CohnReznick

CohnReznick Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

CohnReznick CO CEO'S Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

Pros
  • Just a notch below the Big Four with relatively good work-life balance (compared to the Big Four)(in 8 reviews)

• Young and casual office during the busy season(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a good work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Busy season, but not a huge factor since it's over the winter (for the most part)(in 13 reviews)

Great place to work!

ProsHours aren't as long as other public accounting firms.

ConsNot as many Fortune 100 firms to audit

Audit Manager

Manager (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsPeople are friendly and helpful for the most part. Pay is OK, on the lower side for a large firm. Good opportunity if you don't want a life. A lot of training, but still requires you to make up the client work in addition to the training time.

ConsNo work life balance, long hours, working in a confining work room during busy season in the affordable housing practice is so boring! It's a big firm that still acts like a small firm, definite growing pains and power struggle for legacy firms. No performance feedback except for annual review. Meetings out the ying yang! Enough already!

Fun office but limited exposure

Intern (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYoung and casual office during the busy season.

ConsDifficult to maintain a good work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore beer carts when goals are met would be nice.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great if you're interested in affordable housing.

ProsSalary is good, work is simple during tax season, nice office, great exposure to low-income housing and tax credit industries, decent all-around exposure to all parts of the audit process.

ConsManagement is very inclusive (staff-level associates are involved in no meetings ever, are not involved in planning at all, etc.). Promotions definitely don't always come as deserved. Not much of a "we're all in this together" mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue lower-levels of the audit team more, and they will be more likely to succeed and stick around within the company!

More good than bad

ProsLow wages; disconnected with senior management

ConsOpportunity to travel; young, friendly work environment; somewhat flexible hours

Tax Accountant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe training is very good at associate level.

ConsThe feedback about your performance is at the last minute. There is no strategy to help employee improvement and even not a plan/approach to do that.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet your strategies to better your employees either by interacting them or by getting and giving the feedback at the right time for mutual benefit of employer and employee.

Challenging but the pay was pretty good

Audit Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPay was commensurate with the work performed.
    Office attempted to arrange for various socials to promote togetherness
    Partners took time to meet with employees to help them with the career paths

ConsHigh volume clientele with little time to complete them
    Time budgets do not reflect the time necessary to perform the tasks

Senior Associate - CohnReznick

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat company that will keep growing.

Conswork/life balance and compensation is merely adequate.

I did not like it. Upper management did not care about what I wanted.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere were no pros to working here.

ConsNo one listens to what you would like in your career.

CohnReznick is a good balance of personal relationships, top clients and strong accounting expertise to learn from.

Associate (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsMany different experiences in a short amount of time. Access to partners.
    Good co-workers who become friends - how could they not when you work so many hours during busy season? Good PTO and hours outside of busy season. Cares about community service. Offers growth opportunities based more on merit than time in the job.

ConsToo many hours required during busy season. Too many staff have too little productive work outside of busy season.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the merger too many processes have gotten bureaucratic. Communicate more in person and less via email.

Worked for CohnReznick? Contribute to the Community!