Cofely

Updated December 17, 2014
2.5

Cofely Institutional Relations Marc Fraysse
Marc Fraysse

Lack of investment in staff lowers moral

Former Employee - Finance Clerk
    Former Employee - Finance Clerk

I worked at Cofely (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting and fun team of people.
    Reasonable offices in London.

Cons

Zero staff training.
    Poor leadership from top down.
    Low pay and career opportunities in the company.

Invest in staff.

Most unorganized, unprofessional and unethical company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Control Room in East Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Control Room in East Boston, MA

I have been working at Cofely full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I can honestly say that there are none. Looking back I can not think of one positive experience I had with this company. Upper management, corporate, immediate management and all co-workers were all amazingly awful people to be around. The overall culture of poor ethics, low integrity and petty attitudes ran rampant throughout the company.

Cons

Unethical, unprofessional, mean, incredibly under managed. Most of my supervisors were incredibly under educated and did not belong in their positions. General Manager was an incredible drunk, immediate supervisor was a foreigner and vastly prejudice towards anyone other than "his own". Immediate supervisor was the most unethical person I have ever worked for. Company stealing and overbilling seemed to be an accepted practice and people who called them out on it were immediately fired.

Fire everyone and start over.

Telford MOU, treated like a number and not as a person

Former Employee - Business Operative in Telford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Operative in Telford, England (UK)

I worked at Cofely full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked in the Cofely Telford MOU which dealt with incoming mail for the DWP. Basically opening the letters and arranging them for scanning and indexing. The work was the easiest thing I have ever done, and I was pretty much a pro within a month.
    - Great team atmosphere amongst non-management colleagues
    - Good pension scheme

Cons

- Management had no consideration for people's lives outside of the job. Expected to work totally different shifts (10am-6pm, followed by 6am-2pm, followed by 10am-6pm on one occasion) with no arguments, regardless of childcare arrangements or other factors.
    - Frequently told not to take breaks as scheduled every 2 hours in order to meet an unreasonable deadlines.
    - Instance where one department did 12 hour shifts over Christmas, and were called into the office to be told "watching them work was like watching paint dry"
    - No opportunity for progression. I undertook a range of extra responsibilities such as holiday rotas and productivity figures with the promise of a Team Leader position when it arose (this was said to me by a Supervisor), which did not materialise when the position became open. I received no praise or recognition for my extra work and was expected to continue with it regardless. I ended up refusing.
    - Unfair dismissals: one woman suffered a miscarriage and took time off to deal with it, upon her return she was dismissed for having too much time off.
    - 'Set ups': it is common knowledge within the workplace that the managers 'drive out' people who they dislike from the get go. One man, who openly struggled with depression and anxiety, was refused a probation meeting even after the initial 3 month probation period. He then made an error in his timesheet and was dismissed for falsifying documents. If he had had his probationary meeting, he would have been a permanent member of staff and therefore cautioned rather than instantly dismissed. It is worth noting that many others have made the same timesheet mistake and not been called up on it.
    There was also 2 other instances where 2 Team Leaders were visibly driven out of the company and forced to resign. The Team Leaders in question were moved between different departments on a daily basis and set unreasonable targets, and had their management style criticised, even though all staff were working well. Both of these Team Leaders resigned.
    - Lack of consistency in management. During my time in the company, I had 6 different Team Leaders. There was a period of time when I did not have a clue who I should be reporting to, because it was being changed on a daily basis. For a long period of time there was also only 1 Supervisor out of 3, and no Site Manager.

I urge anyone not to work for this company.

Stable place to work but lacks personal development opportunities.

Current Employee - Business Development Director
    Current Employee - Business Development Director

I have been working at Cofely full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable business and company.
    Relatively neutral to economic downturns.

Cons

Difficult to innovate.
    Management is very old fashioned.

Should drive the business model based on customer trends

Employé dans une entreprise appartement a cofely

I have been working at Cofely

Pros

Aucun avantage professionnel et de carrière

Cons

Manque d organisation et manque de communication

Très Mauvais encadrement des équipes dirigeantes ne tiennent pas compte des avis des techniciens

Former Employee - Technicien in Rambouillet (France)
    Former Employee - Technicien in Rambouillet (France)

I worked at Cofely

Pros

Equipement de travail , CE

Cons

Ne tient pas de l’éloignement des employés

Arrêtez de manipuler les gens , soyez un un peu plus humain et plus professionnel

Des opportunités de travail stimulantes et passionnantes. Exciting and Challenging jobs opportunities

Current Employee - Directeur de projet
    Current Employee - Directeur de projet

I have been working at Cofely full-time (more than 10 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Fait partie du groupe GDF Suez : de nombreuses opportunités de travail dans le monde entier, un développement de talents de grande qualité.

Un domaine stimulant et passionnant : a besoin d'esprits créatifs et d'innovateurs. Cofely a les moyens de prendre

Part of GDF SUEZ Group: lots of worldwide job opportunities, talent development of great quality
    Exciting and challenging industry: need for innovators and creative mindsets, and COFELY has the means to take some risks for challenging projects
    Culture, Values & Ethic : honesty, people centric, sustainable development

Cons

Fait partie du groupe GDF Suez : une entreprise énorme, les décideurs sont donc parfois durs à atteindre et certains cadres moyens peuvent se permettre de commettre un meurtre parle fait de ne pas agir, et ils ne seront pas punis pour cela.

Un domaine stimulant et passionnant : l'énergie et l'environnement risquent de devenir des marchandises et la compétition est très dure sur les marchés des services.

Culture, valeur et éthique : issu de la fusion de Suez et de Gaz de France (c'est-à-dire les finances mariées aux services publics), il y a parfois des tensions entre les unités économiques, et les employés et les cadres ont du mal à savoir où se placer entre les deux.

Part of GDF SUEZ Group: huge organization and thus decision makers are sometimes hard to reach, and some middle management can get away with murder by just not acting and not being blamed for it
    Exciting and Challenging industry : energy & environment is facing the risk of becoming a comodity, and competition on services markets is really tough
    Culture, Values & Ethic: Merger from SUEZ & Gaz De France (i.e. Finance married to Public Services) sometimes create tensions between business units and confusions for employees and managers to figure out where to stand between these two...

Faites la promotion de synergies plus actives entre toutes les parties du groupe GDF Suez. La mobilité internationale devrait être réelle.

Promote more active synergies between all part of the GDF SUEZ Group, and International mobility should be more real