Cogent Infotech Corp

Cogent Infotech Corp Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Cogent Infotech Corp President & Co-Founder Manu Mehta

Manu Mehta

Experience is more or less good

Java Developer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGood training, certification. Competetive pay. H1 and greencard processing if and when needed

ConsWeak marketing team. No pay at bench even if you dont get any interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the marketing and placement team. Get the stat from them about resume submission and interview/call of the programmer's. Do not blindly trust them crosscheck with programmer.

They kept all the promises

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsI came to America to do my MS in comp science. After graduation I interviewed with Amazon and other california startups. They were all ready to offer internships but not a permanent job. After struggling for several months I then came to know about cogent thru' a friend. I joined this company with little expectations. But I was gladly surprised. This company delivered whatever they promised me. A great starting salary (slightly higher than offered by california companies), guaranteed year end bonus, super Java training and OCJP certification, 2 year project with a state of florida agency, great benefits and above all they filed my H1 at no cost to me. I get my salary directly deposited in my bank every two weeks....couldn't have asked for more.

ConsNot many people know about this company. I think they mostly hire through employee referrals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket yourself more aggressively. A lot of international students can benefit from this company.

Nothing like the other reviews here.

ProsOwner is understanding. Teacher is good.

ConsToo many international students on OPT. Really crowded place to live for training period. They pack like 10 people 3 bedroom place with only one bathroom to shower.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Complete empowerment and entrepreneurial style management

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI joined Cogent four years back as a technical lead. Its been a great experience working for this company. Very smart and nice coworkers and senior management. Flex working hours and total empowerment. Couldn't have asked for more.

ConsCan't think of anything at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Super healthcare benefits

Project Manager (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsI have worked with companies both big and small for 12 years now, but I have never ever seen such low employee contributions. Excellent healthcare coverage from premium providers.

ConsI guess the company is growing very fast so I really hope they continue to provide good benefits to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget your company motto that employees are your biggest assets. Keep them happy and satisfied.

Joined Cogent with lot of apprehension. Surprisingly turned out to be good and professional company.

.NET Developer (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood training facility, descent pay and raises where according to Industry standards.
    I realized that if I worked well at client site, both company and client recognized the effort. Got what I wanted. H1 already approved and now seriously thinking about applying for my Green Card. HR is very kind and nice.

ConsCan be better organized. however I have heard that, they have improved the process lately.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more support staff. Lot of top level work is managed by few people.

Something sketchy going on here...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy job offered relative autonomy with good/flexible work hours. I liked the fact that the office was on the outskirts of the actual city of Pittsburgh in an upscale neighborhood; much less traffic.

ConsFielding random calls from frustrated former consultants who have not been paid for their services for months (and sometimes years) and are being ignored by the company can become a bit of a drag, especially when it interferes with your actual job duties. Also, don't expect any direction/training whatsoever. If learning really fast on the fly and basically winging it is not your style, this is absolutely not the place for you. Also, the compensation package is WELL below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something about your generally shady business practices; keep your promises; execute your contractual obligations

Recommend!

Java Programmer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsPerfect working environment with snacks and good compensation

ConsFar from where I live

Good decision to join this company

Java Programmer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI joined cogent after my MS in computer science. Good salary and project and very good immigration support from company. Just received H1 approval. Definitely recommend this company.

Consnone at this point in time

Advice to Senior ManagementGood management

Good compensation

Human Resource and Development (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGood compensation for IT people and a good place to go.

ConsFor no-tech people the salary is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreasing non-tech personnel's salary.

Worked for Cogent Infotech Corp? Contribute to the Community!