CohnReznick

CohnReznick CO CEO'S Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was great!

Audit and Assurance Intern (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat people, Great culture, and an opportunity to gain significant experience!

ConsThere are no cons from my experience!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Decent introduction to a CPA Firm

Audit Associate (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsPut the interns right to work with meaningful tasks; Compensation is slightly less than the Big 4 but on par; Full week of training in the beginning. Once in a while management would throw us a happy hour or provide us lunch even during heart of busy season to "refresh" us.

ConsEven during my limited time, I can see there is too much focus on billable hours. Employees dedicating numerous hours that went unbilled. Not a very good feedback system for interns.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a little less focus on billable hours and more time on viewing your employees as assets.

Great career start

Audit Associate (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat career start and ability to progress in the company. Lots of energetic and helpful employees in the office. Busy season not terrible

ConsThey really need to reward those who deserve it

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease reward employees bases on performance rather than depending on which partner you work for

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fine if you don't want to grow

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

Prospeople are friendly enough.
    Steady work through out the year.
    Overtime pay for some of the year.

ConsNo opportunity to grow as an assistant. I asked numerous times for other assignments /to take on more challenging work only to be told I wouldn't have time or that my manager didn't think I would like the work.
    Very basic assistant work - filing, expense reports, letter writing, etc.
    Told during my 2nd year review (which was very good) that after his raise, I shouldn't expect a raise the next year as I was at the top of the pay scale. Talk about unmotivating!
    Atlanta and Bethesda offices don't communicate or support smaller offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at all your employees as valuable. Just because someone is not a accountant doesn't make them non-essential.
    Give more feedback throughout the year. Provide growth potential for all employees - $500 a year for education (accounting classes only) is chump change.

Retire...give it up

Audit Senior Associate (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsPay scale and vacation/PTO time. They are electronic workpapers so that is a plus

ConsPoor managment skills, It's more of a sweat shop than true accounting/auditing experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementI advise management to really take a step back and get an understanding of each employee needs. They don't focus on being a great place to work. The is little time to really understanding and gain knowledge of accounting treatments if they are using a system doing the audit for you. So the staff is really learning how to use the audit program which are skills that won't be able to take with them. Just not an ideal place to get good experience.

Reznick is a young, quickly growing firm looking to work it's way into the Top 10 national CPA frims.

Baltimore, MD

ProsExcellent opportunity for advancement if you're willing to put time and effort into your career. Reznick is a young, growing company that is trying very hard to find it's way into the upper echelon of public accounting firms.

ConsReznick is trying very hard to diversify from it's niche roots which focused exclusively on low income housing tax, audit, and consulting work. At times the work can be a little too focued on one business sector but there are opportunities to work on multiple clients throughout the year and the firm is actively going after a broader selection of business while continuing to be recognized as real estate experts.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing strong talent and be willing to part with staff who are not 100% committed to a career in public accounting.

A fast growing, young firm, that is a great place to start and could be a good place to stay.

Audit Associate (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsThere is a genuine effort to make the workplace less stressful during tax season. It seems as though work-life balance is a true concern of management, eventhough it is still difficult to see the balance at times. The overwhelming majority of the employees are pleasant and relaxed.

ConsThe core practice, which is audits of low income housing projects, takes up 80-90% of most employees' time. This limits the opportunities for growth beyond these types of entities and makes gaining experience usefull outside of Reznick difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo 90% of of the managers and partners I would say thank you for keeping Reznick a fun and friendly place to work. To the very few that are difficult to work with due to personality conflicts, I would ask that you relax, spend a few minutes a day talking with people, and try to care that we have lives outside of work. It is always easier to work with people when you have a real connection rather than when you only pretend to care.

Potential for employee satisfaction, but changes need to be made

Baltimore, MD

ProsConstant growth and job stability. If you are top performer and choose work as your top priority in life you will be treated well. Those who know the firm and industry are likely to go far if you are willing to sacrifice your outside life.

ConsTremendous growth has created "growing pains" Though it is promoted verbally, work-life balance is not promoted through deadlines and expectations. Expectations are usually unrealistic and require huge amounts of overtime to achieve.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get a better handle on work-life balance and expectations. They need to get a better on understanding of how the actions of senior management impact the actions of others. They seem to be more receptive to flexible schedules, but the level of work assigned does not really support a reduced schedule

Worked for CohnReznick? Contribute to the Community!

CohnReznick Videos

CohnReznick – Why Work for Us?

CohnReznick is ranked among the top 20 accounting firms in the United States, providing accounting, tax and business advisory services to clients nationwide. Well-known for our depth of knowledge in the affordable… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CohnReznick reviews and ratings in Baltimore, MD — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CohnReznick CEO Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by CohnReznick employees.