Coface North America Insurance

Coface North America Insurance CEO Michael Ferrante

Michael Ferrante

Great Place to work.

Small Balance Collections (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsValuable information in training, great people to work with and positive attitude. You get what you put in.

ConsI dont like how, as a new hire in small balance, you are given such a short time-frame before you are required to hit a $10,000/month fee quota and if you dont you are let go. I think that needs restructuring.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

No direction, pressure to get business at any expense

Account Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI Can't think of any,

ConsManagement is difficult to communicate with, large disconnect, very impatient no sense of a team or crew effort, field training absent and had to find my way in the deliverable process. Upper management was always too busy to be contacted. Meetings always canceled at the last minute,

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your model of business, or work with new agencies.

No serious product training and very little support.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice paycheck, commissions never transpire. High employee turnover, no real traction made considering the size of potential market.

Cons1.Paris is disconnected with New Jersey.
    2.Good luck getting answers or a real bid while in the field. Markets are very small and competitors get into bidding wars. Worse than car sales people.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in a long term marketing and branding campaign targeting your markets.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a terrible slave driving environment.

National Sales (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsYou have a job, the culture there is based on closing collection accounts that we eventually go after... in theory sounds good in practice not so much.

ConsCons it collections and they rarely collect the money. So even if you are hitting your goal on paper your rarely get to see any backend money because they simply dont collect.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter skill development

Future is bright but the job is not easy....

Agent (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMy experience with this company has been for the most part positive. Can they improve sure. But they want to do business and tend to bend so that as an agent you can make money. Is it easy by no means. BUT if you work hard and reach out for help you will do well over time.

ConsIt seems that coface internally is struggling with their parent in Paris? Almost as if local management has no say in the way they manage the local business? The local office I am in will do whatever it takes for the agent to write business is this a disconnect?

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps have the upper managers in Paris work in the local offices?

Not good...

Inside Sales (Current Employee)

ProsYou will get hired fast....seems to be relaxed all around.....

ConsDay and a half training??? Not enough and you sound like a used car salesman on the phone. If you like getting hanged up on every 2 minutes, its the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training......dont rush it.

Good place to work, learn and get into the industry.

Agent (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood management, learn from skilled professionals, excellent coaching.

ConsCommunication could be better, lots of hoops to jump through, needs to have more independent power in the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication all around, pay for performance and hold people accountable for their actions.

Not very technical, not a lot of pressure

ProsLaid back work environment and hours, not too much pressure.

ConsNot very motivating to perform. No incentive to work more or harder.

awesome place to work

Business Development Associate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosmanagement is very good at getting you ready to sell

Consthere is no down side to working for coface

Off the charts

Risk (Current Employee) East Windsor, NJ

ProsWide span of control provides workers autonomy completing assignments
    Broad employee base allows for top notch fraternization among colleagues

ConsTall organization has resulted in bureaucratic management, which has resulted in competing group and local procedures
    Competing local products causes poor sales focus
    Annual reviews focus on areas of poor performance, not areas of success leading to poor employee development
    Foreign contracts pay better than local contracts at all levels

Advice to Senior ManagementMost employees looking for career opportunities have left, but by providing managers courses in management, strong employees will stay and return. Rhetoric falls on deaf ears in times like these.

Worked for Coface North America Insurance? Contribute to the Community!