CohnReznick Reviews

1 Rating

1. It was great!

Former Employee - Audit and Assurance Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Audit and Assurance Intern in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CohnReznick full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, Great culture, and an opportunity to gain significant experience!

Cons

There are no cons from my experience!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

One of the worst companies I've worked for

Former Employee - Practice Management in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Practice Management in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CohnReznick full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some (Very few) people made my personal experience bearable.

If a Partner respects you you know it in the way they talk to you and deal with you. They give you the independence to do what they are paying you to do

Some management are friendly and fair

The PTO is great when you can take it

Cons

The merge.

Partners.

Management

And MOST of all HR is a joke. If you have an issue with manage you might as well not pursue it with HR as they are strictly for management.

This place pays little for all the hats they expect you to wear along with the expectation to kiss the rear end of management

Never felt valued or appreciated for my good work and effort.

Advice to Management

Hire more personable people.
    Partners need lessons/classes on how to treat EVERYONE with respect
    Management along with partners need to learn communication skills and give warnings, let someone know what's being done wrong before further action has to be taken.

Get some real HR personnel firm wide.

3. Decent introduction to a CPA Firm

Former Intern - Audit Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Former Intern - Audit Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CohnReznick as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Put the interns right to work with meaningful tasks; Compensation is slightly less than the Big 4 but on par; Full week of training in the beginning. Once in a while management would throw us a happy hour or provide us lunch even during heart of busy season to "refresh" us.

Cons

Even during my limited time, I can see there is too much focus on billable hours. Employees dedicating numerous hours that went unbilled. Not a very good feedback system for interns.

Advice to Management

Spend a little less focus on billable hours and more time on viewing your employees as assets.

5. Great career start

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CohnReznick

Pros

Great career start and ability to progress in the company. Lots of energetic and helpful employees in the office. Busy season not terrible

Cons

They really need to reward those who deserve it

Advice to Management

Please reward employees bases on performance rather than depending on which partner you work for

Fine if you don't want to grow

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CohnReznick

Pros

people are friendly enough.
    Steady work through out the year.
    Overtime pay for some of the year.

Cons

No opportunity to grow as an assistant. I asked numerous times for other assignments /to take on more challenging work only to be told I wouldn't have time or that my manager didn't think I would like the work.
    Very basic assistant work - filing, expense reports, letter writing, etc.
    Told during my 2nd year review (which was very good) that after his raise, I shouldn't expect a raise the next year as I was at the top of the pay scale. Talk about unmotivating!
    Atlanta and Bethesda offices don't communicate or support smaller offices.

Advice to Management

Look at all your employees as valuable. Just because someone is not a accountant doesn't make them non-essential.
    Give more feedback throughout the year. Provide growth potential for all employees - $500 a year for education (accounting classes only) is chump change.

7. Retire...give it up

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CohnReznick

Pros

Pay scale and vacation/PTO time. They are electronic workpapers so that is a plus

Cons

Poor managment skills, It's more of a sweat shop than true accounting/auditing experience.

Advice to Management

I advise management to really take a step back and get an understanding of each employee needs. They don't focus on being a great place to work. The is little time to really understanding and gain knowledge of accounting treatments if they are using a system doing the audit for you. So the staff is really learning how to use the audit program which are skills that won't be able to take with them. Just not an ideal place to get good experience.

8. Reznick is a young, quickly growing firm looking to work it's way into the Top 10 national CPA frims.

I have been working at CohnReznick

Pros

Excellent opportunity for advancement if you're willing to put time and effort into your career. Reznick is a young, growing company that is trying very hard to find it's way into the upper echelon of public accounting firms.

Cons

Reznick is trying very hard to diversify from it's niche roots which focused exclusively on low income housing tax, audit, and consulting work. At times the work can be a little too focued on one business sector but there are opportunities to work on multiple clients throughout the year and the firm is actively going after a broader selection of business while continuing to be recognized as real estate experts.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing strong talent and be willing to part with staff who are not 100% committed to a career in public accounting.

9. Potential for employee satisfaction, but changes need to be made

I have been working at CohnReznick

Pros

Constant growth and job stability. If you are top performer and choose work as your top priority in life you will be treated well. Those who know the firm and industry are likely to go far if you are willing to sacrifice your outside life.

Cons

Tremendous growth has created "growing pains" Though it is promoted verbally, work-life balance is not promoted through deadlines and expectations. Expectations are usually unrealistic and require huge amounts of overtime to achieve.

Advice to Management

Need to get a better handle on work-life balance and expectations. They need to get a better on understanding of how the actions of senior management impact the actions of others. They seem to be more receptive to flexible schedules, but the level of work assigned does not really support a reduced schedule

10. A fast growing, young firm, that is a great place to start and could be a good place to stay.

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CohnReznick

Pros

There is a genuine effort to make the workplace less stressful during tax season. It seems as though work-life balance is a true concern of management, eventhough it is still difficult to see the balance at times. The overwhelming majority of the employees are pleasant and relaxed.

Cons

The core practice, which is audits of low income housing projects, takes up 80-90% of most employees' time. This limits the opportunities for growth beyond these types of entities and makes gaining experience usefull outside of Reznick difficult.

Advice to Management

To 90% of of the managers and partners I would say thank you for keeping Reznick a fun and friendly place to work. To the very few that are difficult to work with due to personality conflicts, I would ask that you relax, spend a few minutes a day talking with people, and try to care that we have lives outside of work. It is always easier to work with people when you have a real connection rather than when you only pretend to care.