Cohesion (Michigan) Reviews

3.5
Gerry Stolicker

1. Best experience ever

Former Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Cohesion (Michigan)

Pros

The best thing about working at cohesion is the travel. I went to chicago about as many time as I wanted to as long as I worked hard enough. It is a constant positive and motivational environment. The boss is the greatest. made a good amount of money and some great friends. In the office it is very professional out side of the office it is still professional but you have a lot of fun. Teaches you a lot of skills you will use for your life. Great opportunity for advancement. Very successful business model and you get to learn it.

Cons

So there are 3 negatives. First as hard as you work is as far as you will go. If you don't work hard you won't succeed that is how easy this job is. Second it's a long day I don't remember the hours but it's like a 9 or 10 hour day and it is a sales job so commission is a part of it but with what they teach you anyone can do it and do it well.

Advice to Management

Nothing really just more in field practice of the systems. The managers and assistant managers are awesome they teach you a lot and are very down to earth so don't be intimidated.

This company does nothing more than lie

I have been working at Cohesion (Michigan) full-time

Pros

The pros are that you will be in an environment of "professional" who are nothing more than 20-somethings that cannot hold a job anyplace else. They claim this as their starter position, but everyone knows they'd be better off someplace else. Yes, you can advance, but only if you sleep with the manager- the same thing happened at Grand Marketing which is why Grand Marketing left Grand Rapids.

Cons

Grand Marketing never fully left. A good majority of the employees stayed and formed a new company with the exact same operating procedures. The new company? Cohesion, Inc. Be prepared to work ONLY on comission (despite what they lead you to believe) and work extremely long hours, from mid-morning to late evening. You'll work Monday through Saturday with no compensation and you'll be required to pay for your own gas when you meet with clients... meaning that you'll receive a map of a neighborhood and a list of homes that you must go door-to-door to for cold calling. They do not know you're coming and didn't ask for you to come... even though you will be lead to believe otherwise.

Advice to Management

Grow up and get a real job.

3. Worth trying

Current Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Cohesion (Michigan) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although the job is commission based, there's nothing like unhealthy competition here. Everyone has everyone's back and works towards common goals. Trusting and positive atmosphere. Young sharp minds and smiley faces.

Cons

Long hours (11:00 - 9:00) Requires a lot of commitment and determination - both of which are ultimately necessary for being successful at any given job.

Advice to Management

Be more specific about the job and potential earnings at interviews so people do not feel like being deceived afterwards.

5. Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Cohesion (Michigan) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job helps you network with other professionals that have similar goals as yourself. Its a great learning experience on how to grow and run your own company. This job is all merit based and can lead anyone to success if they work hard.

Cons

We work during all types of weather but if properly prepared this job is a piece of cake!

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome Gerry!

6. Great Company

Former Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Cohesion (Michigan) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has a wonderful environment and Growth. I have never worked with a group of people who are so goal oriented and hard working in my life!

Cons

Everyone has to start at the entry level in sales. It does make sense to only promote from within though.

Deceived

Former Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Cohesion (Michigan) full-time

Pros

People were friendly and overly happy to work going door to door

Cons

Got the job thinking I was going to work in an office all day doing marketing and sales..but they gave me a t-shirt and said go drive your car around Michigan and sell At&t uverse. Also did not make as much as promised.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to interviewees

RSS Feed </> Embed