CohnReznick

CohnReznick Reviews in Bethesda, MD

Updated May 25, 2014

CohnReznick CO CEO'S Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

Pros
  • Just a notch below the Big Four with relatively good work-life balance (compared to the Big Four)(in 8 reviews)

• Young and casual office during the busy season(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a good work life balance(in 7 reviews)

• Busy season, but not a huge factor since it's over the winter (for the most part)(in 12 reviews)

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

CohnReznick is a good balance of personal relationships, top clients and strong accounting expertise to learn from.

Associate (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsMany different experiences in a short amount of time. Access to partners.
    Good co-workers who become friends - how could they not when you work so many hours during busy season? Good PTO and hours outside of busy season. Cares about community service. Offers growth opportunities based more on merit than time in the job.

ConsToo many hours required during busy season. Too many staff have too little productive work outside of busy season.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the merger too many processes have gotten bureaucratic. Communicate more in person and less via email.

Manager (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsGood working environment, reasonable work life balance for the industry (busy season is busy, but not ridicules busy).

ConsEven though consider themselves as a national firm, still acting like a regional firm, no resources, no significant training, no investment in employees. Also, working for the firm doesn't open doors like working for a big 4.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees, that's your most important asset

Great place to start!

Audit Associate (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsUpper management are so nice! Always willing to help you out when you need it. The associates are nice to work with as well. Everyone is so helpful and really wants you to succeed.

ConsBusy season, but not a huge factor since it's over the winter (for the most part)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Open door policy, very inviting

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the best Company

Word Processor (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsThey had a nice break room and good coffee. During tax season they paid for our dinners. CohnReznick did love to give back to the community by having a social awareness day.

ConsManagement was horrible. The pay was low and the work to home life ratio was deplorable. I was an employee for this firm for a very long time and during that time I've seen two employees pass away because there wasn't enough time to take care of themselves because of the demanding nature that Reznick instilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to value the employees that you have

Lack Luster

Experienced Associate (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

Prosgood benefits to employees, lots of internal events, associates work well together- interesting opportunities if you can find them

Consunless you befriend a manager or senior manager with good contracts, you will not be put on something you want to work on; pay is low comparable to other firms; many managers do not do work throughout the day but harp on associates about being a few minutes late; most of decisions are behind closed doors so associates never know whats going on, managers are on different pages as to what work an associate is meant to be working on

Advice to Senior Managementbe more transparent, pay at the level of other firms, take associate skill set into consideration when placing them on an engagement

Good place to start your career

Audit Associate (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsGreat people, lax atmosphere, upper management is very involved, you get to see a project from beginning to end, concerned with your well being, want to help better you as a person and employee

ConsIt's accounting/audit let's be real there's nothing too exciting about this job, except for the people you work with and for. The people are what keeps me here. I'd say a little less than half the time I enjoy working on the specific project I'm on.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think upper management is doing the best they can to make accounting exciting by bringing personality. The people here are very outgoing and try to make you feel important to the project. At the end of the day you like accounting or you don't. The people keep you here.

Senior Manager

Senior Auditor (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsGood experience, good pay, good work/life balance

ConsNo room for growth, a lot of company politics

Not a bad place outside of the Big Four.

Audit Associate (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

Pros- Just a notch below the Big Four with relatively good work-life balance (compared to the Big Four).
    - Collegiate atmosphere; partners have open door policy.
    - 20 days PTO to start.

Cons- Before the merger and when it was called Reznick, the client base was mostly real estate partnerships. The work became tedious and boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to build a more diverse client base.

Horrible experience and negatives more than positives

Associate (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsPTOs cool young people, food

ConsLow starting salary, office politics, shity clients and the fact that all you audit is low income housing audit, which doesn't help you go anywhere. So much gossip and discrimination.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your most important assets, your employees. All of them not just a few of them that you want to party with.

Fun Work Environment

Practice Management Assistant (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsMoney and care are put into making the workplace pleasant and building sincere camaraderie. Employees are provided with every resource to work remotely. Firm is a good corporate citizen and certified green by Montgomery County, MD

ConsSalaries start low. Management is young and and often lacks sophistication and experience. No training or career advancement for people in Practice Management positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in practice management and support team, train new and young managers, even principals would benefit from management training. Please continue the staff appreciation shown, but find other ways besides food to thank employees for a job well done. Time off or extra cash are also great ways to say thanks.

Worked for CohnReznick? Contribute to the Community!