Coinmach

Add Photos

Robert M. Doyle

Solid business model and infrastructure - Not necessarily employee friendly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStable. Reliable vendor partners. Employees with a lot of experience.

ConsSalaries are below market. Large seperation in pay/treatment between local teams and senior management

Advice to Senior ManagementDig into what is actually going on in each of the regions. Listen to the input of employees other than the local management.

Service tech

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPaid time off, nice and helpful co workers hands on training not much else too say offered benefits not the best but better then nothing

ConsEmpty promises benefits could be that's all gonna say Not sure what else too say I mean I've worked at better and I've worked at worse places

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with what was said in interview

Stay Away

Service Tech (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsMonday-Friday have a life, can make plans, stable job. Some Saturday work but run easiest cases if you know the area.

ConsPay, talked to a guy who's been employed 25+ years and only is making $17.25 and hour. Work alone in very bad areas, no help or back up in those places.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of y'all buying companies and increasing the workload on your workers, you should increase our pay and give nice Christmas bonuses as well!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable company.

ProsStable. Financially sound. Strong executive management.

ConsNot customer friendly. No upside potential

no raises here unless you are corporate

Collector and Jack of All Trades (Current Employee)

Prostheir truck, their gas, good health ins... vacation/sick days/personal days. $25.00 walmart card for safe driving every qtr

Consdo get paid untill 30 minutes you leave home, mandatory lunch break, dont get paid last 30 minutes of day. their truck but they look at it as yoou are driving to work in your own car. even though you drive 1500 miles in a week. you eat in your truck ( if you want to) and just sit there for 30 minutes when you could be on the road. NO raises---was here for 10 years and only have a 60 cent raise!!!!!People at the top get hundreds of thousands plus bonuses that

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your hourly employees. they are struggling while you get millons. no body can live on $23,000/year

Stuck In A Rut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Route Collector (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsCompany Vehicle take home and gas card

Consno pay raise in over 3 years or cost of living raise overloading with big routes more than what you are capable of completing

Large, disorganized company with no sense of action or urgency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCoinmach rarely fires employees, which is both good and bad. On the one hand, you know you have job security; on the other, it increases the number of ineffective people in the organization, which can create headaches for employees who truly want to be effective.

Coinmach also offers great benefits in terms of life and health insurance, along with a great 401K contributions.

ConsI worked in the New York/New Jersey branch, so I can only speak for this office. The company is incredibly disorganized with poor management and leadership.

1. When employees quit or are moved around in restructuring (which does happen frequently), remaining employees are expected to absorb extra roles. At one point, I was juggling four different roles! Several of my key contacts in different departments were also juggling multiple roles, and everyone was so overwhelmed that responsibilities and tasks kept slipping through the cracks. We were always reacting to crises and could never act proactively.

2. Nothing ever got done. Literally. We would go into meetings with our supervisors and say "These are our goals, this is how we get there, and these are the resources we need and this is how it makes sense in our department budget." We'd get lots of sures and yeses, but then the funds or resources would never materialize. It once took us four weeks and six different approvals to onboard a new, badly needed employee. Not one, not two, but four Coinmach employees told me that the only way to survive here is to "not care if anything gets done." Ouch!

3. No way to finance purchases. There is no company credit card and everyone is expected to expense anything under $100, which seems like not a big deal until you learn that it takes weeks to get expenses reimbursed and they mail you checks over $100. Also,everyone from marketing to sales to operations to HR is expected to expense ALL needs, including office supplies. Ouch!

However, I have heard other branches of Coinmach are much more professional and organized, and I certainly hope that's true!

Disorganized Company with horrible communication and pay rates.

ProsWeekends off is about all I can come up with. There's only one thing that I learned, to not care anymore as working hard gets you nothing. And there is one very good reason I stay, but can't disclose that of course :) But, as for the company, no respect, they have lost it all, and it seems by most all employees and customers.

ConsHorrible Management, constantly hear from our customers of repeated unreturned phone calls, emails etc. Everyone does multiple jobs outside of their own. Employee burn out and very low pay when factoring in how much insurance takes out as well. No raises or very little laughable ones that are more a slap in the face. No incentive to go "above and beyond" because it will only cause you health problems in the long run. Management lies about pay raises or promotions, get it in WRITING with an effective date! Or don't except the lie. Security Department is a joke, things that should be done aren't, and things that are irrelevant are put under a microscope. Certain higher ups in the Security Department are borderline paranoid schizophrenic it seems.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for. And some of the ideas that are dreamed up have no real world advantages.

If you like making 11 dollars an hour for the rest of your life, Coinmach is for you!

Field Engineer (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsCompany vehicle with gas card - no paying for your commute.
    Flexible start times.
    Freedom to work at your own pace.

ConsYou will never make any money. Started at $11 an hour, a year later I got my first raise, 22 cents. A 2% raise is all they will give, so it will literally take you 5 years to go from making $11 an hour to $12 an hour.
    They do not pay overtime, even if you work it. They will simply tell you to go home early tomorrow, then when you try, they will complain that you are leaving early.
    They do not pay for your drive time, your last job was an hour and a half away from home? That ride home is off the clock.
    They are not interested in fixing problems, simply making the calls go away as fast as possible. Have a property that has machines that are over 15 years old and are falling apart? Good Luck, your gonna be there ever single week for hours on end performing miracles trying to keep customers from yelling at you while you try to put the machines back together with duct tape and hope.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better.

Coinmach Hates Employees in Louisiana

Peasant (Current Employee)
    Hammond, LA

ProsYou will be given the opportunity to do all upper managements work while they send it off to Texas and take credit for it. You will also be able to witness what happens when "management" (working 30+ years) has a company that has evolved around them. If you become management, 90% of the employees are your relatives which leaves the other 10% to do the real work. It's "All in the Family"

ConsAs long as you have no family you will have a great chance for promotion. The only communication you will receive is when they terminate you or your co-workers after 20-25 years of service, or have the misfortune of getting hurt on the job, i.e. motor vehicle accident, gun to your head? no problem, Hammond is happy to terminate. No rules, no regulations, "Just because they can."

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing Bipolar is a treatable condition. Being two-faced may require surgery.

Worked for Coinmach? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coinmach reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coinmach CEO Robert M. Doyle. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Coinmach employees.