Coldwater Creek

Coldwater Creek Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Coldwater Creek President & CEO Jill Dean

Jill Dean

Pros
  • The customers are great to work with, love the people I work with (in 19 reviews)

• Employee Discount used to be a great benefit but now I can't find anything I want (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The lack of consistency in direction from upper management (in 28 reviews)

• There is no work life balance or appreciation for the hard work you do (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Master Data Manager

Master Data Manager (Current Employee) Sandpoint, ID

ProsGreat group of people to work with.
    Fantastic location - many outdoor amenities

ConsBased on business - company is closing it's doors

Great place to learn new skills, good benefits, but regular merit increases or bonuses nonexistent.

ProsGood benefits, great location - can't beat living in Sandpoint for quality of life.

ConsConstant change, with micromanagement at the top levels, which created a lot of unnecessary rework at the lower levels to execute on the change. Lack of understanding of impact of change requests from executive management, and lack of business justification for last minute changes.

You have to dance with the one who brought you to the party!

Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) Johnson City, TN

ProsThe women I work with are high class. We work as a team with no back biting. Friendship and hard work that I will miss terribly.

ConsManagement had no idea how to run a clothing company. None. The owner apparently thought he knew what women wanted. He did not. I do not know if the wrong people were hired or if their hands were tied, but there seemed to be no connection between those running the show and the associates and customers. Clothing quality was horrid in the last few years. I saw identical copies of some of our products at Old Navy and Cracker Barrel. The company thought they could buy cheap goods and maintain the high prices and stay afloat. Customers are not stupid. Too many deals with the banks...people got tired of having credit cards crammed down their throat every time they came in. Every. Time. And who was the core customer? Old lady shirts and leggings?? Really?? AND...the Fedex bill must have been the final straw for the company. Free shipping all the time. Boxes coming in with one tshirt in them. In the end...just a poorly run company. What a shame. Locations are lovely. Customers and coworkers are great. We needed a company the fell between the froo froo frills of Chicos and the business climate of Talbots. We almost had it. So Sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementI guess there is nothing to say now. I love the women I work with and I will miss this job terribly. Every time I opened a box of clothing to prepare for the floor...I hoped it would be the stuff we needed to steer the ship in the right direction. Sad days.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good overall

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people. Extremely helpful associates.

ConsCompany closing. Needed to be more aggreessive with cutting costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have done more to keep the company afloat.

Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThey really respect their employees, and treat them well. Lots of on the job training.

ConsGoing out of business so no more job prospects

Advice to Senior Managementno raises

Wonderful experience on the retail store level but not sure what Corporate is thinking

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe people that work on the retail level are some of the most compassionate, kind and helpful people I've had the pleasure to work with.

ConsThe upper management and corporate team seems very out of touch with todays wants and needs of the average customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to get in touch with "todays woman". We need younger, fresh and colorful items. We don't want boxey, square cut clothing. The average baby boomer is in their early 60's and look, act and feel younger then ever. We need to address their needs.

Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat core values. Awesome culture. Tremendous customer service. Seems like I will be losing a part of my family when the business finally closes. Our Customers were the best!

ConsBANKRUPTCY!!! What else can I say.

Co-workers and customers alike are delightful to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEnergetic, outgoing, positive team of people to work with, and you are able to build a meaningful personal experience for the customers.

ConsLack of internal communication and employee compensation.

Great

Store Manager (Current Employee) Wichita Falls, TX

ProsSupportive for women. Promotes within.

ConsGoing out of business . A real shame.

I worked with a wonderful group of people.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe team that I worked with was amazing. I am sorry to see the company go under. The customers were loyal and it was a pleasure to work with them.

ConsThere were many unnecessarily redundant processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a shame such a strong brand with a devoted customer base was not managed properly and ultimately failed.

Worked for Coldwater Creek? Contribute to the Community!