Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. Reviews

Reset
3.1
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. Chairman & CEO John F. Brock
John F. Brock

Pros
  • Good benefits no stress on the job (in 7 reviews)

• Good pay, great colleagues and a very inspiring brand (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work, long hours and too much work in a normal day (in 12 reviews)

• Low promotion opportunity and low pay considering (in 5 reviews)

Nightmare on CCE Street!!!!!!

Former Employee - Sales Analyst in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Analyst in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Consistent paycheck. Personal growth through adverse conditions. Fine dining and hotel rooms for top performing teams.

Cons

Horrible management and consistent 12+ hour days! My manager went out of her way to make things difficult and hard. I was one of 4 women to leave as a result of her. She constantly lied to me and cut me down wherever possible. HR offered very little to no support and I ultimately had to leave due to being on the verge of a complete and utter breakdown from having to go into battle on a daily basis. There was intentional infliction of emotional distress, harassment for taking personal time and zero training/support. There were also unrealistic inflated egos and racial and sexist comments were regularly made. This is a good ol' boys company; women worthy enough to hold a managerial role seem to be more vicious as a result!

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention on how your TBT's are being managed from management to entry level. When someone is having managerial problems, REALLY try to help them instead of only looking out for yourself. Training for managers on how to be good leaders is SEVERELY needed!

The management/leadership team members are unprofessional, unscrupulous, and concerned with "their" success = bonu$

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Pros

After leaving I've regained my health and got to know my family again. CCE offers pop at a discount to employees.

Cons

Dulce, Mona, unrealistic expecations, changing the rules after giving the orders, making you guess and never having the right answer. Severe lack of leadership and intelligence. Calling a meeting at 6 PM when you have just packed your computer and are walking out the door. Calling meetings before you report to work and admonishment for missing it. Performance appraisals were used as the dump all - get even, not at all constructive and helpful.

Advice to Management

Get a real HR department. Train managers to work with people. Think about a life/work balance to retain the good people. Drop the master/slave attitude. Adhere the laws, GAAP, and SOX regulations

No room for growth, don't get stuck here

Former Employee - Account Manager in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Hauppauge, NY

Pros

You are not stuck in an office and get to travel to different accounts around your specified territory Casual attire

Cons

No room for growth Using your own car - gas mileage reimbursement was not very good and wear and tear People get stuck there for years Unrealistic expectations Nothing is ever good enough Expected to work ridiculous hours Called in for meetings in the early morning (5:00 AM) out of nowhere

Advice to Management

Give people realistic goals that they can attain and do not call people out at the morning meetings. This was very unprofessional.

I would have to say this was a very painful employment experience

Current Employee - Account Manager in Landover, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Landover, MD

Pros

The only pro was the people that I worked with. They were for the most part very helpful and enjoyable to be around.

Cons

As an account manager coca-cola expects you to work 12 hour days with no breaks. You are expected to carry a computer with you at all times check emails, sign up customers on various programs and a host of other administrative duties all while visiting any where from 13-18 customers a day. Additionally, they do not provide a company car and will only pay mileage however, it does not work in the account manager's favor since you are working within a very tight territory. It is also a very physically demanding job, that requires many duties to be carried out while in each small store account. One of the biggest issues was the lack of support from direct management and the overall disrespect from the customer base. If you like being treated like garbage everyday this is the job for you.

Advice to Management

Create work life balance for you your employees.

Good company, Bad management

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When out in the " trade ", you avoided upper management.

Cons

The Southern California part of the business is built on riding the backs of your subordinates. I once casually mentioned to a Senior Vice President what a good job one individual was doing. His reply was " I only want to here about who's not doing a good job". Your bonus was based on certain criteria, as with any company. The problem was that they would change the criteria to suit the Branch after the qualified period had ended, usually costing you most if not all of your bonus. This was by far one of the worst companies I ever had the displeasure of working with. Take some good advice and stay away from this company unless you like high stress, low pay and bad working conditions.

Advice to Management

Atlanta.... Take a closer look at your management team in Southern California if you really even care at all.

7. Horrible company to work for

Current Employee - Driver in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Driver in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I guess the only pro is decent pay before overtime. Overtime is barely minimum wage

Cons

I have been working for this company for 8 years now, they take advantage of their employees drivers have to work 60 hours a week and only get paid minimum wage for over time. I go to work at 5:30 am and barely get home to tuck my kids into bed. Im a fast worker too. This is litterally back breaking work. Management sucks when you try to talk to them about issues they play dumb and say "they'll check it out and get back to you" you will never hear back. When Mike took over at the Tampa plant everything went to hell!

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees and try standing op for them instead of being doormats.

Merchandiser

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work in the field and do not have any looking over your shoulder or micro-managing your work. Benefits are excellent, good health plan, 401-k plus they still have a pension.

Cons

Job is physical and can be damaging to your health if done for a sustained period of time. Good friend of mine worked at it for 25 years and had both knees and both hips replaced during his career. This job is the dumping grounds for everything. Everything is the merchandisers fault and credit is never given for anything. Hard to imagine a more demoralizing or negative environment. There is almost zero chance for advancement. Turnover is staggering so if you do a great job, they want to keep you in that role. Even with a college degree you wont even get an interview for a higher position. If you are fresh out of high school and need a job while you are trying to figure out your career path then this job might be OK, just don't get trapped into staying, they will never promote you.

Advice to Management

Management must develop people and promote from within, hiring from the outside exclusively will continue to result in lots of good young talent heading out the door and potentially going to your competitors. HR has all sorts of career development programs but in the sales and distribution part of the company it is being ignored. Revamp HR and pay attention, no wonder Pepsi is whipping our tails now.

9. over worked, under payed, bad work environment

Pros

drive your own vehicle to multiple locations

Cons

negativity with bosses who are unhappy theirselves

Advice to Management

treat hard working employees with better salary

10. The worst experience in 25 years of employment.

Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brand name. Fortune 500. Decent salary.

Cons

Did not pay timely. Checks were often months late and usually wrong. Benefit plan was a shambles. No one cared. Very unprofessional organization.

Advice to Management

Glad the organization closed.

11. One of the worst experiences I have had in my professional career.

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be (under)paid on time.

Cons

If you're black and a black male in particular, expect racism, racial discrimination and hostility in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Turn from your wicked ways and eliminate your racist corporate culture and practices.

RSS Feed </> Embed