Cognizant Technology Solutions

Frank D'Souza

72 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Management and HR

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Work Environment and very supportive Management

ConsAs in all the other Indian IT companies, too much politics

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave the politics and continue on the growth path as you are , the only difference will be it will be an exponential growth :) :)

Okay

Waukegan, IL

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBest Customer focus among its peers, and oppurtunity to switch work streams.

ConsHeavy middle management, Salary does not reflect company growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparancy will retain real talent.

Program Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent Work culture and good Team to work

ConsSalary fitment is not right and no growth after some time

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary should be revised as per industry

Career Growth

Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCareer Growth is fast almost throughout the organization except a few bureaucratic verticals. One can get immense exposure if talented

ConsSome pockets of the organization are bureaucratic . Because size of the large and growth rate of the company is very high , peers can be intellectually average

Advice to Senior ManagementAppraisals should be based on talent and achievements rather than on years of experience. Stop being a South India oriented company and target profits rather than revenue.

Good place to start your career

Chicago, IL

ProsTransparent & flat management. Good work environment.

Conssalary revision - although better than the competitors, the gap between a lateral entry and an employee within seems to be growing.

Consulting manager

Consulting Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

Prosleadership team, talent, learning environment

Conspromotional genrenally not based on merit

Manager - Projects

Manager Projects (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible, lot of opportunities to grow, numerous technologies, span across multiple countries you get very good exposure. relatively competitive salary.

Consmore focus on project management and people management. many times your appraisal and growth is decided by how good you are selling yourself to your immediate supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change the appraisal systems. Every quarter an associate should be evaluated and these scores should be considered at the year end appraisal. Focus more on quality and technology, now technical track people ( leads / managers) have no power to control the delivery or internal associates appraisal or promotion.

Not good not bad...

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLively environment to work with so many energetic young managers. Able to learn noew processes and even the company's vision is good and they are on target to achieve those. Policies are little bit employee oriented rather than company oriented which is good

ConsSometimes pros become cons as there are so many employee with less experience in the industry are promoted as Managers and due to this immature promotion, projects are not being handled properly and clients are not satisfied 100%. This doesn't happen in all projects but I could say many...Processes and operational model are also yet to be improved and standardized...

Moderate, not so exciting

Chicago, IL

ProsStrong client relationship makes job stable, long term. Processes green card.

ConsNot so attractive salary package. High medical copay, only 10 days vacation per year. Managers are unhappy when employees want to use vacation time. Appraisal system totally subjective depends solely on the discretion of the manager

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit pay structure. Also revisit the appraisal structure - involve HR persons to conduct appraisals, not PMs.

Cognizant Technology Solutions

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is good company which considers it employees as assets and they take care of employees preferences and interests

ConsIts pay structure is not as per market standards. They are very much project dependent and shift employees very frequently here and there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cognizant Technology Solutions CEO Frank D'Souza. All 72 reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees.