Cold Stone Creamery

www.coldstonecreamery.com
Profile Unclaimed

It's great for a first first job, it gives a chance to really learn some costumer service skills

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Pueblo, CO
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at Cold Stone Creamery part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's an overall happy place to work under the right management and around the right crew.

Cons

The pay isn't the best. Like I said its a good starter job. If you have major bills, I would advise a different job

Keep your Crew busy, it's easy to slack off there

I love work

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cold Stone Creamery part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've generally loved most of the people I work with, discount, decent hours

Cons

working certain holidays when business is slow, understaffed at times

Minimum Wage, Stressful, & Little Room for Advancement

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Cold Stone Creamery part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pays minimum wage with little room for asking for a raise. Very few people stay longer than a few months. Training is less "training" and more "tossing you into the thick of things and scolding you repeatedly for something you're just learning how to do." I suggest you only get this job if you need some experience to put on your resume. You learn as you go. It worked with my school schedule. There are other first jobs you can get that will be less stressful and have more benefits and treat you better.

Cons

Poor management, disorganization, few people stay longer than a month, no chance for advancement or pay raise, management can be harsh on new trainees which causes a lot of people to leave. Did not allow any time to ask for time off due to family matters. Because the pay was so low many employees were disgruntled and it made for a difficult workplace environment. Broken equipment such as phones, stepladders, brooms, missing sponges to wash dishes, etc and shortage of supplies with the constant demand to make twenty or more ice cream cakes a day. Discouraging management and stressful environment. We were only allowed to turn on the AC a few hours each day. Often working without breaks or lunches because of constant rushes of people. Management was consistently out of reach or unavailable.

If you treat your employees with respect you will earn their trust and loyalty. Constant reprimanding of new employees makes it easier for people to be discouraged and leave. Try to be open to hearing employee concerns about safety or broken equipment because otherwise its hard to work in a store with limited/defective supplies. Working with faulty/old equipment can cause injury so make sure all equipment is safe. Have good communication with your employees and assure them that you are flexible with hours and requests for pay raises after accepting new responsibility.

Carpal Tunnel

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

They will hire literally anyone

Cons

You get carpal tunnel syndrome and they fire you

Loved the Job, Hated the Boss

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Cold Stone Creamery part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a fantastic job! You work with nice people doing fun things. It's not terrifically hard work, and there is the 50% discount to look forward to. Also, the tips are small, but nice. All of the other employees are super fun to work with, making it a great first job. However, most people only stay there for a limited time. I would absolutely work at one in a different city and see how that goes

Cons

It was harder to get someone to take your shift, there was little opportunity to move up since the max position was making ice cream and cakes, which only allowed for about $9.00 per hour in pay. I'm sure the franchise owners at most stores were nice, but one of mine really wasn't. They would lecture and degrade you in a disrespectful manner (believe me, I'm all for improvement, just talk to me in a nicer manner to do so), and they would take the element of fun out of the work when they were there. Also, you end up staying until 11:30 or so a lot of the time, with only 15 minute breaks and little or no chance to do homework

Make sure that all of your franchise owners treat their employees with respect. Everyone who quit at my Cold Stone quit because the boss was rude, disrespectful, and just downright unprofessional. But definitely keep up the good ice creaming!

Overworked

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

Prepared for further jobs which were not so demanding

Cons

Some illegal practices, signing employees off early, unfair work hours, schedule subject to weather

Have more regard for employee work-life balance. Don't schedule employees for 40 hours and cancel for half of them. It's like being on call with no compensation.

Great job for the Summer.

Former Employee - Crew
    Former Employee - Crew

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

Staff is very bonded and willing to help each other out.

Cons

Management is terrible and makes you feel worthless even if you just make a small mistake.

Don't be as harsh on the lower-level workers and remember that they are the backbone of the company.

I would never eat here

Former Employee - Server in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Server in White Plains, NY

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

i can't remember one pro about working here

Cons

hiring high schoolers is a bad idea
    my manager was terrible. would schedule us for hours we didn't agree to.

vet employees better

Ok for first job , to gain experience .

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Miami, FL

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great customers , loved my co workers ,delicious ice cream .
    Worked here for almost 3 years , learned a lot about customer service , handling money & making ice cream .

Cons

Checks always bounced & was difficult to get another check .
    Owner has other businesses and doesn't care too much about this one .
    Equipment was always braking , causing us to not give the best customer service ex. Air not working (causing ice cream to always be melted ), constantly running out of products , cake orders not being done.
    I didn't have any training , but was expected to train the new employees .
    Employees didn't keep tips the owner will take them and spread it through everyone's paychecks (all employees even if they didn't work that day and ones that worked in the back and didn't deal with the customers . Doesn't make seance & isn't fair

This location needs a better supervisor ASAP , not doing well .

Poorly run and embarrassing to work in

Former Employee - Manager in Middleton, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Middleton, WI

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's an easy job and you can make decent tips but it's not a forever job. Most of the people I worked with were nice.

Cons

Embarrassing, and demeaning. Not to mention gross on a multitude of levels. Under no circumstances is it a forever job

Get rid of the singing. Don't let cheap corner cutting people franchise. Make better ice cream.

Cold Stone Creamery Photos