Cold Stone Creamery

www.coldstonecreamery.com

Cold Stone Creamery Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Cold Stone Creamery – Rockwall – “Outside of Building At Harbor”

Cold Stone Creamery President Dan Beem

Dan Beem

Pros
  • Good customer service experience, can be a fun environment, free ice cream(in 116 reviews)

• Free ice cream every time you work, but this does get old very quickly(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Now people can enjoy the great ice cream that the franchise has to offer(in 35 reviews)

• Because you are a tipped employee, your employer does not have to pay you minimum wage(in 22 reviews)

Great Workplace

Server (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLaid back atmosphere was great!

ConsHourly pay was not as much as it should be.

Great first job

Crew Member (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsBeing around ice cream all the time
    Learning the ins and outs of a small store business
    Serving customers
    Producing ice cream
    Coworker camraderie

ConsInconsistent hours
    Last minute shifts
    Not a lot of initial support or guidance
    Uneven distribution of work throughout a shift

I was not compensated for the work I did, unlawfully worked for free.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree ice cream while on the job.

ConsUnlawful and unfair treatment of employees, I was told that I had to wait for paperwork to process to get paid, but that I was still able to start working & would get paid when all of my paperwork was processed. As a minor, I was unaware of my rights & did not know I was being taken advantage of.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor management a little more closely to avoid potential lawsuits. If I knew better I would have sued.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Over Worked And Under Paid

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Goldsboro, NC

ProsThe ONLY good things from this job were seeing the smiles you would put on people's faces, especially little kids'. And unlimited ice cream and ice cream cakes and products for cheap.

ConsI worked my butt off EVERY DAY, coming in on days off, covering shifts, working open to close (10am-11pm or longer), working literally a minimum 12-15 days straight without a day off, going the extra mile every day no matter how tired I was. And when I would ask for a raise or promotion, I would get the lame excuse that I was NOT reliable enough. But I was the one who would train my superiors, which never lasted longer than 3 months because of all the stress. And I was the one being called when something, anything needed to be fixed in the store. But my BIGGEST pet peeve, was that checks were ALWAYS at LEAST 2-4 days late, EVERY SINGLE PAYCHECK. And when I complained to our corporate office, they told me that they got their cut every month on time, and it was HIS store. He could do as he pleased.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was management, just without the title or pay. My advice to corporate, POP in unexpectedly. And you will see why Dairy Queen and the new frozen yogurt places around town get more business. Smelling spoiled milk as soon as you walk into an ice cream store IS NOT appetizing in the least. The store in 27534 gives Cold Stone Creameries EVERYWHERE, a horrible name. I know plenty of people around it that would rather pay for McDonald's ice cream and milkshakes, than go to Cold Stone there.

Hard, but pretty sweet

Crew Member (Current Employee) Medford, OR

ProsFree ice cream
    Tips
    Generally friendly customers

ConsStressful when lots of customers swarm the store and you're working alone or with only one other crew member

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Horrible first job.

Pros- Easy responsibilities
    - Improve communication skills

Cons- The managers are all terrible.
    -The owner is the nastiest person I've ever met.
    -Underpaid. $6.50 and hour plus barely any tips
    -Inconsistant hours
    -No free ice cream (you will get in trouble)

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a new staff.

Alright

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan advance quickly. Ice cream.

ConsNo free ice cream, only discounts for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHQ should check that franchise owners are acting appropriately.

I can draw circles without a compass

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Bloomington, IL

ProsWell, the free ice cream was nice and the environment was easy. It does not take a rocket scientist to scoop ice cream. The job was fairly simple. Plus tips, $$!

ConsThe hours were horrific.. I got a call everyday to either not come in or be there in an hour. The manager had absolutely no idea how to run a store smoothly. The job was fun and easy the only part that was not satisfactory was the manager. His kids, which are in jr. high and younger, helped out with things, which was annoying, since they messed everything up. They would come eat ice cream and take candy whenever they wanted as well as him doing the same. He was rude to a majority of customers who had problems/issues and called the cops on someone for trying to give away a coupon.. It was a mess. I honestly loved working there before he was the manager, but once he showed up, I could not stand it. He on multiple occasions called other staff stupid or said awful things to them, made one of them cry. Only caring for himself and his money. I think Cold Stone is a great company but I would NEVER advise working for the current manager.

Singing is also a con, but the tips almost out weight that.

Ps: His name is Issa, if there is a different manager, great job to be had, go for it!

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive outlooks can go a long way, along with listening and taking into consideration others opinions.

Great as a first job, you learn a lot. But don't stay too long, it's not somewhere to grow

Shift Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat first job. You learn a lot as a young teenager first stepping into the working world about responsibility, service, maturity, and working together with others as a team. You also gain customer service experience and learn to better your multitasking skills. You also get to work with people your age and fellow crew members usually become great friends, which was really nice.

ConsIn my personal experience, I enjoyed the overall experience, but had a super terrible boss. He didn't appreciate anything you did for him, and was very quick to blame you, even for his own mistakes. The job itself is not "hard," it's just very laborious for not a lot of pay. There is also very little opportunity for growth and promotions. Once you get your first promotion from crew member to shift manager, that's pretty much it. Don't stay working here for too long (I'd say more than two years) just because it's comfortable. Many more opportunities are out there that are much better than this.

Advice to Senior ManagementAPPRECIATE your workers. Don't treat them like dirt just because they sweep your floors. Also, turnover rates are way too high. Provide stronger, and more consistent training. You can't expect crew to meet and/or exceed your expectations if you don't provide the proper resources.

Alright place to work, could be better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, fun environment, ice cream is always a plus!

ConsExtremely poor management, very frugal and will not pay you unless absolutely necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better

Worked for Cold Stone Creamery? Contribute to the Community!