Colgan Air

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Buddy Casey

It was great while it lasted

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

Prostravel, flight benefits and a great collection of coworkers.

Conslow pay (but better than most regional's), long hours, and a terrible union.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Inflight Director Marc Cheroff was awesome but Pinnacle now Endeavor Airlines are just the worst.

It's quite an interesting company to work for.

ProsThe people and the culture there is what made it tolerable.

ConsTerrible pay and terrible upper management.

A great Family owned Company

Maintenance Controller (Former Employee)
    Manassas, VA

ProsWhen the Company was run by the Colgans it was a great place to work and be a part of

ConsWhen the Company was bought by another airline they brought on some people who were not there for the success of the Company but, for themselves

Advice to Senior ManagementMake everyone feel like they belong to something special and they will make it special for you as well.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New, Challenging

Flight Attendant (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsAdventure, meet new people, Travel

ConsTime away from home, low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementPAY MORE especially with delays!

Colgan Air is a regional airline.

Captain (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

ProsColgan Air is a standard regional airline that allows young pilot to gain experience. They offer benefits in terms of a 401k, medical, dental, and vision. Company was bought by Pinnacle holdings who also bought Mesaba airlines. We currently only fly for Delta airlines.

ConsAirline has filed for bankruptcy and is currently down grading captains and closing bases. They will also be some pay cuts and the return of aircraft.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Colgan Air-Crew Scheduler in Memphis

Crew Scheduler (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

ProsFlying privledges were good. Some training was useful.

ConsThe pay absolutely sucks for the work. Sometimes, we didnt know what we were working from 1 week to the next. I may work 1 week on days and another week on nights. No one wants to really help you because they are too busy trying to make you look bad so they can move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay and have consistent hours

great co-workers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswonderful co- workers, make it what you want it

ConsSalary, schedule, management, out of busniess

Great people - fun place to work!

Captain (Former Employee)

ProsGreat crews with whom to fly. Good, safe work environment that offered real career advancement opportunities. Laid back and reasonable middle management.

ConsPoor work rules and low pay. Back schedules including working tough hours over nights, weekends and most holidays. Seldom treated like an individual on issues where flexibility is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take huge pay raises and then declare bankruptcy. Keep your employees happy.

Coming from a different profession, this has been a great way to break into the industry.

ProsYou get experience with customer service, with the operations side of an airline, and you get experience on the ramp. Also, the flight benefits are nice.

ConsIt's not a mainline company. Sometimes doing everything can be too much. It can be highly stressful and physically demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a great job to get your foot in the door in the airline industry. You will get to see all aspects of how a station works and figure out what you like/don't like.

Interesting fast paced.

A&P Mechanic (Current Employee)

ProsFlight benefits are one of the best. Experience working to get hired on with the bigger airlines. Coworkers that are helpful.

ConsPay is one of the lowest for regional airlines. Schedule is based on seniority. There is no union so they can fire for whatever reason. Have to be in the "in" crowd for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers about equipment required to do the work safely. Hire less contractors and get more experienced people. Stop the revolving door policy and retain your most talented people instead of seeing them go. The average employment during is around one year.

Worked for Colgan Air? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colgan Air reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Colgan Air CEO Buddy Casey. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Colgan Air employees.