CohnReznick

CohnReznick Reviews

Updated Mar 14, 2014

CohnReznick CO CEO'S Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

Pros:
  • "Just a notch below the Big Four with relatively good work-life balance (compared to the Big Four)"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Good working environment, reasonable work life balance for the industry (busy season is busy, but not ridicules busy)"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Manager busy season bonuses are paid in November of the same year, but senior"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Reznick is trying very hard to diversify from it's niche roots which focused exclusively on low income housing tax, audit, and consulting work"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Long hours but lots of rewards/opportunities!

Audit Senior (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompetitive pay, lots of promotions, lots of training, very transparent leaders, bright outlook/growth. You can get a lot of experience in a short time and as long as you work hard, they'll let you work on the things that interest you.

ConsLong hours, delayed or nonexistent appreciation, stingy. The firm tries hard to take care of its employees but often misses the most simple things that make a place a great one to work at.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a bonus program to reward hard workers, an extra 2% raise doesn't cut it.

Consultants beware

Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at CohnReznick as a contractor for more than a year

ProsSalaries are generous for consulting positions.

ConsCommunication and scheduling are not good. You can go weeks being 'unassigned' and therefore unpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication with consulting staff could use improvement.

Great place to start off your career

Audit Staff I (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat People
Staff there wants to teach you
Great work-life balance

ConsHR isn't so responsive to your requests

Don't work for the Chicago office

Staff Auditor (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at CohnReznick full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a job. The offices in the DC area know what they are doing so if you want to work for this company go there.

ConsShady people, poor training. You won't get any feedback until your review when it's too late to improve. A lot of inconsistency among managers and partners despite the clients all being very similar. Tax season compensation is a joke, much higher anywhere else.

Great work environment.

Experienced Audit Associate (Former Employee)
Century City, CA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat resources. Lots of training. They keep you busy all year long.

ConsThere are room for improvement in leadership. Communication of goals is often overlook.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within.

Five years of education and (mostly good) experience.

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe number one priority of CohnReznick is their clientele. Regardless of the interpersonal flaws within the organization, someone always steps up to deliver superior service and an excellent finished product.

ConsHR is very selective about who is chosen to be promoted. Often, it seems that merit and skills are overlooked for favoritism and popularity. There can be a very clique like atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementMicro management of experienced employees should be discouraged. There should be a series of checks and balances put on all HR Managers in order to ensure fair and equal treatment of all employees.

Very good public accounting firm to get experiences

Tax Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood clients, good benefits! Nice clients. Sophisticated work!

ConsSalaries are not competitive. Long hours...

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to put more efforts to improve employees' morale including bonuses, raises, giving employees the future visions..

I would work somewhere else if I were you.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time for more than a year

Pros-Good training programs
-Other CR offices are WAY better than CR Sacramento. The LA office is awesome.

Cons-Nobody cares about your personal life. Work comes first and if you don't have that mentality you will not survive there. There is no work-life balance even in off-busy season. Good luck getting your CPA!

-Narrow industry focus. You won't gain much experience doing any "real" auditing there. You will only do low-income housing audits.

-Lackluster work quality. The emphasis is on getting the work out the door rather than making sure work is of high quality. If you don't do things the "SALY" (same as last year) people think you're an idiot and you're "reinventing the wheel," as opposed to making improvements in processes.

-Everyone thinks everyone else is stupid.

-If they promise to "get you on track for promotion," they're lying. They say that just to get you to sign the offer letter.

-High turnover - I would estimate 15 people left in a 9 month period for an office of less than 40 people. That should give you an idea of how great the culture is. So, good news is, they're ALWAYS hiring. That isn't because business is expanding.

-No bonuses whatsoever. And the raises are less than inflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real and please stop being oblivious to the turnover issue. It isn't because its "just public accounting." We realize you have a job to do but you've lost 90% of your best staff. Trust me, they aren't coming back, ever.

Manager (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood working environment, reasonable work life balance for the industry (busy season is busy, but not ridicules busy).

ConsEven though consider themselves as a national firm, still acting like a regional firm, no resources, no significant training, no investment in employees. Also, working for the firm doesn't open doors like working for a big 4.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees, that's your most important asset

Great Company

Support Technician Lvl2 (Current Employee)
Roseland, NJ

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time for more than a year

ProsLove working here and enjoy my job

ConsNone that I can think of.

Worked for CohnReznick? Contribute to the Community!

CohnReznick Videos

CohnReznick – Why Work for Us?

CohnReznick is ranked among the top 20 accounting firms in the United States, providing accounting, tax and business advisory services to clients nationwide. Well-known for our depth of knowledge in the affordable… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CohnReznick reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CohnReznick CEO Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino. All 78 reviews posted anonymously by CohnReznick employees.