Colfax Reviews

Updated October 5, 2014
2.6

Steven E. Simms
1 Rating

CFH has vision and high standards placing employees, customers, and doing the right thing all of the time at the top.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Colfax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People and customer focused. Values integrity by doing the right thing all of the time.

Cons

International company which depending on your position can require lots of travel.

Intern

I have been working at Colfax

Pros

Good pay for an intern

Cons

The company generally doesn't pay it's employees the market average.

N/A

I have been working at Colfax full-time

Pros

Health benefits. 401K average.

Cons

Creating change and thus instability has become part of core values.

Values cannot be handed down on a printed sheet. The leadership needs to put in some extra effort.
    Take some time to introspect and understand the difference between leadership and management.

It's OK. A typical B2B firm.

I worked at Colfax

Pros

For the most part, people at Colfax are decent hard working individuals who genuinely care about doing a good job.

Cons

There is a clash of cultures with the old guard and new guard coming in. The new guard believes that anyone who doesn't have a Danaher background or Northwestern MBA isn't worth anything. If you have those two things, you'll be welcomed otherwise you're on the outside.

The values posted are phony and I didn't see the follow through that you would expect from something described as 'so important'.

Talk of employees being important- NOT

Current Employee - Upper Level Technical
    Current Employee - Upper Level Technical

I have been working at Colfax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not many, your very average job. Local people (besides managers) i work with are the best!

Cons

I’ve heard lots of talk from executives and managers for the last couple years.
    BIG talk of advancement opportunities & how employees are the biggest asset but I’ve been treated much better by 98% of my previous employers. I’ve been promoted recognized and rewarded by 98% of every smaller company I’ve worked for for more than 25+ years, not here. They really are just a huge company purely out for profit. Advancement is nearly impossible because you only get promoted if you talk the talk and can impress the BIG visitor when introduced. Many people are scared for their jobs so if you do a good job your supervisor either takes credit or is to afraid to tell the big boss someone under him did something great. Have proven they don’t care for people by lying and cheating whenever they can get away with it. Can’t take a day off without pay to spend time with my family even when work is slow because corporate still has to pay my benefits for that day!!! Even when I worked 30 hours overtime the week before to “Help out”..
    Profits are up because we are paying 20% more for medical than last year, do the math, we each pay 100-300 more a month, instant profits…. Taking the next job I find.

Upper management- Stop lying.
    Maybe allow employees rate their managers/company anonymously.
    But then again, they dont listen so why?

Making quarterly numbers is all that matters.

I worked at Colfax full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is very profitable. Colfax has great employees at all levels. Many of them have been in their jobs for a long time. The products are very good because operators take pride in what they are doing. Very safe work environment. Excellent Lean Manufacturing.

Cons

High stress jobs. Lots of pressure to exceed Wall Street expectations. Top management has high salaries, bonus and stock while the remaining employees get very little. Raises are very low, and benefits are marginal for such a profitable company. Promotions are not given. All opportunities are given to outsiders. You can not move up.

The company lacks vision. You are focusing to short sighted. Look past the next quarter to long-term goals and objectives.

If you're at the bottom, you'll stay at the bottom.

I have been working at Colfax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Effort is not required. Come to work, coast through the day, be happier.

Cons

You will not advance no matter how hard you try.

You're missing out on an excellent opportunity to keep employees happy, and be more productive. However you choose to hire every position from outside the company, making everyone start over every few months.

Colfax is run by the Chairman of the Board, who is one of the Danaher founders, and it also is a ruthless culture.

I worked at Colfax

Pros

good business in certain markets, good global reach

Cons

Operating at the whim of the Chairman who could sell teh company tomorrow and fire you

Copy of Danaher, shares will rise, disrespect to people will never change

Current Employee - CBS Facilitator in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - CBS Facilitator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Colfax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Following the successful strategy of Danaher leads to sustainable rising shares

Cons

No listening before judging, no humble inquiry what's going on, disrespectful behaviour to the empployees, no clue about the products, business system is becoming to be the purpose instead of the tool

listen to your people, perception before judging, start asking 5 why's after grasping the situation, instead of guessing it's better to know what's going on, be on the shop floor, you can't change the system, you only can develop