Coldwell Banker

www.coldwellbanker.com

Coldwell Banker Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Coldwell Banker – US – “Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT”

Coldwell Banker – US – “Coldwell Banker Commercial NRT”

Coldwell Banker President and Chief Executive Officer Budge Huskey

Budge Huskey

Pros
  • Name recognition, a good starting point (in 14 reviews)

• Formal training program on the in's and out's of real estate a good knowledge basis (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • tier based commission splits, although this is a trade off in exchange for no desk fees (in 17 reviews)

• Unpaid, no benefits and you pay for your own advertising resources (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

No training, no camaraderie.

Realtor (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pump you up meetings, recognition meetings, broker answers willing to answer questions. If you find the right person they will help you.

ConsThe only business where the old eat their young. Expect to get taken advantage of.

Advice to Senior ManagementFormal training, a mentor program. Help younger realtors, besides allowing them to sit open houses for more seasoned agents who know it is a waste of their precious time.

Stuck without advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfriendly atmosphere, great people to work with, they are always trying to keep up with technology. Always ahead of the game

Constoo much politics, they release new technologies too soon without proper testing and too many problems.

Advice to Senior Managementpromote and increase pay, some people are desperate to keep their jobs but to keep valued employees you need to give reason to stay.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Awesome company to work for!

Sales Associate - Real Estate Agent - Realtor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsProvides great management, and can earn more than average compensation along with flexibility!

ConsIt's a lot of hard work that requires confidence and motivation

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing an awesome job! Keep it up!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

realtor

Proslarge company good advertising many locations

Consbad pay split, not much help for new realtors

Advice to Senior Managementbe nicer

Excellent name recognition - with no follow through

Broker (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsName recognition, a good starting point.

ConsWhere to start? DO NOT WORK HERE. They will charge you fees upfront to get you started under the guise of "training materials" and "technology fees" but will not help you actually practice anything relating to the reason you got your real estate license to begin with. I would rather have actual leads than an iPad. Their so-called training is basically just to be nice to people and listen well - i.e. basic human interaction pointers - and you have to complete ALL of it and pay ALL of your $200+ fees in order to just be able to answer a phone call coming into the office for phone duty. They have a speaker who comes in to give you guidance on believing in yourself while pushing a $700 class. When I politely told them I had chosen to go another direction and go with another firm, they badmouthed that firm and personally attacked the owner. Not exactly professional, but I guess business really is dirty.

They take in new agents who don't know any better, make them do the grunt work they don't feel like doing anymore (like open houses) and pretend like they like you when you come in to meet them but change temperature as soon as you sign the dotted line.

Do NOT let big name real estate firms take your money.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us leads instead of iPads.

A little behind the times, but overall a good company.

Realtor (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGood brand loyalty, decent training opportunities, freedom to grow your business.

ConsSome aspects of the company seem out-of-date (some of their marketing)

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to improve marketing, especially in the areas of diversity and younger buyers.

Real Estate Agent

Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsInternational Brand, ongoing training, many office locations in NYC to work out of and a great diversity of experienced professionals. The database of rentals/sales is well maintained.

ConsReal estate is a tough industry to break into and it can take a long time to create the proper network. Unpaid, no benefits and you pay for your own advertising resources.

Overall fair experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood support to real estate agents

ConsLow pay scale/benefits for staff

Love Coldwell Banker!

ProsEthical management, great training and income potential if you work hard

Conscommission only and I am self-employed.

"Great company and positive work environment"

Realtor (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsGreat people, highest level of professionalism, great support to new real estate agents and very organized.

ConsFor the most part your compensation is affected by the state of the economy and your current real estate market.

Worked for Coldwell Banker? Contribute to the Community!