Cognizant Technology Solutions

Cognizant Technology Solutions President & CEO Frank D'Souza

Frank D'Souza

70 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Mixed feelings

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAble to work with latest technology. And good friends circle.

ConsThe quality of new people getting into the company are very bad. And the training given to them are not upto the mark. And the downfall is that, poor quality in the product that we give to the client. Also the seniors will have to sit overtime to train them and correct their mistakes.
Rewards are not that great. The setup in the company is that, in order to get good salary you need to climb up to a managerial level or architectural level. If you are interested in doing coding and want to earn a good salary, search for a better place.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the structure. For those who like to code, give them that opportunity, rather than asking them to show management skills. Reward and give proper feedback for good work.

Great place to work...

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompetitive salary.
Motivated senior management.
On site chances are good. Not too long working hours and flexibility to work with any of their clients if your skill set matches the requirements.

ConsNone to mention. Only good words for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work..

It has been a journey

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions

ProsVery good company to work with. Good role, successful company, great leadership, amazing people, and a decent salary.

ConsClear distinction between salaries of those on deputation from India and local hire

Good vision poor execution, you become a number and have no empowerment

London, England (UK)

ProsThe people you work day to day

ConsPoor work life balance
Management have no empowerment too many approvals needed and decision making done by India or C level
Little career progression
Promotion done by service rather than quality and capability

Advice to Senior ManagementLost your way, you need to trust your management team and put more ownership locally not just India. You need to invest more outside of India

Enjoyable projects, good work life balance

Management Consulting Senior Manager (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

ProsI work with very knowledgeable & experienced people every day, who are committed to doing the best they can for their clients & company

ConsOrganisational decisions are very much driven by the "offshore" or Indian contingent (to be fair, the Indian employee count is > 75% of Cognizant), but it doesn't translate well in Western cultures. The organisation also has teething troubles transitioning from a traditional outsourcer to a consulting-driven organisation.

The large organisation also makes career progression take longer than expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management seem to know what they want. However, middle level management isn't able to translate strategic goals into tactical goals. Thus, senior management need to spend more time in driving tactical decisions.

Best Place to Work At

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

ProsEmployee Friendly, Good Working Culture

ConsFew Bad Decisions, but overall no complains

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to think on expansion plans in tier2 cities.

Satisfied

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsPlace to learn lot of new technologies

ConsLot of presentation skill required more than work skill because of huge head count...

Sr Consultant

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

Prosbusiness focus, amazing leadership, good monetory benefits, flexible, business focus, amazing leadership, good monetory benefits, flexible,business focus, amazing leadership, good monetory benefits, flexible

Conspoor middle management, poor performance review process, HR practices not mature to cope with fast growing org, poor middle management, poor performance review process, HR practices not mature to cope with fast growing org, poor middle management, poor performance review process, HR practices not mature to cope with fast growing org, poor perks

Hires bulls and asks them to participate in Horse race...

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGlobal experience. Brand name in India & maybe in US

ConsSalary is bad
Work life balance is bad
Plays on rates..........after working for clients you also have to work for the company but without any extra benefit
Work culture is bad....

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for employees......just do not preach...practice

Process Consultant

Process Consultant (Current Employee)
Coventry, England (UK)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood to have a carrier with IBM due to 1) good work culture, 2)employee focussed, 3)Flexible timings
I short good place to work

ConsNothing I can think of at all

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing I can think of at all

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions reviews and ratings in United Kingdom — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cognizant Technology Solutions CEO Frank D'Souza. All 70 reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees.