CohnReznick

Updated Jan 8, 2014

CohnReznick CO CEO'S Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

I would work somewhere else if I were you.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time for more than a year

Pros-Good training programs
-Other CR offices are WAY better than CR Sacramento. The LA office is awesome.

Cons-Nobody cares about your personal life. Work comes first and if you don't have that mentality you will not survive there. There is no work-life balance even in off-busy season. Good luck getting your CPA!

-Narrow industry focus. You won't gain much experience doing any "real" auditing there. You will only do low-income housing audits.

-Lackluster work quality. The emphasis is on getting the work out the door rather than making sure work is of high quality. If you don't do things the "SALY" (same as last year) people think you're an idiot and you're "reinventing the wheel," as opposed to making improvements in processes.

-Everyone thinks everyone else is stupid.

-If they promise to "get you on track for promotion," they're lying. They say that just to get you to sign the offer letter.

-High turnover - I would estimate 15 people left in a 9 month period for an office of less than 40 people. That should give you an idea of how great the culture is. So, good news is, they're ALWAYS hiring. That isn't because business is expanding.

-No bonuses whatsoever. And the raises are less than inflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real and please stop being oblivious to the turnover issue. It isn't because its "just public accounting." We realize you have a job to do but you've lost 90% of your best staff. Trust me, they aren't coming back, ever.

Worked for CohnReznick? Contribute to the Community!

CohnReznick Videos

CohnReznick – Why Work for Us?

CohnReznick is ranked among the top 20 accounting firms in the United States, providing accounting, tax and business advisory services to clients nationwide. Well-known for our depth of knowledge in the affordable… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CohnReznick reviews and ratings in Sacramento, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CohnReznick CEO Kenneth Baggett & Thomas Marino. All reviews posted anonymously by CohnReznick employees.