Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. Managing Director Leendert den Hollander

Leendert den Hollander

Pros
  • Good pay, great colleagues and a very inspiring brand (in 6 reviews)

• Great benefits and compensation (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work, long hours and too much work in a normal day (in 11 reviews)

• Senior management is poor not inspiring and not empowering of talent and challenge (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

The worst experience in 25 years of employment.

Human Resources (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBrand name. Fortune 500. Decent salary.

ConsDid not pay timely. Checks were often months late and usually wrong. Benefit plan was a shambles. No one cared. Very unprofessional organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementGlad the organization closed.

over worked, under payed, bad work environment

Prosdrive your own vehicle to multiple locations

Consnegativity with bosses who are unhappy theirselves

Advice to Senior Managementtreat hard working employees with better salary

Bullying management at coca cola

Forlk Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) Sidcup, England (UK)

ProsMy work colleagues was ok to work with

ConsThe mansgers in Sidcup where bullies.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the bulling.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible place to work! Stay away from HR

Human Resources (Former Employee) Uxbridge, England (UK)

ProsFree drinks in vending machines
    Flexi time

ConsPoor benefits and bonus
    Terrible leadership
    Unethical treatment of employees
    Politics and network driven
    Claims diversity (but this is only on paper)
    Poor pay and not fairly given amongst people in the same role
    Poor communication
    Moving roles across all the time
    No training given therefor very disfunctional as an organization
    Too few head counts
    Too little time more focus on numbers than actually quality of work
    Insecurity and Gossip in the office at all times due to no transparency and poor communication from leadership
    Allot of talk and politics, little action to back it up.
    Promote people for for who they know rather than for their performance

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff they know the customers best.
    Clear communication and transparency needs to be priorotized.
    Stop changing roles and force people to change roles without even asking first.
    Motivate your staff
    Stop talking down to your staff
    Give training on new hires and when swapping roles internally
    Pay for overtime
    Better bonus scheme and pay
    Do not hire friends and family, work is not a private network
    Make it more diverse and hire more Staff from different nations in leading
    Roles, not just from France
    French work culture does not apply in the UK!

Merchandiser

Merchandiser (Former Employee) Saint Charles, MO

ProsYou get to work in the field and do not have any looking over your shoulder or micro-managing your work. Benefits are excellent, good health plan, 401-k plus they still have a pension.

ConsJob is physical and can be damaging to your health if done for a sustained period of time. Good friend of mine worked at it for 25 years and had both knees and both hips replaced during his career.

This job is the dumping grounds for everything. Everything is the merchandisers fault and credit is never given for anything. Hard to imagine a more demoralizing or negative environment.

There is almost zero chance for advancement. Turnover is staggering so if you do a great job, they want to keep you in that role. Even with a college degree you wont even get an interview for a higher position. If you are fresh out of high school and need a job while you are trying to figure out your career path then this job might be OK, just don't get trapped into staying, they will never promote you.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement must develop people and promote from within, hiring from the outside exclusively will continue to result in lots of good young talent heading out the door and potentially going to your competitors. HR has all sorts of career development programs but in the sales and distribution part of the company it is being ignored. Revamp HR and pay attention, no wonder Pepsi is whipping our tails now.

Horrible company to work for

Driver (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI guess the only pro is decent pay before overtime. Overtime is barely minimum wage

ConsI have been working for this company for 8 years now, they take advantage of their employees drivers have to work 60 hours a week and only get paid minimum wage for over time. I go to work at 5:30 am and barely get home to tuck my kids into bed. Im a fast worker too. This is litterally back breaking work. Management sucks when you try to talk to them about issues they play dumb and say "they'll check it out and get back to you" you will never hear back. When Mike took over at the Tampa plant everything went to hell!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to your employees and try standing op for them instead of being doormats.

Good company, Bad management

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWhen out in the " trade ", you avoided upper management.

ConsThe Southern California part of the business is built on riding the backs of your subordinates. I once casually mentioned to a Senior Vice President what a good job one individual was doing. His reply was " I only want to here about who's not doing a good job". Your bonus was based on certain criteria, as with any company. The problem was that they would change the criteria to suit the Branch after the qualified period had ended, usually costing you most if not all of your bonus. This was by far one of the worst companies I ever had the displeasure of working with. Take some good advice and stay away from this company unless you like high stress, low pay and bad working conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAtlanta.... Take a closer look at your management team in Southern California if you really even care at all.

I would have to say this was a very painful employment experience

Account Manager (Current Employee) Landover, MD

ProsThe only pro was the people that I worked with. They were for the most part very helpful and enjoyable to be around.

ConsAs an account manager coca-cola expects you to work 12 hour days with no breaks. You are expected to carry a computer with you at all times check emails, sign up customers on various programs and a host of other administrative duties all while visiting any where from 13-18 customers a day. Additionally, they do not provide a company car and will only pay mileage however, it does not work in the account manager's favor since you are working within a very tight territory. It is also a very physically demanding job, that requires many duties to be carried out while in each small store account. One of the biggest issues was the lack of support from direct management and the overall disrespect from the customer base. If you like being treated like garbage everyday this is the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate work life balance for you your employees.

No room for growth, don't get stuck here

Account Manager (Former Employee) Hauppauge, NY

ProsYou are not stuck in an office and get to travel to different accounts around your specified territory
    Casual attire

ConsNo room for growth
    Using your own car - gas mileage reimbursement was not very good and wear and tear
    People get stuck there for years
    Unrealistic expectations
    Nothing is ever good enough
    Expected to work ridiculous hours
    Called in for meetings in the early morning (5:00 AM) out of nowhere

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people realistic goals that they can attain and do not call people out at the morning meetings. This was very unprofessional.

The management/leadership team members are unprofessional, unscrupulous, and concerned with "their" success = bonu$

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brandon, FL

ProsAfter leaving I've regained my health and got to know my family again. CCE offers pop at a discount to employees.

ConsDulce, Mona, unrealistic expecations, changing the rules after giving the orders, making you guess and never having the right answer. Severe lack of leadership and intelligence. Calling a meeting at 6 PM when you have just packed your computer and are walking out the door. Calling meetings before you report to work and admonishment for missing it. Performance appraisals were used as the dump all - get even, not at all constructive and helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a real HR department. Train managers to work with people. Think about a life/work balance to retain the good people. Drop the master/slave attitude. Adhere the laws, GAAP, and SOX regulations

Worked for Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!