Cofely Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Cofely CEO Han Blokland
Han Blokland

1. Most unorganized, unprofessional and unethical company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Control Room in East Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Control Room in East Boston, MA

I have been working at Cofely full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can honestly say that there are none. Looking back I can not think of one positive experience I had with this company. Upper management, corporate, immediate management and all co-workers were all amazingly awful people to be around. The overall culture of poor ethics, low integrity and petty attitudes ran rampant throughout the company.

Cons

Unethical, unprofessional, mean, incredibly under managed. Most of my supervisors were incredibly under educated and did not belong in their positions. General Manager was an incredible drunk, immediate supervisor was a foreigner and vastly prejudice towards anyone other than "his own". Immediate supervisor was the most unethical person I have ever worked for. Company stealing and overbilling seemed to be an accepted practice and people who called them out on it were immediately fired.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start over.

2. Gas service engineer

Former Employee - Gas Service Engineer in Ipswich, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Gas Service Engineer in Ipswich, England (UK)

I worked at Cofely full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Management are very supportive of engineers

Advice to Management

None

3. Reliable company with great people. That review is for Montreal.

I worked at Cofely full-time

Pros

They are fast pace growing company. Great location. Some very skilled people in the direction Opportunities for young staff

Cons

Not an engineer company, more a technician company working within the system Lots of subcontractors in their integrated business model Not developping expertise, purchasing it I know a lot of people that left the company because they were not paid enough

5. poor management , no prospects

Current Employee - Annon in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Annon in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Cofely full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

cant think of any , i got paid poorly i might add .

Cons

poor management , greedy ,company , will shrink the workforce down to bare minimum and heap all the pressure on existing employees . If your interested and read there business ethos they virtually tell you that is there aim , no real prospects of progression unless your willing to sacrifice your whole life .

Advice to Management

feel sorry for them , deluded , i would not do there job for the money they get .

Stable working place

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Cofely full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large, stable company, flexible working times

Cons

Can't think of any obvious negatives, maybe sometimes boring atmosphere in the office, younger people might be a bit put off as it's not that agile company and things take time, no going out for s beer on Fri.

7. Management by fear

Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at Cofely

Pros

Good client good location there were very few pros as the local managment ruled with a big stick

Cons

Top down agressive managment Management did not understan how to motivate or treat people lack of trust

Advice to Management

Respect your employees Treat people like humans and show them some restect, top management need to go back to the coal face and talk to employees give ownership and trust

8. Telford MOU: Concentration camp for the jobcentre.

Former Employee - Business Operative in Telford, England (UK)

I worked at Cofely full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Operatives are very nice and friendly people. The work is easy, albeit mind numbing, and the lack of training causes constant issues.

Cons

They have no interest in paying you on time, treating you like a human being, and laugh off any concerns you might have. You are treated like a number, and they dehumanize the staff on a regular basis. Zero prospects for advancement: former prison guards chosen for promotion over those with years of managerial experience, management degrees, and any real people skills (shows what kind of people they want... guard dogs, not real leaders). Zero training, and setting up employees to fail is the hallmark of this badly run company.

Advice to Management

Very cliquey management, any concerns or complaints are thrown out. Higher-ups will lie and cover for each other.

9. Lack of investment in staff lowers moral

Former Employee - Finance Clerk
    Former Employee - Finance Clerk

I worked at Cofely (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting and fun team of people. Reasonable offices in London.

Cons

Zero staff training. Poor leadership from top down. Low pay and career opportunities in the company.

Advice to Management

Invest in staff.

10. Telford MOU, treated like a number and not as a person

Former Employee - Business Operative in Telford, England (UK)

I worked at Cofely full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Cofely Telford MOU which dealt with incoming mail for the DWP. Basically opening the letters and arranging them for scanning and indexing. The work was the easiest thing I have ever done, and I was pretty much a pro within a month. - Great team atmosphere amongst non-management colleagues - Good pension scheme

Cons

- Management had no consideration for people's lives outside of the job. Expected to work totally different shifts (10am-6pm, followed by 6am-2pm, followed by 10am-6pm on one occasion) with no arguments, regardless of childcare arrangements or other factors. - Frequently told not to take breaks as scheduled every 2 hours in order to meet an unreasonable deadlines. - Instance where one department did 12 hour shifts over Christmas, and were called into the office to be told "watching them work was like watching paint dry" - No opportunity for progression. I undertook a range of extra responsibilities such as holiday rotas and productivity figures with the promise of a Team Leader position when it arose (this was said to me by a Supervisor), which did not materialise when the position became open. I received no praise or recognition for my extra work and was expected to continue with it regardless. I ended up refusing. - Unfair dismissals: one woman suffered a miscarriage and took time off to deal with it, upon her return she was dismissed for having too much time off. - 'Set ups': it is common knowledge within the workplace that the managers 'drive out' people who they dislike from the get go. One man, who openly struggled with depression and anxiety, was refused a probation meeting even after the initial 3 month probation period. He then made an error in his timesheet and was dismissed for falsifying documents. If he had had his probationary meeting, he would have been a permanent member of staff and therefore cautioned rather than instantly dismissed. It is worth noting that many others have made the same timesheet mistake and not been called up on it. There was also 2 other instances where 2 Team Leaders were visibly driven out of the company and forced to resign. The Team Leaders in question were moved between different departments on a daily basis and set unreasonable targets, and had their management style criticised, even though all staff were working well. Both of these Team Leaders resigned. - Lack of consistency in management. During my time in the company, I had 6 different Team Leaders. There was a period of time when I did not have a clue who I should be reporting to, because it was being changed on a daily basis. For a long period of time there was also only 1 Supervisor out of 3, and no Site Manager.

Advice to Management

I urge anyone not to work for this company.

11. Not one to look after their employees

I worked at Cofely full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros for Cofely are the people and the office culture. Everyone pulls in the right direction. Working as a team to get things done. There is a definite can do attitude.

Cons

The challenges working at Cofely were the senior management. There appeared to be no strategic direction for the organisation. The business is based on large volume small margin and that's how the management think of their staff. They are not concerned with development and career progression. There is also a realisation that there isn't a lot of delegation of authority so nothing can get done.

Advice to Management

The senior management need to outline a strategy for the business and invest in that strategy and the people that will deliver it. I would also recommend delegating authority!

RSS Feed </> Embed