Cogent Infotech Corp Reviews

Manu Mehta

1. Excellent Clients, Opportunities, and Job Support

Current Employee - Oracle Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Oracle Consultant in Miami, FL

Pros

I was working in Manila but wanted a job in the U.S. because I have family here, and I wanted to bring the rest over. Cogent provided me with the perfect opportunity on a long-term government project for a great client in Florida, and I am happy to say that it has been nothing short of wonderful. Green Card Processing starts pretty early, and management has been very approachable as well as reasonable. On behalf of myself and my family, I would like to extend my most heartfelt thanks to Cogent for giving me this opportunity. Here’s to many more!

Cons

There were hurdles getting started at first because of government delay in issuing SSN, but Cogent legal counsel worked very hard on expediting the process, and succeeded indoing so promptly.

Advice to Management

Keep up steady growth of company to provide more opportunities to more consultants!

2. Finally got my Green Card!!!! THANK YOU COGENT

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Today is probably the happiest day of my life. I got my Green Card much before what I had expected. This has only been possible only because of Cogent's AWESOME AWESOME immigration department. They have very helpful, knowledgeable, patient, trustworthy people in their immigration department who take matters very seriously. Did not spend a penny for the entire process.

Cons

Are you kidding. There are no cons to this company. Any overseas programmer who desires to get his green card in the US should join this company. Not even the big consulting companies can beat them.

Advice to Management

You are doing a phenomenal job of helping people realize the American dream. Thank you

3. Very glad to be at Cogent Infotech!

Current Employee - Regional Manager - Southwest Region in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Manager - Southwest Region in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm so happy to be at Cogent Infotech. The company is great and growing very quickly. The leadership is very strong and knowledgeable as well as helpful and approachable. Of every work environment that I have encountered, from Fortune 100 to being an entrepreneur - I have to say that this is the best fit for me. They have managed to hire extremely smart team players that actually help you - and help each other. It is so nice, refreshing and also rare. In addition to a great benefits package and strong salary - there is plenty of room for growth and opportunity for the industrious soul. If you have experience and know how to contribute in a substantial manner, this is a great place to be.

Cons

I can't think of any bad things to say. My professional career began in 1994, and I've seen a decent sample of different workplace environments in different industry segments and verticals. This is by far my favorite. I wish I had met Manu, Nandan and Justin sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!! We're busy and growing and you give us all of the tools that we need to be successful.

5. Interview Questions

Current Employee - Software Developer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

The interview process was very straight forward. They conduct interviews in a two step process. First round was pretty simple consisting of very basic questions. Nothing technical. Interviewer was very professional, asked questions like my programming background, my life goals, my academic results. I was contacted a week later for the second round, again very professional, asked questions like, difference between inheritace and abstract class, process to create threads, difference between checked and uncheked exceptions, what is throws keyword, what is finalize method, how to handle exceptions, what is MVC architecture, what is dependancy injection, what is driver in jdbc and also mention the difference between it's types.

Cons

none so far.... i havvent observed that needed any complaints.

Advice to Management

good job...

6. Java Programmer

Pros

People are very nice and helpful.

Cons

Low salary and low expectation

7. Very low health insurance premiums

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company provides medical, dental, life, vision etc. insurance from very good providers. The employee premiums are extremely low compared to what I have been paying in the past.

Cons

They don't provide HSA's as yet

Advice to Management

Keep adding to your benefits package if you have to retain good employees

8. State and Federal clients

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter - Public Sector in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter - Public Sector in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very impressive list of state and federal clients. They are on several long term state IT contracts and various federal acquisition vehicles such as 8a stars etc. The projects are very high visibility, cutting edge and long term

Cons

Very cumbersome background checks that make take several weeks. Because of tremendous demand, there is too much pressure on technical recruiters to make it happen

Advice to Management

Hire more technical recruiters and proposal writers

Great relocation package

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good relocation assistance program. The company moved me from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles for a project. They took care of a major portion of my lease breakage, moved my personal belongings and car, paid for my air ticket and hotel in LA. Couldn't have asked for more.

Cons

The timelines are very aggressive. They just gave me ten days to wind up and relocate

Advice to Management

Quite satisfied with company as of now

10. Exceeding expectations

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cogent Infotech Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for large companies for nearly a decade I got tired of the bureaucracy, average salaries, delayed responses to my genuine problems, average work, zero recognition etc. etc. and finally decided to join a mid-size company where I can just focus on doing quality work and get recognized for it. I joined Cogent one year back and this company has surprisingly exceeded my expectations. The management goes to great lengths to ensure employee satisfaction. Above average salary, year end bonus, benefits and above all a great support system. Its like a tight knit family where everyone is working towards a common goal

Cons

They have limited presence in the west coast

Advice to Management

Open more branches across the country

Very very bad company

Pros

For those who don't know java at all, the training can get you started. And the H1B application system is good.

Cons

All the management people are liars, all. I can recall countless times they lied right in my face. The whole company's business is based on lies. They recruit just graduated student and make up their resume to be 5+ years of working experience and send them to their so-called "clients", before which, they are not going to pay you. Oh yes, before you go to the "client", you have to take the interview from the "client" too. So if you got an offer from Cogent, it means you are still unemployed. Everyone in the company is not doing any work and irresponsible. Nobody is doing their jobs. I don't know how they got 4 stars on glassdoor. Probably another lie too.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed