Cogent Infotech Corp

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary, benefits, decent projects, smart colleagues, very team driven culture

Cons

Tough to survive in this company if you are a average player and looking for a 9 to 5 job

Great career move

Current Employee - Java Programmer  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Java Programmer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been a Cold Fusion programmer for seven years now. I love cold fusion but unfortunately all work is now being done in PHP, .NET etc. They are no jobs available on cold fusion. I tried for a very long time to find a project in other latest technologies such as Java etc. but unfortunately everyone wanted project experience. I got a call from a recruiter at Cogent who told me about this cross training program where they hire programmers similar to my background and cross train them on Java. I took the plunge and went through a rigorous training program and am currently working as a Java programmer with a bank in Philadelphia. My best career move ever.

Cons

The training program is very demanding and majority of the attendees have some Java experience.

Thanks for this great opportunity. I will definitely recommend my other friends that are working in obsolete technologies and want to cross train to Java.

I was given offered

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time

Pros

they seems to promise me the h1b visa during next year just 5 months after sending me the Offer Letter

Cons

Somehow I do not believe what they promised.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Complete lack of support from team and management

Former Employee - Data Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Cogent Infotech Corp for less than a year

Pros

I was hired to do a job where I have a high level of expertise but needed to learn proprietary software.

Cons

I feel that I was rejected because the girl previously doing the job was refused a new work visa by the company and the group was trying to make it appear that only she could do the job in order to get her back. The team refused to train me.

Take note of the number of Indian employees an Indian company has in relation to the population of the USA. Note the discrimination practices.

Experience is more or less good

Current Employee - Java Developer  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good training, certification. Competetive pay. H1 and greencard processing if and when needed

Cons

Weak marketing team. No pay at bench even if you dont get any interview.

Improve the marketing and placement team. Get the stat from them about resume submission and interview/call of the programmer's. Do not blindly trust them crosscheck with programmer.

They kept all the promises

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came to America to do my MS in comp science. After graduation I interviewed with Amazon and other california startups. They were all ready to offer internships but not a permanent job. After struggling for several months I then came to know about cogent thru' a friend. I joined this company with little expectations. But I was gladly surprised. This company delivered whatever they promised me. A great starting salary (slightly higher than offered by california companies), guaranteed year end bonus, super Java training and OCJP certification, 2 year project with a state of florida agency, great benefits and above all they filed my H1 at no cost to me. I get my salary directly deposited in my bank every two weeks....couldn't have asked for more.

Cons

Not many people know about this company. I think they mostly hire through employee referrals.

Market yourself more aggressively. A lot of international students can benefit from this company.

Nothing like the other reviews here.

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp

Pros

Owner is understanding. Teacher is good.

Cons

Too many international students on OPT. Really crowded place to live for training period. They pack like 10 people 3 bedroom place with only one bathroom to shower.

Complete empowerment and entrepreneurial style management

Current Employee - Technical Lead  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined Cogent four years back as a technical lead. Its been a great experience working for this company. Very smart and nice coworkers and senior management. Flex working hours and total empowerment. Couldn't have asked for more.

Cons

Can't think of anything at this time

Keep up the good work

Super healthcare benefits

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked with companies both big and small for 12 years now, but I have never ever seen such low employee contributions. Excellent healthcare coverage from premium providers.

Cons

I guess the company is growing very fast so I really hope they continue to provide good benefits to employees.

Don't forget your company motto that employees are your biggest assets. Keep them happy and satisfied.

Joined Cogent with lot of apprehension. Surprisingly turned out to be good and professional company.

Current Employee - .NET Developer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good training facility, descent pay and raises where according to Industry standards.
    I realized that if I worked well at client site, both company and client recognized the effort. Got what I wanted. H1 already approved and now seriously thinking about applying for my Green Card. HR is very kind and nice.

Cons

Can be better organized. however I have heard that, they have improved the process lately.

Hire more support staff. Lot of top level work is managed by few people.

Worked for Cogent Infotech Corp? Contribute to the Community!