Coffee Bean International

Coffee Bean International Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Patrick Criteser

Great organizational culture. Little room for advancement.

Production Coordinator (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsExciting growth. Great place to work. Some are very passionate about the product, and some are passionate about the subject of sustainability.

ConsRaises have been frozen, and with few opportunities to advance in the company, career development is stagnant. People tend to work in silos. Parent company is out of touch.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople need to be competitively compensated for their work. You will not retain the talented workforce you desire without providing a monetary incentive for people to stay.

Hiring policy (A Big Joke)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThey make the open position look very attractive. So, my qualified friend, whom lives close to the company, applied.

ConsThey recieve qualified resume's, than instead of hiring direct, they contact a staffing agency. The applicant than has to reapply for less pay. They do not want to hire a qualified permanant employee. I believe they are not a good company to work for, and will look for another job. I enjoy coffee, but I will protest their product. With research, I will complain to their clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe American, If you have a position open, than HIRE DIRECT. Do not play games with the truly qualified applicants. You are lossing great employees, tring to save a buck. The temp employees you hire, will look for other work, while at your company. So you will always be hiring for the position.

A great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGreat people to learn from and is a wonderful opportunity for someone who wants to work outside of the box.

ConsCan be frustrating for people that expect a business to work a certain way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Secrecy is alive and well

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsAll the free coffee and tea you can drink. Great espresso bar, casual dress code and beautiful offices. A few really great people and some of the best coffee around.

ConsEmployees are kept isolated and the company operates on secrets. Leadership is non-existent as our standards, goals, procedures, etc. Management decides on an individual basis how to handle product, client and employee issues. So its all about whether they like you, not about whether you are doing a good job or contributing to profitability. Office environment also not very tolerant of minorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen communication and standardized policies. Regular management meetings and clear expectations.

Criteser has gotta go

ProsAll the coffee you can drink, but with all that caffeine people are bouncing off the walls
    Okay office facility

ConsLeadership is self absorbed and little attention is given to the employees
    The business is truly hurting... There is no growth and no opportunity here
    Lots of politics... People spend more time gossiping than doing
    No ethics or integrity

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real, get your head out of the clouds, and pay attention to what really is going on with this company and employee morale. We need real leadership.

Proceed with Caution!

Pros• Great products you can be proud to promote
    • New building
    • Free coffee
    • Fantastic production/ roasting facility and production managers

Cons• Cut-throat culture that points out weaknesses in coworkers which creates low morale
    • Unprofessional atmosphere and office etiquette
    • Excessive socializing and gossiping
    • Non-existent communication from executive management
    • no opportunities for advancement or professional development
    • Low pay for entry level to middle management
    • Office personnel managers with no experience or training to manage people
    • Low-tech IT or office support

Advice to Senior ManagementTo managers; take the time to train anyone who is managing staff. Hire an HR manager today. You have people in leadership positions that are lawsuits waiting to happen. Boost morale by changing to positive and supportive environment.

Awesome community

Barista (Current Employee)

ProsYou get to make good drinks and co-workers. The company is alright. Work with lots of people and fast pace :).

ConsThere is not much benefits. It is hard to get a raise and it takes a while to go to a higher position.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork hard and feel committed. The coffee bean makes spectacular coffee and its top notch. Nothing can compare to it.

Worked for Coffee Bean International? Contribute to the Community!