Cognizant Technology Solutions

Cognizant Technology Solutions Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Cognizant Technology Solutions President & CEO Frank D'Souza

Frank D'Souza

Pros
  • Good work culture starting from training to project deliverables (in 501 reviews)

• Better work-life balance as compared to top tier consulting companies (in 422 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance & Onshore opportunities depends on the project you are into (in 291 reviews)

• No work life balance because of nightly offshore calls (in 65 reviews)

More Highlights
82 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

8 years as mainframe developer

Associate (Current Employee) Wheeling, IL

ProsVision, Business values, Customer satisfaction and retention

ConsSalary, lack of proper hierarchy pyramid

Cognizant is one of the top service provider company

Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCognizant is one of the top service provider company and I like its work culture.

ConsCognizant is one of the top service provider company and I like its work culture. I don't see any cons except the salary.

Good Company to work

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood Company to work without concerning salry

ConsGood Company to work if you not care about salary

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent Employer in IT services arena

Architect - Technology (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsStrong business roadmap and well positioned for growth in near term. Constant endevaors to venture out in upcoming and trending technology areas like Social media, analytics etc. Much better place to work and good paymaster for niche skills as compared to its peers like Infosys, TCS etc.

ConsLittle or no attention to employees personal and professional development. Employees are expected to upgrade and acquire new technologies during project down time or during their personal time. Typical services company mindset with prime focus on employees billing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore management engagement needed at individual business units level. Most of the employees are in dark in terms of management vision and strategy.

Good Company when you are in billing, otherwise u may have to be flexible with location and profiles

Pros1. Good company with normal pay as per industry standard
    2. Good process oriented company
    3. Employee friendly in india but not in US.

Cons1. Sometimes project decisions cannot be falling on you. Rather manager takes his liberty depending on its billing rate. Meaning.. if there is a project specific to your profile, if your manager has another project which is not that specific but billing rate is better, he may hide this and force you to fall in project which will benefit the company.. even if it is for shorter term.
    2. If client requires to work in weekends, sometimes, manager may request at the beginning but forces in due course.

Among the best within the large IT Outsourcing firms

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFocus on developing consulting expertise

Conslarge size, risk aversion and lack of investment in associates

Advice to Senior ManagementConsulting is now the key differentiation among large IT firms, and I have consistently seen a hesitation on part of the senior mgmt to invest in developing the consulting skills of the in house BAs. I think a long term outlook on ROI on consulting investment needs to be encouraged rather than a short term return based investment

Good company, has lost a little bit of culture to expansion

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPeople were great and teamwork atmosphere

ConsLoss of family style culture

Sr Associate

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros1. Very good health care benefit.

Cons2. As long as ur getting billed no one cares.. dnt excpect any raise or good reviews after joining they treat u like an asset.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo use telling anything thy knw whts wrong dnt care.

Manager

ProsFree relocation, Files Green Card

ConsNo vision of future, Clueless about the ground realities

Advice to Senior ManagementResources are your assets. Take care of resources and they will take care of you

Working at Cognizant

Associate - Projects (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSkilled associates. Good employee benefits. Handful of programs to motivate and guide the employees. Strong delivery methods and unique methods through out all the projects.

ConsOpportunities, ratings and promotions are not given as per the managers comments. And all the managers are not doing the genuine rating. Company has no process to validate this. Salary wise cognizant pays good only to SA and above. There is no normalizations in salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood appraisal/rating validation process has to be implemented in order to reduce attrition.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!