Cognizant Technology Solutions

3.5 5,074 reviews

Cognizant Technology Solutions President & CEO Frank D'Souza

Frank D'Souza

(3,637 ratings)

Pros
  • Good work culture starting from training to project deliverables (in 501 reviews)

• Better work-life balance as compared to top tier consulting companies (in 422 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance & Onshore opportunities depends on the project you are into (in 291 reviews)

• No work life balance because of nightly offshore calls (in 65 reviews)

More Highlights
5,074 Employee Reviews

Good company

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsSo many projects they have.

ConsThey don't pay high salaries.

Very secure and good paymaster

Manager - Consulting (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsJob stability, good annual increase

ConsLot of travel involved. and long work hours for business development

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need better work life balance

Consulting leading the organizations but too much disintegration and internal divide due to revenue accounting

Senior Consultant - Business Consulting (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsCognizant Business consulting strategy is working
    Companies vision is towards the future
    Admired by Colleagues
    Admire by industry analysts

ConsCompensation less compared to competitor organizations
    Non standard compensation
    Heavily loaded on management
    No career development opportunities
    No rotation programs
    many fragmented BU's who don not want to collaborate

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce job rotation program for the talent to sustain
    Take career paths of employees seriously rather than just introducing software tools

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredible opportunity for career growth like no other

ProsHave been with company almost 10 years - still feel passionate about success of firm. Company allows you to try new things and help guide your own career path.

ConsOne is forever connected; work life balance is a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs one grows career internally, would love to see growth in salary based on a salary range tied to the role one transitions to - not all movements should be lateral and require you to prove yourself first. This seems common practice at lower levels.

Had nice learning experience initially but after that the growth stalled

Programmer Analyst @ Cognizant Technology Solutions (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI loved the theam structure, work timings, commute (this was in chennai)
    I liked the facilities, benefits and perks of working for a big company
    No need to work extra unless during the UAT/Go live dates (only speaking for my project)

ConsBad Salary structure. Initially it is good, but the more time you spend in the company, it is stalled. People exit the company and come back to get 150 % raise, but people staying gets 4% raise. Pathetic.
    Senior managers are useless. Remove the middle management tier. They don't do anything. Just go with a simple team lead, team members, project lead. No need for Senior associate, APM, M, SM , DM , SDM etc.,

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can save a lot of money by firing 60% of all APM (now they are called assistant managers) who doesn't do tech work.

Good place if you want work/life balance

Manager (Former Employee) Teaneck, NJ

ProsI moved from a Big 4 to CBC. Wonderful and innovative firm, fair work/life balance and can be well rewarding if you perform

ConsSlow at times, not as competent as a Big 4

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop the practice of mentorship

cognizant review

Associate - Projects (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

Prosgood company to work on

Consno good salary hikes, especially in US

Experience at Cognizant

Project Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsEmployee oriented, good pay, opportunities to travel and variety of projects. No bound to be tied to a project for n number of years.

ConsTeam should have more diversity, it will be good for the project and the company as a whole. The HR team need to be more open.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better diversity in a team

Employee Friendly

Test Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI am very satisfied with the Organization in opportunities, work-life balance, employee friendly, job security, etc.
    But the pay scale, is not even comparable between the people from lateral entries and the people staying the Organization for very long. so for this reason I am looking for a job change.

ConsGetting recognized. Since the crowd is very big, it needs lot of effort to to show me as unique and the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay scale, is not even comparable between the people from lateral entries and the people staying the Organization for very long. so for this reason I am looking for a job change.

Quality Assurance Engineer

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFriendly Atmosphere, Growth are based the department where we are working, Nice to work

ConsSalary at onsite is pretty less when compare to other companies.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!