverse and inclusive company but that only related to frontline associate)
    Extremely y low morale, across all departments, which is directly driven by the business not doing as well as they had forecasted.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage senior management team to genuinely appreciate the employees. It is currently comprised of fake leaders running the Market Unit, with a culture of gossip and “who you know”. Change the culture and environment to where people love to come to work, support the company. Too many times you walk by many people in many different Distribution Centers and when asked, “How are you?” the response is “Living the dream.” What is the dream as if to simply just say "it's just a job, it’s a paycheck".

HORRIBLE!!!

Order Builder (Current Employee) Macon, GA

ProsThere's no good reason to work here seriously

Cons1.) The schedule is 4pm until Everything is finished so you have no idea of when you're getting off of work
    2.) They're unwilling to work with you in regards to school schedule
    3.) They lied to me every step of the way in regards to employee daily life
    4.) You get paid by the number of cases you pick not by the hour(which is a lie don't believe them when they tell you in the interview that you'll make more
    5.) Management is HORRID!!!
    6.) They cheat you in time almost every pay period and only fix it when u bring it to their attention.

This is by far the worst job I ever had I beg you to stay away this is where careers go to die

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of you need to be fired

Not what you expect from a Fortune 500 company...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay was decent, benefits from day 1 and you get to tell people that you work for a well known company.

ConsNo work/life balance, no growth opportunities, no training, plenty of people who are willing to throw their co - workers under the bus.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally listen to your people...

One of the worst job I have ever had.

Production - Filler Operator (Current Employee) Howard, PA

ProsNone. None. None. None. My five words.

ConsBad management. But hey, "share happiness", right?

Advice to Senior ManagementTry listening to the people that actually make your product, and for Christs sake, START LEADING BY EXAMPLE. Get rid of the "do as I say but not what I do" attitude.

A Great Company before Cuts and Diversity PUSH! Forced out due to AGE, Gender and Salary after 25+ devoted years!!

Key Account Manager/DSM (Former Employee) Saint Charles, MO

Pros#1 Brand in the World 10 years running until 2013 when I left! Good People, who given the correct tools and upper management support and direction, could flourish.

ConsNo Work Life Balance. Big push under the guise of Diversity and Inclusion. I felt their Diversity push but not any inclusion. It is all about share holder value and cutting costs including pay. Bring in 20 something's with Zero experience and pay them 1/2 as much as knowledgeable seasoned employees with relationships. They are always cutting something to appear somewhat profitable ie: Company social events cancelled, Hiring freeze in August to EOY, 15,000 jobs cut 1 year, Company Cars taken the next and it goes on and on! I couldn't even take a million dollar customer out to lunch on them so I paid for it out of my own pocket!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management is an OLD Boys network which is now so arrogant they believe ANYONE can sell Coke! Management get a CLUE it is only caramel colored soda water! You must be part of the "Group" to get noticed, appreciated or recognized. They really hated it when I won all the sales contests but wouldn't become a groupie!!

RUN! Don't let the name fool you. Time to jump ship, it is SINKING fast!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsCompetitive compensation, recognized brand on resume

ConsDon't let the name fool you. Coke's slogan is Open Happiness, but the production plant in Honolulu is not representative of the brand. Perhaps Open Misery might be more fitting. If offered a salary position, run! Not worth the amt of hours you have to put in, as at least if you're hourly, you get paid overtime, which there is lots of. Lots of downtime due to machines breaking down. Management stresses less overtime, but doesn't do anything to remedy the situation when it is what it is...what can one do? Unclear on job description and job hrs during initial hire. Company is highly dysfunctional at the plant level and system-wide. For such a large company, you would think they have better training programs for front-line associates. Their training sucks and is akin to dropping you in a pool before you learned the basics to swim. Constantly understaffed due to high turnover. When people quit, you end up having to do more work. Have to look externally for qualified candidates as they can’t promote anyone within who is qualified as they have already left the company. Antiquated and not well thought through policies. Company has gotten leaner and meaner. Working at coke you would think you could score some free coke...Nopes! Cheap company when it comes to their employees and capital investment in plant equipment and personnel. High turnover (over 20 in the past year and a half), constant low morale, long hours, high stress with bosses breathing down your neck. Management bullies and threatens to write you up for even the smallest gaffe. They rule through fear and intimidation. Incompetent management has no clue how to manage people or work load. Unable to even take breaks at times. You are made to feel you should be happy to have a job. Managers can know less than their subordinates and are not held accountable for high turnover or complaints. Managers have unrealistic expectations. Uncaring management with inflated egos who only think of their own survival within the company. They will figure out a way to get rid of you if they want to. Management will hold you responsible for anything and everything (BLAME CULTURE). Some managers themselves do not know how to run the machines and have no prior production experience, when machines break down, their only question is how long til its fixed and up and running again. I would have prisoners work production at Coca-Cola as that would be a fitting punishment. They will work you to death and treat you like garbage. Production operates like a 3rd world sweat shop. There are limited job advancement opportunities. Rather than working your way up the corporate ladder, you may have lateral movement or may even be offered a position LOWER on the ladder. Gone are the days where a career is made at the company, you are just a number to them. They don't care about you at all, just their bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue you your employees and treat them with respect. Customers and employees are what sustains a company, so don't just suck up to consumers, but also to employees. Realize what you yell at us for and demand. Good employees are leaving and the company doesn't do a thing about it. Company doesn't care. Coca-Cola’s growth plan seems to be to overwork their employees to make more soda, for a market that is consuming less and less each day. True measure of a business leader is if the company lasts through time. I don’t see that happening when Coca-Cola chooses profits over productivity and is not spending enough on equipment and workers. I see Coca-cola going into irrelevancy just like JC Penny, Blackberry, Radio Shack, etc. Executive compensation is at an all time high, at the expense of employees wages which are barely enough to get by. Management should influence, inspire, and motivate employees so that they feel valued, as well as serve as role models, not rule like dictators

As far as the sales force. Great experience. Great company to 'put up' with to gain credentials on resume.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGaining industry experience.
    -Pension plan
    -Decent insurance plan

Cons-No investment in sales team: No company car, company cell phone is old school 1990 flip phone, no expense account.
    -No clear constant direction.
    -Too many dog and pony shows for execs.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your sales team to keep them around. Companies in the field sales industry offer company cars, phones capable of accessing email, and thorough training! Companies see the value in their team and keep them around by offering competitive perks.

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!