CohnReznick

CohnReznick Reviews in Sacramento, CA

3.1

CohnReznick CO CEO'S Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino
Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

Pros
  • Young and casual office during the busy season (in 14 reviews)

• Just a notch below the Big Four with relatively good work-life balance (compared to the Big Four) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a good work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• There is no work-life balance even in off-busy season (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I would work somewhere else if I were you.....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Good training programs
    -Other CR offices are WAY better than CR Sacramento. The LA office is awesome.

Cons

-Nobody cares about your personal life. Work comes first and if you don't have that mentality you will not survive there. There is no work-life balance even in off-busy season. Good luck getting your CPA!

-Narrow industry focus. You won't gain much experience doing any "real" auditing there. You will only do low-income housing audits.

-Lackluster work quality. The emphasis is on getting the work out the door rather than making sure work is of high quality. If you don't do things the "SALY" (same as last year) people think you're an idiot and you're "reinventing the wheel," as opposed to making improvements in processes.

-Everyone thinks everyone else is stupid.

-If they promise to "get you on track for promotion," they're lying. They say that just to get you to sign the offer letter.

-High turnover - I would estimate 15 people left in a 9 month period for an office of less than 40 people. That should give you an idea of how great the culture is. So, good news is, they're ALWAYS hiring. That isn't because business is expanding.

-No bonuses whatsoever. And the raises are less than inflation.

Get real and please stop being oblivious to the turnover issue. It isn't because its "just public accounting." We realize you have a job to do but you've lost 90% of your best staff. Trust me, they aren't coming back, ever.